www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 15-03-19, 06:25   #14341
Ellioft
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
I never seen those quotes before so that's great find also shows they've already thought somewhat about a sequel direction which is nice to hear. Hope something becomes of it. Certainly sounds like Rise is an option.
This quotes was for the release of the movie and also I wanted to have the warm clothes line from Alicia but I don't remember from what interview she said that

I'm not surprised they have something in mind but what about Syria does there's a desert not extensive location ?
Old 15-03-19, 10:03   #14342
Vaskito
Relic Hunter

This is great news!
I was losing hope!
Old 15-03-19, 10:48   #14343
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
This quotes was for the release of the movie and also I wanted to have the warm clothes line from Alicia but I don't remember from what interview she said that

I'm not surprised they have something in mind but what about Syria does there's a desert not extensive location ?
Morocco can be a good double for Syria but to cut costs I think they should probably stick to filming in London and somewhere with a good tax incentive maybe filming in studio for Syria or skipping Syria from the movieand focusing on Siberia. Unless they open the film with Lara in the Syrian tomb discovering the myth and then cut to the title card.

Then again if they wanted to appeal to a wide Chinese audience they could always retcon the snowy location to Tibet and focus on Shangri-la. If its not too similar to The Mummy.

If they try to go the way of adapting Rise I would want Ana's character to be combined with Konstantin and Sofia to be combined with Jacob, we would get more female agency which hampered the first film and got negative press for.

I've rewatched the first recently and I dunno if it's a design choice or subtle foreshadowing but I've noticed Ana wears a cockroach brooch in her scenes.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 15-03-19 at 11:32.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-19, 11:59   #14344
Ellioft
Archaeologist

Quote:
I've rewatched the first recently and I dunno if it's a design choice or subtle foreshadowing but I've noticed Ana wears a cockroach brooch in her scenes.
Ohhhh I haven't noticed this detail it's nice,thanks
Old 15-03-19, 14:00   #14345
FanosCroft
Professor

Whats that?

Last edited by FanosCroft; 15-03-19 at 14:37.
FanosCroft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-19, 16:06   #14346
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanosCroft View Post
Whats that?
A piece of jewellery clipped onto her coats. Generally when a person is described as a cockroach they're mostly known for having ulterior motives that they'll use underhanded methods to achieve. It may have just been a fashion choice but it fits the character perfectly.

I hope they keep Ana costumed like she runs a fashion house she gives me Cruella DeVille vibes she's fabulous in the film and I could see her being deliciously Evil in the sequel.

I have to say te first film looks so well in terms of cinematography when you watch it in 4K, it didn't impress me as much when I watched it in the cinemas.

Edit: I dunno who caught comic relief tonight but Alicia played the gay daughter of Kristin Scott Thomas in a sequel short to Four weddings and a funeral, fun little things like this makes me think they atleast enjoy working with eachother and that they'd both be game for a sequel Kristin included. Also she was light blonde and looked great would be a nice hair colour for the sequel.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 16-03-19 at 02:01.
Old 16-03-19, 16:21   #14347
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

https://twitter.com/AliciaVikanderD/...69732294463488

Alicia is fantastic in 4 wedding sequel! She is smart participating in such British productions!

https://vimeo.com/324433380

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 16-03-19 at 16:22.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-19, 16:33   #14348
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

It's nice to see that meta bit of humour with Kristin playin her mother too.

With all the shake ups at Warner Bros sorting it's DC films I'm starting to think that if we see a sequel to this then we might see a change in tone from the seriousness of the first film and have something more comedic and adventure driven.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 16-03-19 at 16:52.
Old 16-03-19, 19:00   #14349
Grizzly Bear
Archaeologist

Quote:
It's nice to see that meta bit of humour with Kristin playin her mother too.

With all the shake ups at Warner Bros sorting it's DC films I'm starting to think that if we see a sequel to this then we might see a change in tone from the seriousness of the first film and have something more comedic and adventure driven.
No please, the tone of the film is just perfect, Alicia wanted it to be serious and she was right!

By the way, not every movie has to be comedic and full of jokes like Marvel movies; just because now that kind of movies is popular, it doesn't mean that Tomb Raider has to be that way to be successful (moreover, look at the trailer for Frozen 2, movies with a more serious atmosphere will be popular again, I can feel it).

Also, the games have a very serious tone, I don't see why would they even think about turning it into a funny comedy.

Last edited by Grizzly Bear; 16-03-19 at 19:02.
Grizzly Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-19, 19:32   #14350
andre_costa
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post
No please, the tone of the film is just perfect, Alicia wanted it to be serious and she was right!

By the way, not every movie has to be comedic and full of jokes like Marvel movies; just because now that kind of movies is popular, it doesn't mean that Tomb Raider has to be that way to be successful (moreover, look at the trailer for Frozen 2, movies with a more serious atmosphere will be popular again, I can feel it).

Also, the games have a very serious tone, I don't see why would they even think about turning it into a funny comedy.

I think that filling the movie with jokes (Marvel movies style) is not that good of an idea. But I believe if Alicia's Lara was a bit more like Legend's Lara would work perfectly.
I mean, just watch Alicia in The Man from UNCLE -- She can deliver!

Last edited by andre_costa; 16-03-19 at 19:33.
andre_costa is offline   Reply With Quote