www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 15-03-19, 06:40   #23081
Vaskito
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaughingTrendy View Post
Yep yep.
Yassssssssss
Old 15-03-19, 07:42   #23082
Aikon
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post

One year ago.

I LOVE this trailer. It has such a dark tone in it, but a cool one.
Damn pity the game wasn't even close to that.

Also, Lara's confidence/badassery in this trailer goes through the roof
Aikon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-19, 07:45   #23083
Athukraz
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaughingTrendy View Post
Yep yep.
Thanks for confirming queen
Old 15-03-19, 09:49   #23084
James_Rutland
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikon View Post
I LOVE this trailer. It has such a dark tone in it, but a cool one.
Damn pity the game wasn't even close to that.

Also, Lara's confidence/badassery in this trailer goes through the roof
I think that trailer Is quite good at representing the game actually, bar the last scene with the sacrifice.
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-19, 10:54   #23085
Chamayoo
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Rutland View Post
I think that trailer Is quite good at representing the game actually, bar the last scene with the sacrifice.
It even had elements of gameplay in it, the very first to do that haha.

Btw I'm glad we're back on topic because the discussion was quite unhealthy tbh

Last edited by Chamayoo; 15-03-19 at 10:57.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-19, 11:14   #23086
Hazelphoenix
Professor

Has it really been one year since the first announcement trailer already? Feels like it was yesterday.

I just want to give Eidos Montreal a big shoutout. Tribal outfits and outfit restriction aside, theyíve really done a great job on Shadow, those are just minor complaints with very little relevance compared to what they actually achieved. They cared enough about the fandom as a whole, not just the reboot demographic, to address one of the most recurring complaints in the history of this franchise: white paint. They didnít have to, they CHOSE to. It may seem nothing but I actually value their decision a whole lot, especially because they mentioned how hard it actually was to implement this feature.

Also, they cared enough to provide us the best tombs, atmosphere and challenges since the classic era. It can be improved upon further to add even more difficulty, sure, but for a modern game that necessarily needs to cater to the GP and not just hardcore fans, they balanced it out pretty well in my book.

Last but not least, they brought back a small portion of disillusioned fans that were no longer invested in this saga. The biggest achievement probably, considering how this fandom can be demanding and entitled at times LOL (me included of course).

Donít be fooled by the lack of duals and more classic references. This wasnít on them.

Hazelphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-19, 11:26   #23087
Aikon
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Rutland View Post
I meant the atmosphere though. For example, I feel like the sense of rush and overall the dark tone of the trailer is completely missing in the game!
Aikon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-19, 11:27   #23088
johnanonymouz
Professor

Happy Reveal Anniversary! I still remember sweating while I was waiting for this to drop. I want to thank EM for all their hard work. They really took feedback seriously and delivered Tomb Raider better than it has been for a very long time. Thank you for the amazing experience. Can't wait to see what comes next!

ps. the reveal trailer was amazing and lara looked incredible
Old 15-03-19, 11:48   #23089
iWANEX
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelphoenix View Post
Has it really been one year since the first announcement trailer already? Feels like it was yesterday.

I just want to give Eidos Montreal a big shoutout. Tribal outfits and outfit restriction aside, theyíve really done a great job on Shadow, those are just minor complaints with very little relevance compared to what they actually achieved. They cared enough about the fandom as a whole, not just the reboot demographic, to address one of the most recurring complaints in the history of this franchise: white paint. They didnít have to, they CHOSE to. It may seem nothing but I actually value their decision a whole lot, especially because they mentioned how hard it actually was to implement this feature.

Also, they cared enough to provide us the best tombs, atmosphere and challenges since the classic era. It can be improved upon further to add even more difficulty, sure, but for a modern game that necessarily needs to cater to the GP and not just hardcore fans, they balanced it out pretty well in my book.

Last but not least, they brought back a small portion of disillusioned fans that were no longer invested in this saga. The biggest achievement probably, considering how this fandom can be demanding and entitled at times LOL (me included of course).

Donít be fooled by the lack of duals and more classic references. This wasnít on them.

Very well said, Hazel. Itís a shame the game was so underappreciated, specially around here.
iWANEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-19, 13:25   #23090
Scilli
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWANEX View Post
Very well said, Hazel. It’s a shame the game was so underappreciated, specially around here.
Very well said, Hazel. ̶it̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶h̶̶a̶̶m̶̶e̶ the game was so underappreciated, ̶s̶̶p̶̶e̶̶c̶̶i̶̶a̶̶l̶̶l̶̶y̶ around here.

Fixed it for you

When i browse the web i couldnt find a place that is as harsh towards this franchise as this forum. Most of the time people like it.

Thats just my personal observation.

PS: And i just realized thats basically what you said anyway. Im feeling dumb now.

Last edited by Scilli; 15-03-19 at 13:43.
Scilli is offline   Reply With Quote