Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Underworld

Old 08-09-20, 18:56   #31
Greatest TR

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigo1993 View Post
Im sorry but that's an excuse that just doesn't fly. TRU is a 2008 game, when developers knew how to make the best out of the PS2 hardware. That gave us games such as Shadow of the Colossus, MGS3, God of war I and II, Bully, the Godfather, etc.
TRU looks worse than TRL and TRA. There's nothing that can justify a downgrade of the game's own trilogy in absolutely every sense (lack of enemies, areas cut out, the bad image quality that made it all look totally washed out, etc). That port is an abomination that should never have existed, and I'm saying that as someone who actually really likes playing TRU (on the PC)
Well it is what it is, if Crystal Dymanic was exclusive to Sony for the PS2 hardware, story might be different.

You are right, heck Sony exclusive Motorstorm game 2006 (launch title)for the PS3 looks great and yet they made another motorstorm game exclusive for the PS2 release in 2009 and looks fantastic for PS2 hardware.
Greatest TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-20, 15:27   #32
michaeldt

I always thought that the Wii and PS2 versions of TRU would've benefited more if they were built on the Legend/Anniversary engine and basically re-tinkered the whole game for that framework.
michaeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-20, 19:14   #33
Bridge
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldt View Post
I always thought that the Wii and PS2 versions of TRU would've benefited more if they were built on the Legend/Anniversary engine and basically re-tinkered the whole game for that framework.
That's strange, I thought they already were. Did they really downsize the Underworld engine just for this?
Bridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-20, 22:31   #34
Kapu

PS2 TRU was almost certainly built on the same engine as TRL/A, just tweaked. Likewise, the next gen titles were also built on the foundation of the TRL/A engine. The engine has little to do with it, the problem is that last gen TRU was a minimum effort project.

Take Rise for 360 as a comparison. Another TR game back ported to last gen, but with time and resources (i.e. MONEY) put into it.

It's about as good looking as TR2013 was on the 360; better in some places, worse in others. TRU on PS2 is worse looking than TRA in every way possible.
Kapu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-20, 23:05   #35
LuckyEdge10

All TR games developed by Crystal Dynamics were always built with the same engine (Foundation Engine, Legacy of Kain)
LuckyEdge10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-20, 20:45   #36
TRExpertgamer
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge View Post
That’s very cool to hear! You’re incredibly lucky.
Oh I'm so incredibly fortunate to get it all clear new in the condition of it. And the whole game plays it very properly I even love the concept that I get to see all the scenes in replaying the game in treasure hunt from cover to cover again for anytime which is the best part that I love about this game as well!! It's very great!!
TRExpertgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-20, 22:51   #37
BlueCake
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapu View Post
The 7th gen version of Rise could've looked even better on the PS3... Never quite understood why they didn't bother porting it over after the exclusivity deal was over.

Sometimes i feel like the 7th generation of consoles could've lasted a good two more years.
BlueCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-20, 00:40   #38
LuckyEdge10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCake View Post
The 7th gen version of Rise could've looked even better on the PS3...
Rise of the Tomb Raider has been specifically developed for Xbox 360 first. Nixxes has done a beautiful job to assure the game would have the best performance but very good quality graphics too. Porting it to PS3 would have been very hard since they would have had to downgrade a lot of stuff, not to mention PS3 is a very hard console to code for.
LuckyEdge10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-20, 03:23   #39
Bridge
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyEdge10 View Post
Rise of the Tomb Raider has been specifically developed for Xbox 360 first. Nixxes has done a beautiful job to assure the game would have the best performance but very good quality graphics too. Porting it to PS3 would have been very hard since they would have had to downgrade a lot of stuff, not to mention PS3 is a very hard console to code for.
Every day i'm reminded how much of a mistake I made getting a ps3 in 2011.
Bridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-20, 07:21   #40
SrDanielPonces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge View Post
Every day i'm reminded how much of a mistake I made getting a ps3 in 2011.
Girl I got a ps3 in 2015
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote