www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 09-05-19, 10:52   #18211
Mordyga
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakRaider View Post
WOW that looks amazing, like straight out of TRA! with a but more lighting that could easily be the best manor we have yet
Thanks but well, hope you will think like that when you will see it in motion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
This looks really good!! Is this made using objects from TRSearch?? I know there is a set for Croft Manor but I don't know if it includes these... The pool columns and roof look really good! I've been toying with the idea of making a manor for years now too, so I'm curious

As for objects, if they are statics they don't react to any light and you would have to add shadows and highlights using StrPix light editor. Then you can adjust hue in TombEditor by selecting the object and changing static color (in lighting mode).

Other option is to put the objects in ANIMATING slot, so they react to all lights of the room and dynamic lights such as gunfire and flares.

Or use TombEditor's feature of imported geometry, where you import a 3D format file directly into the room and it will be lighted on compilation stage basing on room lights (you will need to use dummy objects for collision though).

People also use Meta2tr for a similar result by merging the objects with the room mesh, but TE is not 100% compatible with it and it might cause issues with animated textures.

Really depends on what result you're going for. ANIMATING objects are probably best but they're still a fuss and they're limited in number.
Some objects are from trsearch, but the roof is made from scratch. The base of the collumns are from LevelNextGen pushable fish object, just made them to fit the roof object. Most objects are made by me, and most are duplicated just to fit. I see that TE allows to freely move and rotate objects so that's very convinient. More room for custom objects Thanks for the tips! I think I used all the MIP slots, I can't remember everything that well because I didn't touch it for 2 years
Mordyga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-19, 17:40   #18212
Dustie
Relic Hunter

Nice work then! I don't think I'd be able to make an object like the roof, least not with ease.

And yes, TombEditor's ability to place objects freely is heaven <3 No more need for putting the object strategically within it's grid to be able to have it placed in the right spot within a sector like in TRLE/NGLE. Not to mention free rotating...
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-19, 18:44   #18213
GeekOfComedy
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
Nice work then! I don't think I'd be able to make an object like the roof, least not with ease.

And yes, TombEditor's ability to place objects freely is heaven <3 No more need for putting the object strategically within it's grid to be able to have it placed in the right spot within a sector like in TRLE/NGLE. Not to mention free rotating...
For sure! The free transform TombEditor provides has dramatically been the reason why I've returned to edit.

The fact I can use 2-3 different types of plant fauna and freely transform them is amazing. I remember having to use 9-10 to try to show variety but you can angle, rotate and move them so well it's amazing. Then that puts less strain on the engine with less textinfos etc.
GeekOfComedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-19, 12:15   #18214
leoarcie
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordyga View Post
JMN That looks so spectacular, the texturing really hides the blockiness of the map

GeekOfComedy Looks interesting but in the same time looks really rough around the edges. How will the climbing axe work?

Sabatu looks fun to play with, especially the collapsed collumns. Nicely done. My only sugestion would be the clearness of the water

I found old files of a manor that I wanted to create for the 2017 advent calendar. Wanted to bring it to life using Tomb Editor. Don't know much about the new tools ect. but I hope that the lighting can be fixed. It is really dull on the objects.

Still an early stage, but with all those new features and tools I think about builiding again
Super random question but... What's that font you're using? (FPS = 27.40)
It's the same from Tomb Raider: Legend, I was trying to find it.
Old 12-05-19, 20:14   #18215
Kapu
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoarcie View Post
Super random question but... What's that font you're using? (FPS = 27.40)
It's the same from Tomb Raider: Legend, I was trying to find it.
The TRL menu font is called Conduit ITC
Kapu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-19, 23:30   #18216
MarlenaCrystal
Student

A little sneak preview of "something" I worked on today...

MarlenaCrystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-19, 03:06   #18217
matrix54
Tomb Raider

Beautiful.
Old 25-05-19, 05:54   #18218
MBog
Archaeologist

Look at her... She's b E a U T i f u L...

I can t wait to hear what unsettling noises that thing makes
Old 25-05-19, 06:16   #18219
LGG_PRODUCTION
Explorer

Wow, Twin Victims, I love them, and I love Silent Hill
Old 25-05-19, 06:38   #18220
Ligufaca
Archaeologist

Oh wow. That's amazing! My fav enemy from SH4!
Ligufaca is offline   Reply With Quote