Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Raider Next Generation

Old 16-10-21, 17:47   #11
Krystian

Correct, this plugin doesn't add any moves between flat monkey and ladder. Perhaps I could integrate these moves too, when I have some more time to work on the plugin. But nonetheless, I would like to address the incompatibility with Animation= scripts.
Krystian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-21, 18:37   #12
Titak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystian View Post
Correct, this plugin doesn't add any moves between flat monkey and ladder. Perhaps I could integrate these moves too, when I have some more time to work on the plugin. But nonetheless, I would like to address the incompatibility with Animation= scripts.
Good to know. No problem.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-21, 18:54   #13
Titak

Exclamation

Another thing I found:
Lara does not go into the climbing animations when jumping straight up to a sloped ceiling. Nor will she shimmy sideways.
It does however work when doing a forward jump to the sloped ceiling.

Something on my end or something that simply does not work?
Old 22-10-21, 20:36   #14
Krystian

Yes, this has already been reported to me by AkyV and ChocolateFan during beta-testing. I wanted to fix it sooner but I noticed that fixing this inconsistency was a bit more complicated than I assumed at first. I prioritized getting other issues sorted out first

It will certainly be fixed in the next update, however
Old 23-10-21, 17:32   #15
Titak

No problem.
For my current levels I now simply made sure she can't jump straight up to a sloped ceiling.

The ceiling climb won't be used much in my Mists of Avalon 2 levels since the levels are pretty much finished when it comes to roomgeometry and platforming gameplay, but I simply couldn't resist implementing this ceiling climbing in some places. I replaced some monkey-to-overhead-ladder situations.
Old 13-11-21, 02:08   #16
adngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
Great work Krystian!

If you have an Animation= command for the ladder-to-monkey move, it will overrule the move in the plugin.
Result is that Lara is just hanging there on the slope, not going anywhere.
So if that is happening, simply get rid of the Animation= command.
I'm confident that Krystian may fix it in a future.

Meanwhile, the way I solved this issue with a flag to activate/deactivate the "Ladder to flat monkey" animation.

So in the level, I put deactivators triggers when there is a ladder to slope monkey to avoid that conflict. (And again triggers to re-activate the skill when Lara goes out of the room or when is needed).

Code:
;Ladder To Flat Monkey
Animation= 492, KEY1_ACTION + KEY1_UP, IGNORE, IGNORE, ENV_MULT_CONDITION, 23, IGNORE, -164

MultEnvCondition= 23, > ; Condition for the animation execution.
ENV_MONKEY_CEILING, 1024, IGNORE, >   ;Have a monkey ceiling above.
ENV_CONDITION_TRIGGER_GROUP, 39,IGNORE; ;The trigger 39 be true.

TriggerGroup = 39, $8000,64,$002C ;Is true if the bit[0] from Local Alfa Byte 1 is 1.

TriggerGroup = 40, $2000,234,$0040 ;Trigger to activate skill (set LaB1)
TriggerGroup = 41, $2000,235,$0040 ;Trigger to deactivate skill (clear LaB1)

Last edited by adngel; 13-11-21 at 02:10.
adngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-21, 20:58   #17
Titak

^
Neat workaround!

I think I've tackled all ladder-to-flat-monkey situations in my levels, but I'll keep this in mind in case I've overlooked some spots.
(Which is possible since my game now has 18 playable levelfiles...)
Old 14-11-21, 17:05   #18
Joey79100

If you want to save a variable, you could "select" the rooms in the ladder to ceiling should trigger another way: using ENV_ROOM_IS.
To specify several rooms, you can simply stack many ENV_ROOM_IS in a MultEnvCondition= command, and add this condition to the original Animation= command using ENV_MULT_OR_CONDITION.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-21, 19:14   #19
Krystian

Nice workaround!

But I have good news regarding this matter - I was able to devise a condition trigger, which can be exported into script and placed in a trigger group. Then you can refer to that TG with ENV_CONDITION_TRIGGER_GROUP (as part of a MultEnvCondition script, for example) and it will make TRNG prioritize the climbing animations on 4 click sloped ceiling with monkey
Naturally, the Animation script will still work normally, if the ceiling is less than 4 clicks steep.

This new update, which will also add the ability to grab the climbable slope from an upwards jump (and not just a forward jump), will hopefully be sent for retesting by beta testers in the upcoming week. And hopefully released soon after
One more feature that has been requested - a condition for testing that Lara is currently slope climbing (similar to TRNG conditions that Lara is currently climbing ladders or monkey swinging) will also be included
Old 30-12-21, 20:23   #20
justin

Krystian, I just wanted to let you know how much players love your plugin. My latest demo featured it and it happens to be many players' favourite part of my demo
justin is offline   Reply With Quote