Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Fan and Community Showcase

Old 19-01-20, 23:48   #1
Tomb Raidering

Default Lara Crofts and their Challenge of Return: Croft Mania! {Fanfiction}

Chapter 1 ~ Prologue
Lady Croft of Thrilling Adventures was bored again. She didn’t know what to do. She pondered for a moment, “I’ve done so much in a short time. I wonder what’s next for me?” This was a genuine question, and truly one without a definite answer.

What was next for her? Raiding another tomb yet again? Stopping some bad guys from retrieving the McGuffin of death and all kinds of stuff? Marrying? She didn’t know, and she wanted to know. Sitting on the couch, she took out her PDA and turned it on. The first few words she wrote on the search bar was “How to find out what you’re going to do next?” The results were unsatisfying. “Is that it? Is that all you’ve got” mumbled Lara rather vexedly. She’d had roasted Zip and Alister by now, but unfortunately she was in a parallel universe that was way far from her world. She was alone, broken. And she was LAU Lara.

The reason she was so uninspired and so was because she had learnt a big secret. So big that it ruined her life. She had variants of herself! And they were named Classic and Reboot Laras. They had all been created by some divine entity and eventually, they got separated. Unknowing of each other, they lived their life with their most common hobby: Tomb Raiding! All of them loved Tomb Raiding! They had other things in common too, like owning a manor and being rich. But they were all rather unique. This big secret grew on LAU Lara. She didn’t know how to feel about it. She didn’t know what to do with it. Did she had to be happy about it? “So my life was controlled by this divine entity,” repeated Lara for the 1000th time. She continued, “My name is not even Lara, it’s LAU Lara. Why am I saying this out loud as if I’m trying to get this noticed by a narrator that’s telling my story?” After some time, she knew what she was going to do! She was going to somehow contact that divine entity and arrange a multiverse game where all of her variations were going to get united finally.

On a parallel universe far away, Reboot Lara got word of this news too, somehow. She was happy about it! “I’m finally not alone! Dad will be proud! I’ve found the reason for my life. Gotta tell this to Jonah!” blubbered Reboot Lara with uncontrollable feelings, mainly happiness. She had no idea of how she was going to get united with her ‘others’ but it was definitely worth a shot. “Jon-aa-AAA-HH, I’m HEE-ee-RR-rr” knocked Reboot Lara on Jonah’s door. She explained everything to him with its gritty-nitty. “Wow, must be super-duper cool to be you,” murmured Jonah. “After all I’ve sAA-aa-crificed, I have to stop and wonder, w-h-a-t w-i-l-l I become? A variation of Lara Croft? Or the Tomb Raider that I’m d-e-s-t-i-n-e-d to be? I have n-o idea, and I have n-o intention to think about it.” replied Reboot Lara. Jonah made a gesture indicating that he understood, but the reality was that he didn’t. He didn’t understand what Lara was telling to him. He just liked her and acted along to please her. Because a life without Reboot Lara is undramatic. And drama is the one that pleases all. After some more meaningless talking, Lara left Jonah‘s flat sure of herself. She was going to be the best out of the variants and she was going to prove this. “I am Destined Lara, and I’ll make my own destiny. Not Classic or LAU Lara, just me!” was Destined Lara’s last words on the path home.

Classic Lara? She didn’t care. She knew this since the beginning. And she seeked the support of TRF members. She wasn’t going to let some imposters take her throne. She was the queen after all ~ thought she, when the divine entity came in and said something that changed her life forever!

More on demand. How did you find it so far?

Last edited by Tomb Raidering; 27-01-20 at 23:41.
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-20, 00:44   #2
BlueCake
Inactive

Haha, nice.
I kinda always wanted to see a game where the 3 Laras get stranded together in an universe/time travelling adventure.
BlueCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-20, 18:50   #3
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

Interesting, making a story that's out of the box. Well done
That's the kind of stuff I like, and the fact you wrote it well.

The main thing about writing is not just the story, but you also have to grab your audience and make them want more.

Cheers Chi
The Great Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-20, 19:19   #4
MissJodieG

I loved it, it was such a nice read. I‘m always here for some good satire so please continue this story, I‘ll give you feedback whenever I can!
MissJodieG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-20, 19:55   #5
Lyle Croft

Found it. It is fun.
Lyle Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-20, 20:40   #6
Tomb Raidering

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCake View Post
Haha, nice.
I kinda always wanted to see a game where the 3 Laras get stranded together in an universe/time travelling adventure.
Oh, it may happen some time in the future! Now? Who knows...
What would Classic Lara do if she gets stuck with two drama queens?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Chi View Post
Interesting, making a story that's out of the box. Well done That's the kind of stuff I like, and the fact you wrote it well. The main thing about writing is not just the story, but you also have to grab your audience and make them want more. Cheers Chi
I’ll take that as a compliment. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissJodieG View Post
I loved it, it was such a nice read. I‘m always here for some good satire so please continue this story, I‘ll give you feedback whenever I can!
Thank you very much! So here comes another one.....

Chapter 2 ~ The War of Light
“Who are you” questioned Classic Lara. “I am you, with the flaws removed,” replied back the divine entity, a marvelous creation itself, The Queen of Doppelgangers. “If that was just your way of trying the doors for me,” remarked Lara with a sassy attitude. The message she was trying to give of was obvious: There’s the door. But The Queen of Doppelgangers didn’t understand this, and she stayed shook for a moment.

