Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Modding > XNALara

Old 06-02-11, 00:50   #21
PabloPicasso

Default I agree

Much as I understand why people want to protect their own IP (intellectual property) I cannot say that I own any of the models that Crofty and I extracted for the community.

It is not good use when restrictions are placed on items.

Maybe I am not seeing the whole thing but Dizzydoils argument makes sense.
PabloPicasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-11, 01:08   #22
amaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzydoil View Post
I propose the banning of XNAaraL's program, the ModProtector [link]:

XNALara [link] and it's models [link] ~ [link] are under "fair use"- venturing out and using ModProtector changes this dramatically and unfortunately, allows XNALara to take a dark turn and eventually become totally and completely illegal to use; many users and models becoming subject to now copyrighted material- which they, you, we- do not own (because they have been "protected"). While you may think it's "no big deal" and that it "doesn't hurt anyone", using or posting those files or works which are derived from ModProtector, is infact a breach of copyright law. Even if the models and materials you want to use are protected by copyright, you won't need permission if your intended use constitutes a "fair use". However, ModProtector takes away this permission- and therefore should be inaccesible for users on this forum, and/or for all the XNALara community. Unless people want to suffer the consequences.

"...take not from others to such an extent and in such a manner that you would be resentful if they so took from you..." ~ McDonald, "Non-infringing Uses," 9 Bull. Copyright Society 466 (1962).

In other words, don't protect a model that has never and will never belong to you.
I agree as well. As I said before, if you don't want people to use your stuff, don't put it up for download. if you let your stuff out there, it's gonna be modified to fit the other people's needs. I see no point to ModProtector.
amaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-11, 01:12   #23
$AtlantiB$

really? okay you have to go in Modding V2 thread and read our converision.
IF YOU GUYS NOT UNDERSTAND US-MODERS, WE HAVE TO TAKE HARD WAYS! and than you're talking about you're white and furry... ABSURT!
i can quote myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
really? Ripping and editing TR meshes is illegal, and you're talking about legality of XNALara community! ALL, hear me? ALL MODS ARE BASED ON TR MESHESH, most of them based on TRU meshes. IF someone want to use it, he/she can get it using export tool in XNALara to convert MODEL and IMPORT it in BLENDER to EDITING. Protected mods not allows you to IMPORT it into blender. Like you're never had scripts. nothing illegal
THERE IS NOTHING ABOUT OWNING OF MOD.
you're just mad for another reason, such that you can not use parts of your future favorite models.
Thanks for Attention.
P.S. if u still dont understand it we can ask moderation or Keir about correct point of view!

Last edited by $AtlantiB$; 06-02-11 at 01:15.
$AtlantiB$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-11, 01:25   #24
VictorXD

I agree with Dizzy, protecting something that you have not made by your own, has no point really, specially if your gonna put it to download.
And $AtlantiB$, taking the meshes from TR isn't illegal, never was and never will be, or else Dusan would already be facing a lawsuit and XNALara would be banned right? And it is unfair that all have to suffer the consequences because some few couldn't agree with the read me and took parts of a mod.
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-11, 01:44   #25
$AtlantiB$

what the consequences are you talking about!? that you wouldn't be able to rip mods of other users???
well this is point of view of everyone! some of you want to have all and right now! others can understand what is real job and how its unpleasantly when someone rip it!
of about me, I am tired to talk thinks that may not understand! the only thing that Im asking you in read me its ask me if you want to use parts of mesh i made or edit!
Old 06-02-11, 01:52   #26
VictorXD

First of all stop generalizing, it's not because some people take parts of mods without credit or reading the read me, means that every single modder is willing to steal your content, $AtlantiB$.
If you are unhappy some people take content of your mods, try talking to the person who "stole" it, or even contact a moderator.

And IMO, I don't really see why people taking stuff is SUCH a big deal it's not like if the person was like: OMGZ I MAED THIZ LOLWLOLAAZ!
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-11, 02:03   #27
lance6439

can we put "Black Bars" infront of the area's?
lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-11, 02:14   #28
$AtlantiB$

0mg. what the hell are you talking about! there is nothing about me and my mods. and I'm dont generalizing! I am a person who asked XL to write this tool and in the message above i've wrote the reasons why!
anyway, lets wait for moderator answer!
Old 06-02-11, 02:16   #29
amaris

Yeah, let's have a mod fix this please, i am sick and tired of one person's comment sparking a huge debate. I know I commented on it too, but this is just getting rediculous.
amaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-11, 02:31   #30
lance6439

did i do anything ...
lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote