www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Technical Support

Old 10-09-21, 23:13   #1
perryloo
Historian

Default Not secure websites?

Best solution I found...See message #9, by me to get into an unsecured webpage...

Help needed thanks, I cannot get on twitch anymore to watch live tomb raider custom building, as my computer via chrome browser says its Not-secure, this just started suddenly a month ago

A message comes up on this website and I do not know how to fix it. This happens on some other websites as well. Some websites let me in, others like twich does not let me in.
Here is the message....

Last edited by perryloo; 30-11-21 at 19:37.
perryloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-21, 18:56   #2
Bokkie
Super Moderator

Please check if the date and time on your computer is correct
Bokkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-21, 15:19   #3
perryloo
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokkie View Post
Please check if the date and time on your computer is correct
Wish it was that easy to sort, but no the time and date is perfect, thanks for trying.

Old 27-09-21, 16:26   #4
ANoDE
Golden

Have you tried running a scan for malware / viruses?

When you click on the "Not secure" badge - which information is displayed to you?

twitch.tv should be signed by a company called "Global Sign".

Any possibility your browser is too old to support more recent versions of encryption? Have you tried updating google chrome? Does it happen with other browsers (MS Edge, Firefox, etc) as well?

Since it looks like you're on Windows 7 you might have to install a few OS updates as well.
Old 30-09-21, 21:28   #5
perryloo
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoDE View Post
....Any possibility your browser is too old to support more recent versions of encryption? Have you tried updating google chrome? Does it happen with other browsers (MS Edge, Firefox, etc) as well?

Since it looks like you're on Windows 7 you might have to install a few OS updates as well.
Thanks for the suggestions. As for viruses, I recently had viruses and put my win7 computer back to factory settings by wiping everything by using the factory settings backup from a separate partion of the disk. Done this many times over the years to sort problems. Then this thing started up with secure/unsecure websites after only a few weeks.

I have checked with some computer forums, and they are saying Win7 is now too old and unsupported and no updates, so better to buy a win10 computer, sooner than later. I suppose its time to bite the bullet and buy a win10 computer.

Last edited by perryloo; 01-10-21 at 12:43.
Old 01-10-21, 03:51   #6
jvry
Hobbyist

Did you try a different browser not based on Chrome? Something like Firefox, perhaps. Chrome derivatives seem to be quite nannying lately, even if you turn off all their safe browsing features.

You will eventually have to upgrade your OS, and if your computer is too low spec, that will indeed mean a new computer. Never a fun prospect if the one you have was serving you well until 3rd parties started pulling the rug out from under you. But if this particular issue can be solved by changing browser, you have a little bit longer to save your money and mentally prepare yourself.
jvry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-21, 12:59   #7
perryloo
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvry View Post
Did you try a different browser not based on Chrome? Something like Firefox, perhaps. Chrome derivatives seem to be quite nannying lately, even if you turn off all their safe browsing features.

You will eventually have to upgrade your OS, and if your computer is too low spec, that will indeed mean a new computer.....
I have managed to get into some non-secure websites again, like twitch.TV which i really missed, as I like watching Tomb raider custom game building. I was looking at a website that gave a number of ways around the secure/non-secure problem, and some seemed to have worked. These were...
Clear SSL cache, clear web browser (but not passwords) and restart computer.

So I have now access to most of my websites I visit to not annoy me, even if they are unsecure. and will allow me time to save up for a newer machine with win10.

It really bugs me that even if you accept that you want to get into website (unsafe), it prevents you from doing so. No easy bypass. As you say its the nanny state

PS...I will try firefox if it get bad again.
Old 01-10-21, 15:33   #8
PedroTheGamer
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryloo View Post
I have managed to get into some non-secure websites again, like twitch.TV which i really missed, as I like watching Tomb raider custom game building. I was looking at a website that gave a number of ways around the secure/non-secure problem, and some seemed to have worked. These were...
Clear SSL cache, clear web browser (but not passwords) and restart computer.

So I have now access to most of my websites I visit to not annoy me, even if they are unsecure. and will allow me time to save up for a newer machine with win10.

It really bugs me that even if you accept that you want to get into website (unsafe), it prevents you from doing so. No easy bypass. As you say its the nanny state

PS...I will try firefox if it get bad again.
that's really weird dude! i use w10 and opera GX and it works perfectly fine. try use twitch app should work for fine for now. but it is really weird,if you don't know w7 doesn't have anymore support of microsoft so no more updates or any bug help if you got some unfortunately.
Old 03-10-21, 12:31   #9
perryloo
Historian

For another easy method on chrome to get into an unsecure website. (again I just found it on the internet).

When the 'Your connection is not private' page comes up, you just type anywhere on that page....

thisisunsafe

and then enter

and you go right to that website but still unsafe.
This is a good bypass method