Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Last Revelation

Old 16-03-18, 23:00   #51
Famicom

Quote:
Originally Posted by innuendo1231 View Post

By the way, I hope you don't mind if I link some widescreen modified version of this exes for 1920x1080 and 3840x2160 (fov and aspect ratio corrections):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SMn...ew?usp=sharing
What difference is there between your widescreen fix and the one from the op?¿
Famicom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-18, 14:23   #52
innuendo1231

Original is 4x3, there's no widescreen mod in it. However, I haven't updated these to 1.3 yet! They were based on 1.2
Maybe this evening....
innuendo1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-18, 15:54   #53
Famicom

Quote:
Original is 4x3, there's no widescreen mod in it. However, I haven't updated these to 1.3 yet! They were based on 1.2
Maybe this evening....
That would be great!
Maybe the OP could include your widescreen fix in his mod compilation permanently?

To be honest it's been a while since I played these games -apart from TR1- and all of a sudden I want them to work on my rig with all the bells and whistles, widescreen, HD, etc. This is all so exciting to me that now I realize I've been flooding the whole forum with my messages.
Old 17-03-18, 20:26   #54
innuendo1231

Done, updated links in post #37.

Unfortunately, there's no "universal" widescreen mod. Why? In 4:3, the FOV remains the same in all resolutions. If the asptect ratio is changed to 16:9, the FOV changes abnormally with every different resolution.

Here's how to fix it though:

First, you need a reference. Run the game with 4:3 exe. Position yourself to have a distinct horizontal line very close to the top edge of the screen, this will be your measure. Save here, but check how it looks after loading that save, it might change.

Make some copies of your chosen exe, for the desired resolutions. HEX strings to edit in them:

A1 F8 3C 75 ------- Original FOV 4:3. Surroundings: D1 E0 8B C8 A1 F8 3C 75 00 99 0F BF

B8 A0 05 00 ------- FOV for 1920x1080.

B8 40 0B 00 ------- FOV for 3840x2160.

AB AA AA ------- Original aspect 4:3. Surroundings: 4D 62 50 3F AB AA AA 3F 0A D7 A3

39 8E E3 -------- Aspect 16:9. Same for all widescreen resolutions.

If you want to fiddle with other resolutions or just make your own fix, you must use your reference save. First change the aspect ratio's HEX values to 16:9. Now set your game to the desired resolution. Launch the game and load your refernce save. You will see the FOV is wrong. Now you can try changing the FOV values. Keep in mind that these hex values are in that twisted backwards byte order though. So changing the first pair of HEX values of the four pairs is the way to make small changes.
Your goal is of course to align your reference measuring horizontal line at the top edge to be at the same spot as it was in the 4:3 exe.

Last edited by innuendo1231; 17-03-18 at 20:32.
innuendo1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-18, 09:11   #55
Famicom

Quote:
Done, updated links in post #37.

Unfortunately, there's no "universal" widescreen mod. Why? In 4:3, the FOV remains the same in all resolutions. If the asptect ratio is changed to 16:9, the FOV changes abnormally with every different resolution.

Here's how to fix it though:

First, you need a reference. Run the game with 4:3 exe. Position yourself to have a distinct horizontal line very close to the top edge of the screen, this will be your measure. Save here, but check how it looks after loading that save, it might change.

Make some copies of your chosen exe, for the desired resolutions. HEX strings to edit in them:

A1 F8 3C 75 ------- Original FOV 4:3. Surroundings: D1 E0 8B C8 A1 F8 3C 75 00 99 0F BF

B8 A0 05 00 ------- FOV for 1920x1080.

B8 40 0B 00 ------- FOV for 3840x2160.

AB AA AA ------- Original aspect 4:3. Surroundings: 4D 62 50 3F AB AA AA 3F 0A D7 A3

39 8E E3 -------- Aspect 16:9. Same for all widescreen resolutions.

If you want to fiddle with other resolutions or just make your own fix, you must use your reference save. First change the aspect ratio's HEX values to 16:9. Now set your game to the desired resolution. Launch the game and load your refernce save. You will see the FOV is wrong. Now you can try changing the FOV values. Keep in mind that these hex values are in that twisted backwards byte order though. So changing the first pair of HEX values of the four pairs is the way to make small changes.
Your goal is of course to align your reference measuring horizontal line at the top edge to be at the same spot as it was in the 4:3 exe.
a big thank you. I love this community
Old 23-04-18, 16:10   #56
tomblover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremolo View Post
I want to share this patch. I made it adding only the essential improvements and retaining the original experience as much as possible:

Improvements:

- The Uzis and revolver won't disappear anymore.
- The grenades hurts Lara.
- The game won't longer crash when shooting a mummy or jackal.
- Widescreen fix.

TR4 Patch

Thanks to LateRaider, Suikaze Raider, mizuno_suisei, PhantomPain and Paolone.
Does anyone have a mirror for this? Preferably without the grenade fix, if that still breaks the Senet sequence...
tomblover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-18, 18:56   #57
laravision

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomblover View Post
Does anyone have a mirror for this? Preferably without the grenade fix, if that still breaks the Senet sequence...
I never downloaded the fix provided by Tremolo as the site it was hosted on appeared dodgy. Can you not just use the link in the OP, or is it the widescreen fix you're after, in addition to the other features?

Regarding the invisible wall bug with the Senet piece, apparently caused by the grenade fix – if you switch to the v1.3a No Grenade Fix exe, preferably before starting Semerkhet, then you shouldn't encounter the bug. After Semerkhet, you can switch back to using the exe which includes the grenade fix (v1.3b).
laravision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-18, 21:11   #58
tomblover

Quote:
Originally Posted by laravision View Post
I never downloaded the fix provided by Tremolo as the site it was hosted on appeared dodgy. Can you not just use the link in the OP, or is it the widescreen fix you're after, in addition to the other features?

Regarding the invisible wall bug with the Senet piece, apparently caused by the grenade fix – if you switch to the v1.3a No Grenade Fix exe, preferably before starting Semerkhet, then you shouldn't encounter the bug. After Semerkhet, you can switch back to using the exe which includes the grenade fix (v1.3b).
I'm interested in the widescreen fix, but also -- not interested in the non-vanilla features, like bodies not fading, the camera not panning up when Lara equips a weapon, not turning transparent when you're using the look button, and so on.

Basically, just the widescreen fix, the holster fix, and the jackal/mummy vs. explosive ammo fix, is what I want rolled into one .exe -- I'd do it myself, but I've tried my hand at hex editing before, and I know it's way beyond me, so...

Last edited by tomblover; 23-04-18 at 21:13.
Old 02-05-18, 18:36   #59
TheLostSecret

Thumbs up

^ I agree with you .
TheLostSecret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-18, 19:06   #60
tomblover

I had a look around, actually, and the relevant code to enable the holster fix isn't even out there in raw format, so I couldn't apply it to any vanilla .exe -- and PhantomPain's .exe is built on top of mizuno_suisei's fixes, which means it has the camera and transparency changes.

Would anyone happen to have the code? I did try hex editing the game to run at a widescreen aspect ratio, manually, and that actually worked, so I'd be willing to give it a try myself...