www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 13-03-19, 17:20   #1
samlex
Hobbyist

Default Paititi's boat dock

I assume the boat dock is how Jonah got to Paititi. It's not clear when he was separated from Abby, but I assume Abby knew how to get to Paititi using a boat, since Jonah would not have known on his own. The boat dock is how both Jonah and Lara leave, and I assume it's how she returns to Paititi after San Juan (Jonah doesn't return until the end of the game). I would also assume that Moreakah uses the boat dock to leave and return to Paititi.

So similar to prior Tomb Raiders, Lara manages to take the most difficult path to get to the next location in the game, while her friends are able to take an easy path.

Wouldn't outsiders traveling in a boat find Paititi since it's apparently close to San Juan (and the oil field)?

Last edited by samlex; 14-03-19 at 05:33.
samlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-19, 17:27   #2
Robwood
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by samlex View Post
Wouldn't outsiders traveling in a boat find Paititi since it's apparently close to San Juan (and the oil field)?
Realistically, yes. In a video game, however, no.
Old 13-03-19, 21:12   #3
samlex
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by samlex View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robwood View Post
Realistically, yes. In a video game, however, no.
Except that Abby mentions that she and Jonah will get to Paititi a different way than Lara does (when a barrier separates Lara from Abby and Jonah), while in the ruins at Kuwak Yaqu. So that is at least one outsider (Abby) that knows how to get to Paititi.
Old 13-03-19, 21:20   #4
Robwood
Archaeologist

Yes, but Abby doesn't represent all outsiders.
Old 13-03-19, 21:26   #5
xspacedude
Archaeologist

Jonah was captured when he got there, Lara was captured too. You can just assume Jonah told Abby to go back to Kuwaq Yaku or maybe Abby told Jonah to go alone. We donít know if abby knows about Paititi, she knew a different path to the direction Lara was going and took Jonah there.
xspacedude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-19, 05:27   #6
samlex
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by xspacedude View Post
Jonah was captured when he got there, Lara was captured too. You can just assume Jonah told Abby to go back to Kuwaq Yaku or maybe Abby told Jonah to go alone. We don’t know if Abby knows about Paititi, she knew a different path to the direction Lara was going and took Jonah there.
Well the path that Lara take leads to Quipo camp, then a one time swing path to reach the outskirts of Paititi. That wouldn't be the path that Jonah took. There could be some other path only known by Abby at the time, who told Jonah, but traveling to the boat dock makes the most sense, as the boat was how Jonah and Lara were planning to go back to Kuwaq Yaku. Eventually they meet up with Abby since she drives them to San Juan.

As for my comment about being similar to prior Tomb Raiders, one example was in TR2013, where at Summit Forest, Lara's friends stated they were going to the beach, while Lara's path to the beach was difficult.

Last edited by samlex; 14-03-19 at 05:34.
Old 14-03-19, 08:41   #7
FreakRaider
Professor

sorry but abby was so freaking uninteresting and irrelevant, i kinda hoped she died in the end

also the boat dock is in the game and you can get there with cheats
FreakRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-19, 12:51   #8
Robwood
Archaeologist

The only part of the boat dock I don't get is how the rebels are able to use it in the first place--it's right beside the Temple of Kukulkan and you have to go through the upper district in order to reach the dock.
Old 15-03-19, 01:59   #9
samlex
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robwood View Post
The only part of the boat dock I don't get is how the rebels are able to use it in the first place--it's right beside the Temple of Kukulkan and you have to go through the upper district in order to reach the dock.
I don't know if the rebels used the dock. At skull cave, the plan was for Lara to sneak in while the rebels would take an alternate path which might include a battle if it was the main path. Somehow a few of the rebels show up in the boat dock area just before Lara and Johan take the boat, and I'm guessing some alternate and hidden path, since it appears that nothing has changed in the upper city if Lara visits it after returning from San Juan.

Also a soldier manages to get into the upper level of the emperor's tomb, so that would require another pathway, since it's doubtful the soldier could use the same path that Lara took to get up there.

Moreakah appears in both the lower and upper city, which is why she could also be using the boat dock in order to travel to the other areas. Side note, if you thought Lara's backpack could hold a lot of stuff, what about all the merchandise that Moreakah is holding?

Last edited by samlex; 15-03-19 at 02:05.
Old 15-03-19, 12:42   #10
Robwood
Archaeologist

When Lara and Jonah return to Paititi, Uchu is working at the dock. Yes, the rebels use it.