“Anyway,” she started speaking, “I’ve come from somewhere, where once great wars raged upon, namely The War of Light. During the time of these great wars, Light was very beloved. It fed trees, flowers, animals. It lit the ways of those who were lost. It helped the weak-sighted in the dark. But people began fighting over it, they were becoming jealous. And so got born Darkness. Darkness swallowed everything, it took away everything you’d imagine: Hopes, Dreams, Mercy, Love and replaced it with Jealousy, Schemes, Negativity, Hatred. It literally penetrated the cracked hearts of indifferent people. And so did they turn into the Fallen Ones. But of course, not everyone did have a cracked heart ready to let in the Darkness. These people got turned into entities called The Guardians of Light. And to spread the Light that already was endangered, they reproduced it. Three little Lights of Great Power sparkled in the vast emptiness of Darkness. It healed the Fallen Ones, at least to some extent. And that was so how The War of Light ended. However, The General of the Fallen Ones wasn’t pleased. He got so enraged that he vowed to destroy these three little Lights of Great Power. Those Lights, my dear, are you and your two other variations. You all got scattered away from each other, and this was done intentionally by The Guardians of Light to protect you.” Not sure of Lara’s current state, The Queen of Doppelgangers asked, “Are you OK, Lara? Any questions?” Just as Lara was going to answer, she added, “But I’ve forgot my manners. I’m The Queen of Doppelgangers, but you can call me the LAU Doppelganger for short.”

— “Alright, enough of your little rant already! What do you want,” demanded Lara.
— “Err, what?,” the LAU Doppelganger was shocked!
— “I hate when people play the dumb,” snarked Lara angrily.
— “I need you to unite with your ‘other variants’ in order to defeat the General of the Fallen Ones for good,” explained the LAU Doppelganger.
— “Right. Sounds like fun! Just don’t touch my throne. I’m a cultural pop icon! My fellow fans from TRF would surely not approve!”

The LAU Doppelganger left off to warn the other two Laras. After Classic Lara’s unnaturally OK reaction to this revelation, she was positive that the other Laras would understand too. But the question was: Who was next? Reboot Lara or LAU Lara? She changed her mind: “I’ll leave the rest of the talking to my variants. Or should I? Well, I need to rest first,” said she and stopped at the nearest cafe to drink her favorite coffee, espresso...

Last edited by Tomb Raidering; 24-03-20 at 13:31.
Old 20-01-20, 21:50   #7
MissJodieG

Another great and especially funny chapter!
Old 21-01-20, 14:41   #8
Athukraz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCake View Post
Haha, nice.
Tbh same

This is funny. I imagine reboot Lara going on like I AM THE BETTER LAWRA ITS WHO IM DESTINED TO BE and then lau lara and classic lara are just sitting there unimpressed
Athukraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-20, 14:45   #9
Tomb Raidering

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissJodieG View Post
Another great and especially funny chapter!
*AoD Lara voice* Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athukraz View Post
Tbh same This is funny. I imagine reboot Lara going on like I AM THE BETTER LAWRA ITS WHO IM DESTINED TO BE and then lau lara and classic lara are just sitting there unimpressed
Thank you too, Athukraz! That’s surely Destined Lara’s motivation from now on...

Chapter 3 ~ The Queen of Doppelgangers
“Ah, this is the life!” The LAU Doppelganger sipped her coffee. Was she genuine with her intentions? Did she really return to help the all 3 Laras? Or did she return to take her long-awaited revenge from LAU Lara? After all, LAU Lara threw her into lava and joked about it boldly -
“Talk about being your own worst enemy!”

Then there’s the fight between her and Lara in Amanda’s now-sunken ship. Lara ruthlessly wielded the Mjolnir against her! How was she going to forget all of this?! She thought about these ever since she got free will. After gaining her own will, she searched her past. And found out that she was The Queen of Doppelgangers, a title honored to her by her symbolic father; The General of the Fallen Ones. She was on the Dark Side after all. And she wanted revenge!

Taking out her phone, she rang the Reboot Doppelganger. “Would do you do me a favor and reveal the revelation to your Lara?” ~ “You mean Reboot Lara? Why, of course. That naïve girl is mine to deal with. She nearly believes everything that’s thrown at her!” Both of them laughed out loud wickedly.

Meanwhile, LAU Lara was trying to find Classic Lara. She was in her universe already. And she felt alone. Her headset didn’t get any signal, so she didn’t get to banter with neither Zip nor Alister for 2 days! 2 days! “It better be worth it, after all,” thought she. Her plan was to find Classic Lara to team up and search for the divine entity. Little did she know, the divine entity was the LAU Doppelganger, her arch-nemesis!

After some confusion on making sense from the address, she finally found Classic Lara’s manor! “Hmmm, not better than mine at any cost. Good!” commented LAU Lara and rang the bell. But wait a minute! Peculiar sounds came from the other side of the door! Was that the clanging of teapots and cups?! The door opened, revealing Classic Winston. “Miss Croft? You look so different! And weren’t you inside minutes ago? I recall you making a plan to lock me inside the freezer, again!” - Winston rolled his eyes.

“I’m sorry, I think you mixed me up with someone else,” LAU Lara was calm and collected. “So she’s similar-looking to me?” thought she. These inner-thoughts were growing and growing. She was likely to get a psychological illness at the end. But she had to keep going.

— “Come in,” said a familiar voice, “I’ve been expecting you.”
— “You did?” replied LAU Lara, startled.
— “If that’s the phrase...” Classic Lara rolled her eyes.....

Last edited by Tomb Raidering; 24-03-20 at 13:36.
Old 21-01-20, 16:00   #10
MissJodieG

Another great chapter! I can‘t wait for all three Laras to come together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athukraz View Post
This is funny. I imagine reboot Lara going on like I AM THE BETTER LAWRA ITS WHO IM DESTINED TO BE and then lau lara and classic lara are just sitting there unimpressed
Haha, somehow I feel like Reboot Lara would be the most modest of the bunch.