Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III > The Lost Artifact

Old 20-05-22, 16:39   #91
b122251

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpt9509 View Post
i would like to ask, can you fix the bugs in the ECTS and october 5th version of tr3? in their current state they re unplayable, i know you re already busy with this port but maybe you can send me a tutorial on how to mod psx files because i want to learn how to build custom levels for the original psx
What bugs are you referring to? If there's some error in the level files, you'd have to figure out a way to modify those. If there's bugs in the binary of the executable, I'd suggest a disassembler and a lot of patience. I've modded the TR2 PSX binaries once to add support for the wolf and bear enemies, and it took over a month.

As for a tutorial on modifying psx level files, there isn't one. The way I do it is I take the PC levels as a base, modify them with TRMOD (a program I wrote myself), and then convert those to the PS1 using TR3PCPSX (another program I wrote myself, and which I haven't released to the public). As far as I'm aware, no publicly available program exists to modify tr3 psx levels. I haven't added support for them in TRMOD yet, and I don't know if I ever will. So I think that if you want to edit tr3 levels, you're first going to have to write the tools to do it. Like I did.
b122251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-22, 18:52   #92
TRExpertgamer
Inactive

Lightbulb

And speaking about the ECTS version of TR3, are you going to port that to make it playable for the PC platform as well b122251?
TRExpertgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-22, 23:45   #93
mizuno_suisei

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRExpertgamer View Post
And speaking about the ECTS version of TR3, are you going to port that to make it playable for the PC platform as well b122251?
Huh? He specializes in porting PC TR goodies to the PS1, why would he do that? You can play the ECTS demo via any PS1 emulator tool for PC
mizuno_suisei is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-22, 03:47   #94
LateRaider
Inactive

I'm just here patiently waiting the finalization of this. Thanks for your hard work, b122251.
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-22, 17:42   #95
Simpt9509

Cool help

Quote:
Originally Posted by b122251 View Post
Thanks, but why do you want me to do that? I already have years of experience modding PSX levels. Almost all available programs to mod PSX levels were written by me. What are you planning to do with the level file if I send it to you?
i dont have any bad intentions if you send me the level file i just want to help you to address the errors seeing it has been a year and still there s trouble with this level, i want to help you analize the level file to check the errors, test it in epsxe, see how the memory works but you have the last word, take the time to think about it
Simpt9509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-22, 18:01   #96
Simpt9509

hi its been over a month since i last posted and i would like to know if this project is still going on sorry if im disturbing you
Simpt9509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-22, 07:30   #97
ADistantImage

I just wanted to say thank you. This is so next level amazing and a dream come true for me. I have always wished the expansions had made their way to PlayStation but never thought it would ever happen.

Yesterday & today I got them both running on DuckStation for Xbox Series X and the MiSTer FPGA PSX core, which required converting to .chd. They run fantastically! I'm spreading the word and really looking forward to Lost Artifact. Wow!

You can do it! 💪🏽

Last edited by ADistantImage; 31-08-22 at 07:38.
ADistantImage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-22, 10:28   #98
icemanmelting

Hi! @b122251I am great fan of your work, specially because you are one of the best people out there working to preserve my favorite franchise and my favorite console of all time, all at the same time! I would like to ask, if there's any progress on this, if you are still having issues, and if I can do anything to help? Even if it is as a tester only.

Cheers
icemanmelting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-22, 07:17   #99
b122251

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemanmelting View Post
Hi! @b122251I am great fan of your work, specially because you are one of the best people out there working to preserve my favorite franchise and my favorite console of all time, all at the same time! I would like to ask, if there's any progress on this, if you are still having issues, and if I can do anything to help? Even if it is as a tester only.
Cheers
Hey, thanks. Right now I'm trying out some rather special tricks to reduce memory use in the hope of getting the whole game to work. (There is no guarantee they will work, as they have never been attempted before, and implementing them is very difficult.) Unfortunately, right now there is no way I think anybody can help me with this project. But I thank you all for your enthusiasm, and I hope I'll be able to deliver.
b122251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-22, 00:21   #100
Mokono

TR3, as beautiful as it is on the PS1, stutters and lags a lot even in Lara's Home. Have you noticed any significant slowdowns while porting TLA?

I wonder if your optimisations, once you're done, could be back-ported to TR3.
Mokono is offline   Reply With Quote