Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 15-03-19, 10:31   #121
KennyC222

I think at least 2020 e3, as each new TR game needs 2 - 3 years for development
KennyC222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-19, 13:51   #122
FanosCroft
Professor

I hope 2020 announcement with 2022 spring release along with a sequel for the movie later that year.
Old 15-03-19, 16:32   #123
Sanglyph
Historian

Crazy thought but what if they're cooperating with whoever is creating a potential movie sequel? The TR movie ended somewhat in the same vein as the current state of the game series with both movie Lara and reboot Lara having "become the Tomb Raider".

Shadow's wrap-up of Trinity was handled in the messiest way possible and the movie sequel would likely deal with Lara taking down Trinity so maybe if you put the two universes together, you could come to a satisfactory conclusion.

It's unrealistic because it's made clear that Lara has put her family and Trinity behind her in Shadow and that she's ready to move on but I can't help but think that the movie handled that storyline so much better than the three games combined so I'd love it if they took a leaf out of the movie's book for the next game.
Old 16-03-19, 01:58   #124
Gemma Darkmoon
Student

I think 2021 might be the announcement as that marks the 25th Anniversary of TR. I'm sure there will be something TR game related. Probably the announcement though as the game might not be ready by then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athukraz View Post
You clearly have no idea how many proud men there are out there who think playing as a woman sucks and makes them feel weak
Amongst my male friends they all want to play as the female characters but that is much more obvious when the character is sexy. Like Street Fighter where all the guys seem to want to be Chun-li all the time. I think is kind of weird as current trends try to make it seem shallow and so now guys will say they select the man even though they want to play as the sexy girl. It's just in the current climate it's less cool to say that.
Gemma Darkmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-19, 09:13   #125
Chamayoo
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanosCroft View Post
I hope 2020 announcement with 2022 spring release along with a sequel for the movie later that year.
Tbh, I hope the movie sequel will be released before the next game to help to wait.

Ideally for me :

Reboot movie 2 : 2020
Remake/remasters : 2021
New main game : late 2022 / early 2023

Last edited by Chamayoo; 16-03-19 at 09:16.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-19, 09:32   #126
RAID
Tomb Raider

Probably end of this gen and it will most definitely be cross-gen. Then, the following 2 parts of the new trilogy will be next-gen.
Old 16-03-19, 09:40   #127
Chamayoo
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAID View Post
Probably end of this gen and it will most definitely be cross-gen. Then, the following 2 parts of the new trilogy will be next-gen.
Isn't the new gen remored to be in 2020/2021 ? With some announcements this year. Maybe Shadow will have some sort of Definitive Edition.
Old 16-03-19, 12:30   #128
Scilli
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
Isn't the new gen remored to be in 2020/2021 ? With some announcements this year. Maybe Shadow will have some sort of Definitive Edition.
It always takes time for games to sell on new platforms. Many stick to their old consoles and dont outright buy the newest tech.
As a developer you dont want to miss those numbers. That is why cross gen applies a lot longer even after the official release of those consoles.

Last edited by Scilli; 16-03-19 at 12:33.
Scilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-19, 12:40   #129
Ankh
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
I think that the reboot trilogy will get defnitive edition (maybe for for PS5 and Xbox Scarlett?) at some point... Square won't resist to sell the same game for the 2th or 3rd time. New gen consoles are rumored to appear in 2021 and it unfortunately matches with 25th anniversary, i'm afraid that reboot remasters might be our "gift" for 25th annversary -,-
Ankh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-19, 12:53   #130
FanosCroft
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankh View Post
I think that the reboot trilogy will get defnitive edition (maybe for for PS5 and Xbox Scarlett?) at some point... Square won't resist to sell the same game for the 2th or 3rd time. New gen consoles are rumored to appear in 2021 and it unfortunately matches with 25th anniversary, i'm afraid that reboot remasters might be our "gift" for 25th annversary -,-
RIP Classic TR fans