Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 07-03-19, 16:45   #21
rewak

He gave it the green light because it was done specifically for 3D post conversion, which Cameron just loves. The 4K version wasn't bad, it had virtually no film grain sure but it did have more detail than the old Bluray had. It'll get re-done and re-released anyway since it was only the original theatrical version that was remastered, probably round about the time the new movie comes out.
rewak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-19, 21:45   #22
ggctuk

A description of the Dark Fate footage from Cinemacon yesterday.

Quote:
The setting is Mexico City. We see a bridge at night, but the environment starts to change. Something is coming. Then that Terminator electricity. Someone is coming from the future. The iconic blue ball appears but it’s only halfway to the road, so when it opens, the person inside falls from the sky, hits the bridge pillars on the way down, and smashes into the ground. A man and a woman who have been making out on a car under the bridge are startled, so they walk over to the naked female body, which is the character played by Mackenzie Davis.

The couple helps her up and carries her to their car, and then the police arrive. The couple explains this person just fell from the sky, but the cop doesn’t believe them. “Oh yeah, I love when it rains naked ladies,” he says as he’s arresting the man. However, when the officer touches Davis, she wakes up. We see her point of view, which isn’t exactly Terminator vision but is definitely something mechanical. She notices the cop’s gun and immediately goes to town on the police, smashing one officer, throwing another. It doesn’t look like she kills anyone but she completely neutralizes like four officers. The couple, who’d been hiding, thank her for saving them. “Don’t thank me yet,” Davis says as she studies the size of her foot versus the man’s. Cut to her, in the man’s clothes, driving away in their car.

The next scene is on a bridge. A black ooze, very much like the T-1000 but darker and grimier, is reforming into the new Terminator played by Gabriel Luna. He’s after a young woman, played by Natalia Reyes, who is being protected by Davis’ character. Davis says, “When they start to kill me, you run,” to the girl. Who is “they?” Well, it’s the new Terminator. His power is to split and become a second whole Terminator, which looks like a black endoskeleton. At that moment, a truck speeds into the scene. It does an aggressive slide and out pops…Sarah Connor, who has a huge ass gun. She fills the human-looking Terminator with shells, much like the did at the end of Terminator 2, and then takes a bazooka off her back, and uses it to blow the **** out of the endoskeleton Terminator. “Who the **** is that?” asks the girl. “I don’t know,” says Davis.

Then the footage moved into more of a montage, with a kind of slow guitar version of the Terminator score playing over it. One scene showed some kind of plane carrying a Humvee and Davis’ character holding on for dear life. We see Arnold Schwarzenegger’s character on a helicopter, shooting a plane from the air. In another scene, he jumps down and smashes out a windshield to save someone. There are some scenes in the future after Judgment Day with helicopters flying, people fighting cyborgs, and one of those people looks like Mackenzie Davis. There’s just a lot of action involving all the characters.

Finally, it goes back to the bridge scene. Sarah Connor pulls out a grenade and drops it off the bridge. As it’s in the air, she says to Davis and Reyes, “I’ll be back,” and walks away as the grenade explodes.
Source

... actually, this sounds far more interesting than anything the previous three films have given us.
ggctuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-19, 10:47   #23
jajay119

It sounds on a parr to me: I personally can see this movie being equally all over the place as the last ones but it'll be amazing because Cameron and Hamilton were involved.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-19, 10:57   #24
Mani_Man

So far it sounds nice but i will be honest...except the third? I do have a soft spot for all of them.
The third one was a bit weird but i like 1,2, Salvation and even the reboot sort of thing Genisys was.

But im easily to entertain when it comes to action movies, i like all the Resident Evil movies too...so im probably not the best judge of quality. XD
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-19, 13:47   #25
Cat Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggctuk View Post
A description of the Dark Fate footage from Cinemacon yesterday.
Thanks for the info (didn’t want to post the whole summary again).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
It sounds on a parr to me: I personally can see this movie being equally all over the place as the last ones but it'll be amazing because Cameron and Hamilton were involved.
I liked all the original films. Looking forward to this one.
Cat Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-19, 19:01   #26
jajay119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Woman View Post

I liked all the original films. Looking forward to this one.
I did and I am too. I just dislike how they're critiqued for being too out there, predictable or all over the place when this one sounds the same but gets a pass cause Cameron is on board, presumably.
Old 14-04-19, 15:59   #27
michaeldt

People liked Genisys?

Whats wrong with them?
michaeldt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-19, 16:05   #28
Mani_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldt View Post
People liked Genisys?

Whats wrong with them?
Why, what is so incredible bad about Genisys?
Its a wacky plot yeah...but we are talking about Terminator here, time traveling killer machines.
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-19, 20:41   #29
jajay119

I'm at a loss myself. I really enjoyed it. I didn't find the plot difficult to follow at all. I do think it was a film you had to have prior knowledge of the series to fully get though.

I get the dislike for Jai Courtney as Reece but honestly that, for me, was one of the only things I disliked.
Old 16-04-19, 20:50   #30
Zelda master

I liked the first part of it, the film just completely fell apart once they traveled through time to the future.
Zelda master is offline   Reply With Quote