Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 28-01-23, 22:07   #41
Tonyrobinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon-Safari View Post
I don't think the series would ever recover. Unless you mean between the different timelines. But Lara realizing she's in a game or movie, it would just be so corny and jarring.
I don't want Lara to break the forth wall but PWB has me excited because her writing seems so suited to Lara's brand of sarcastic humor.

I will say though Lara has broken the forth wall in most of the classic games by guiding the player through tutorials, Saying "No" and even at the end of TR2 when she is about to shower. I don't know if I really want that on film though.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-23, 22:11   #42
HarleyCroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
I will say though Lara has broken the forth wall in most of the classic games by guiding the player through tutorials, Saying "No" and even at the end of TR2 when she is about to shower. I don't know if I really want that on film though.
I forgot about those instances That is some wall smashing
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-23, 22:46   #43
Moon-Safari

I forgot about that too, that's very true. I think it worked in those slight winks to the player though.
Moon-Safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-23, 01:59   #44
Child Of Ocean

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyPromise View Post
NO. It would be interesting for the first time that a true British woman played Lara Croft. No more fake English accent... please.

I find Ana de Armas amusing. In Spain she was considered a terrible actress and now in the USA people love her lol maybe act in English made her interpret better than in Spanish (It is not hate. I love Ana but it is curious for me :P)
Yeah. They need to cast a British actress. Maybe Vanessa Kirby or some other actresses from The Crown

How much do I wish that Catherine Zeta-Jones could be 25 years younger. She was born to play Lara. She’s got the perfect balance of elegance, sexiness, playfulness and toughness. Some time I even think that she’s a better choice than Angelina
Child Of Ocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-23, 16:21   #45
Chamayoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
Deadline have elaborated a bit more, Legendary is also one of the rights holders so I fully expect Atwell to be the unified Lara at this point.

https://deadline.com/2023/01/tomb-ra...os-1235243030/
Interesting enough, this clashes with The Hollywood Reporter article.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...on-1235311847/

One said PWB is also involved in the upcoming movie, the other one said she's not. Who's right ?
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-23, 23:15   #46
Tonyrobinson

If PWB is involved in the film then they'll have to move fast. The key reason being the series is falling under her new deal with Amazon. That deal is in place for three years so if they want to get this made they'll have to kick it into production pretty soon I think.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-23, 22:24   #47
Grizzly Bear

This is so exciting!

But also weird... An anime series by Netflix and now a movie and a tv show by Amazon??

Does everyone want Tomb Raider all of a sudden lol?

As long as these movie/series are good, I'm happy!
Grizzly Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-23, 19:28   #48
Zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post
This is so exciting!

But also weird... An anime series by Netflix and now a movie and a tv show by Amazon??

Does everyone want Tomb Raider all of a sudden lol?

As long as these movie/series are good, I'm happy!
I think it's a combination of the streaming wars and Hollywood studios just generally being super into established IP and the longer that craze goes on, the fewer big-name franchises and brands are left for them to pick up and exploit.
Zebra is offline   Reply With Quote