Old 14-03-19, 18:29   #1301
Putai
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileman View Post
Who will wear it? Terrible design.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helegad View Post
Dunno about terrible, but it's definitely lazy. A bit of embellishment is sorely needed.

I hope these aren't being purchased in large quantities with backer funds that were supposed to go towards making an album.
Ugh, toxic comments again.
I can't understand for the life of me how any member of the TDAS team has still the will and the strenght to update this thread. Such rude and unwanted feedback.
You don't like the tee, don't get it. No need to be an ass.

Last edited by Putai; 14-03-19 at 18:31.
Putai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-19, 20:43   #1302
Helegad
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putai View Post
Ugh, toxic comments again.
I can't understand for the life of me how any member of the TDAS team has still the will and the strenght to update this thread. Such rude and unwanted feedback.
You don't like the tee, don't get it. No need to be an ass.
Ugh, another white knight. Just because people aren't creaming themselves at the prospect of an odd texture extracted from the game and slapped onto a T-shirt, you think that makes their opinions invalid? You're the ass here. Let people speak their minds.
Old 14-03-19, 23:42   #1303
ashka
Explorer

Quote:
Ugh, another white knight. Just because people aren't creaming themselves at the prospect of an odd texture extracted from the game and slapped onto a T-shirt, you think that makes their opinions invalid? You're the ass here. Let people speak their minds.
Just to clarify.
The in-game texture is extremely low res. The image was recreated by our designer, Lara Titova.

Quote:
It's great for going to the gym
Was EXACTLY my idea! Wanted it for exercise

Quote:
I hope these aren't being purchased in large quantities with backer funds that were supposed to go towards making an album.
These (like most of our tshirts) are made-to-order. Which means closer to shipping date we will order however much has been ordered at the time. We actually had positive response for these (and a few orders) with an exception of this thread of course. But again, we ain't aiming to please everyone with this one and we produced a variety of other tshirt designs (27 in fact) to ensure someone will find something for themselves.
Could I also remind that we also have people purchasing items from the shop and Peter has also invested £18K of own funds from selling own car, so not just backer funds are going towards making this album
https://trdarkangel.com/2019/03/01/t...-supercharged/

Last edited by ashka; 14-03-19 at 23:49.
ashka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-19, 06:47   #1304
b.gluch
Relic Hunter

I like the idea, not so much the execution. I think it would look much better if it was way smaller, like a small icon on the left of the chest.

Made a little mockup of what I would personally wear. I prefer something subtle.

Last edited by b.gluch; 15-03-19 at 07:18.
b.gluch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-19, 08:14   #1305
Ruu11
Explorer

^ See, designers? It wasn't that hard.....

Last edited by Ruu11; 15-03-19 at 08:19.
Ruu11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-19, 11:51   #1306
michaeldt
Tomb Raider

I would love a full all-over T-shirt print of the album cover! That's something I'd wear
Old 15-03-19, 18:31   #1307
Helegad
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashka View Post
Peter has also invested £18K of own funds from selling own car, so not just backer funds are going towards making this album
Yep, we know about the car, it's not like Peter is planning to make a loss on this though, so it'd be nice if you would stop alluding to this project as goodwill/charity work instead of a backer-funded once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for him.
Old 15-03-19, 19:33   #1308
Dustie
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Yep, we know about the car, it's not like Peter is planning to make a loss on this though, so it'd be nice if you would stop alluding to this project as goodwill/charity work instead of a backer-funded once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for him.
Hasn't he already made a loss?? He sold his car

I know some group-funded projects turn out to be outright scams but this was already scaled way down so I can't picture this being a get-rich-quick scheme as you seem to insinuate
Dustie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-19, 22:05   #1309
Helegad
Explorer

I don't think this is a scam at all. Far from it. I just don't think Peter sold his car solely for the reason of funding this project. BMWs are well known for being a hole in the owner's pocket. He's probably been planning on getting rid of it for a while now, but marketing would rather we were imagining him taking buses or hitchhiking every day in desperation of saving every penny possible to invest in this project.

I also never said get-rich-quick. I said once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. I'm really happy for Peter and co., and I know there's a lot of work going into this, I'd just prefer a reasonable price for items and a little more down-to-earth communication. If I'm going to throw $95 + shipping for 2xLP at this project, I'd like to think it's not treated as an inconsequential drop in the bucket when there's clearly a bit of scope-creep going unchecked here.

EDIT: I think a good idea to draw in additional funds would be to export the original TLR/Chronicles/AoD soundtracks as MP3 and FLAC and sell those on the store. They've never been officially released in any complete form, and there's no delivery charges for simple downloads beyond a bit of extra server bandwidth usage. If the end result of this project is a remaster and a live symphony rework, I don't see how doing this can affect sales of the final product.

Last edited by Helegad; 15-03-19 at 22:17.
Helegad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-19, 23:47   #1310
ashka
Explorer

Quote:
He's probably been planning on getting rid of it for a while now, but marketing would rather we were imagining him taking buses or hitchhiking every day in desperation of saving every penny possible to invest in this project
This is absolutely not true. Peter loved his car. He loved driving it to that extent that he'd drive to Chester to pick Murti Schofield up, then to Manchester to film our live streams, then drop Murti back home and go all the way to Newcastle (all together around 8 hours drive). His car was his baby. You should have seen him boasting about its functions and all. He sold it and purchased a much cheaper model for around 2k (AFAIK) and the rest went into trdas. Cut him some slack. Sorry if I sound very dramatic here but only if you knew how attached he was to that BMW (which he moded heavily). He genuinely tries his best to make this awesome and genuinely sold his car and invested into it. There's no "hidden marketing" plot.

No one is treating you as a drop in a bucket. Sorry if anything I said felt like it. I was merely straightening out the facts. We said this on many occasions that every single pound is spent onto making this as great as possible.
Now, I hope after explaining the above, we can carry on with this thread