Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 24-10-19, 01:08   #21
Dennis's Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baslakor View Post
So I just watched the first episode of Kingdom (Netflix). It plays in Korea at the end of the 1500's and the sets are amazing! Buildings, costumes, nature, etc. Acting is great as well.

From wiki:

Set in Korea’s Joseon period, a few years after the Japanese invasions of Korea (1592-1598). It tells the story of Crown Prince Yi Chang (Ju Ji-hoon), who becomes embroiled in a coup/political conspiracy and is forced to embark upon a mission to investigate the spread of a mysterious undead plague that has beset the current emperor and the country's southern provinces.
This is a terrible description. I far prefer the tweeted description that sucked me in:

A disgraced medieval Korean prince has to save his country from zombies wearing an astounding array of hats.

It really is such a smart take; changing up the lore to keep it interesting and making the zombie apocalypse something that actually means something politically.
Dennis's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-19, 02:12   #22
Baslakor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis's Mom View Post

A disgraced medieval Korean prince has to save his country from zombies wearing an astounding array of hats.

I agree. This is the perfect description!
Baslakor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-19, 10:14   #23
Grizzly Bear

Default Warning! (Possible spoilers from World War Z)

I can't really enjoy World War Z because of that ending plot-twist, I mean, I find it so silly...

Just because someone has a disease, it doesn't mean that he can't have another one at the same time; I just can't take it seriously, I find it so cheese...
Grizzly Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-19, 10:33   #24
Mani_Man

Kind of surprised that so many people dont like World War Z, i enjoyed the movie...but then, i dont have any interest in watching it ever again.

A list of Zombie movies would be sweet because its one of the "genre" i havent had time to get into since i became a fan of horror movies.
There are so many versions and stuff when it comes to zombies, so that would be nice.

I like Zombieland extremely and cant wait for november 7th when it is released here in germany, shaun of the dead is fun too...but "serious" Zombie movies i have no idea about to be honest.
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-19, 21:35   #25
KManX89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mani_Man View Post
Kind of surprised that so many people dont like World War Z
Oh gee, maybe it's because it has so many plot/logic holes and implausibilities and annoying shaky cams that made it impossible to tell WTF is going on?

It certainly didn't help that it's a PG-13 zombie movie (!) with no blood and very little on-screen violence (see above), which severely watered it down and took away the tension. Seriously, that's like making a Jet-Li movie where he doesn't beat people up, talk about a cardinal sin. Oh man, I miss that "this game contains scenes of explicit violence and gore" message every time you booted up the classic Resident Evil games, pretty much letting you know you're in for a true zombie experience from the get-go.

Nevermind that it's nothing like the book, which is already bad enough by itself.

Last edited by KManX89; 25-10-19 at 21:45.
KManX89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-19, 14:31   #26
robm_2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post
I can't really enjoy World War Z because of that ending plot-twist, I mean, I find it so silly...

Just because someone has a MEOW
... Is that SPOILER ALERT when they essentially gave people cancer or whatever to prevent zombie infection? I forgot all about that. I wish I still had.
robm_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-19, 14:44   #27
michaeldt

Night, Dawn and Day of the Dead. Return of the Living Dead (BRAINS). Shaun of the Dead. Train to Busan. Re-Animator.
michaeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-19, 18:36   #28
TR luver7

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonbob View Post
Yes, 28 Day Later is the best Zombie movie.

Dawn Of The Dead (2004)
Train To Busan (2016)
Seoul Station (2016)
REC movies

are all great too.
I cried like a baby with Train to Busan

I like Zombieland, and Warm bodies was cute...
TR luver7 is offline   Reply With Quote