Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 05-03-19, 12:27   #11
Cochrane
Golden

i assume they’re doing this because DLCs are cheaper to make than a new game (the technology and many of the art assets are already there). That means they get better profit margins that way.
Cochrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-19, 12:41   #12
Portugalraider

Uh, not saying that the next game is even in pre-production because both CD and EM are working on their respective Marvel projects, but in what world does the development of DLC affects the production of the next entry of a franchise? Especially considering that if any work was being on a sequel it would still be in pre-production and not on active development?
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-19, 12:46   #13
Linoshi Croft

I'm guessing you didn't like the game...? Bit baffled why anyone would be mad about getting more of something they enjoyed. I highly doubt the DLC would effect the schedule of the next game. The DLC and it's release format was probably created to make the gap between Shadow and the next game feel less extensive.
Linoshi Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-19, 12:52   #14
tomee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
Uh, not saying that the next game is even in pre-production because both CD and EM are working on their respective Marvel projects,
Huh?
What Marvel project is EM working on?
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-19, 13:06   #15
killchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
Huh?
What Marvel project is EM working on?
Guardians of the Galaxy
killchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-19, 17:08   #16
tomee

Quote:
Originally Posted by killchan View Post
Guardians of the Galaxy
Interesting, this is the first time I read this. That might indeed come at the cost of TR having to take a backstage, but I doubt they'd go on a full hiatus. It probably just means pre production and subsequent development is handled by a smaller team and as a result it might take more than 2 years for the next game to see daylight.
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-19, 17:21   #17
FanosCroft

Vasco is just assuming the next game is in pre-production, dont mind him, I guess he wasnt sharing false info on prupose.

I know some insider that hes really trusty ( he confirmed to me that SOTTR will feature photo mode and a croft manor segment 3 months before the games release, he also knows when new trailers for certain movies drop one or two days before the actual release ), he said that SE and its developers are not quite sure were they should go next with the franchsie, a new game wasnt in pre-pre-production before Shadow's release. They were on the fence at the beginning of this year and were questioning themselves where should they take Lara next. Idk if things changed since then but thats all I know. And yes, EM is indeed working on a GOG game, SE has a multi-year multi-game deal with Marvel and we'll see more Marvel games from SE in the future, but thats not stopping them from making TR games. I think once CrystalD is done with the Avengers Project, they'll get back on making TR, bc from what my insider said, EM is working on GOG game + one more game but thats not TR related, and theres not much room for TR on EM's studios (thankfully).
FanosCroft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-19, 17:25   #18
Chamayoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanosCroft View Post
Vasco is just assuming the next game is in pre-production, dont mind him, I guess he wasnt sharing false info on prupose.

I know some insider that hes really trusty ( he confirmed to me that SOTTR will feature photo mode and a croft manor segment 3 months before the games release, he also knows when new trailers for certain movies drop one or two days before the actual release ), he said that SE and its developers are not quite sure were they should go next with the franchsie, a new game wasnt in pre-pre-production before Shadow's release. They were on the fence at the beginning of this year and were questioning themselves where should they take Lara next. Idk if things changed since then but thats all I know. And yes, EM is indeed working on a GOG game, SE has a multi-year multi-game deal with Marvel and we'll see more Marvel games from SE in the future, but thats not stopping them from making TR games. I think once CrystalD is done with the Avengers Project, they'll get back on making TR, bc from what my insider said, EM is working on GOG game + one more game but thats not TR related, and theres not much room for TR on EM's studios (thankfully).
It's not Vasco, it's another insider (and member here of TRF) who shared that "TR12 was already in the work). All is in the hidden section.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-19, 17:28   #19
NoahCrofRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
It's not Vasco, it's another insider (and member here of TRF) who shared that "TR12 was already in the work). All is in the hidden section.
Precisely. The only thing that’s unconfirmed (afaik) is who’s developing it.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-19, 17:30   #20
Chamayoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
Precisely. The only thing that’s unconfirmed (afaik) is who’s developing it.
Indeed, that was my very first question in mind.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote