Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 22-06-21, 16:12   #111
Jathom95

I suppose if we absolutely can't figure out what's going on right now, that would probably be best to at least get him able to play. Ideally though, I'd like to figure out why this is happening in case it happens to someone else, so we can know how to help them.
Jathom95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-21, 16:49   #112
_Seth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jathom95 View Post
No luck there either, huh? This one sure is tricky. I can't understand why it's improperly scaling the UI on just your setup. Usually if it's a problem like that it would be something with the program itself. The only note Nakamichi made about exe's that were unsupported was the Japanese release specifically, everything else should be fair game.

Still looking into it.

Edit: Try this. Try a completely vanilla version of Sasho's patch without any of the modifications made by Rescued. (Such as the hop fix) Here's a link.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Al8fYvUULfvvvBZs...s-en?e=HebjbI/ (Should download automatically)

I know it's frustrating and probably feels like we're running around in circles here, but I'm wanting to make sure we're exhausting every possible scenario.
Thanks but it doesn't work, it really seems like an issue with the MP itself...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATombRaiderFan View Post
Since the multipatcher won't work for Seth, an alternative method would be to request the changes they want to see made to the exe file, and someone else on this thread could modify the exe and share it.
That would be cool. I don't often change my mind on what I'd like selected, but would need a breakdown on each option on all the screens and the options available.

But it's ok because I can live without it. XD

EDIT:

Fixed it.

I tried running cmd because it's a similar program and that would just flash up for a second and immediately disappear. I followed this video to fix that issue and it somehow worked for the nackamichi patch.

Last edited by _Seth; 22-06-21 at 17:10.
_Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-21, 18:31   #113
Jathom95

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post

EDIT:

Fixed it.

I tried running cmd because it's a similar program and that would just flash up for a second and immediately disappear. I followed this video to fix that issue and it somehow worked for the nackamichi patch.
Glad to hear it! So everything's good now, no issues at all with the MP otherwise?
Old 22-06-21, 19:07   #114
_Seth

Quote:
Glad to hear it! So everything's good now, no issues at all with the MP otherwise?
Everything fine so far.

Just such a shame the fundamental code is so weird/broken/unfinished. God this game desperately needs a remake.
Old 23-06-21, 18:25   #115
_Seth

Quote:
Originally Posted by reborninshadow View Post
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Al8fYvUULfvvvBZs...s-en?e=HebjbI/

Here is a non tank control version with camera controls but this is still a bit buggy compared to the ps2 one. Use the 2019 version.
This is great; just trying now! How do I get the camera to move, though?

EDIT:

Kinda figured it out with J2K but it's very imperfect. I believe I'll stick with tank.

Last edited by _Seth; 23-06-21 at 18:49.
Old 23-06-21, 19:01   #116
reborninshadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
This is great; just trying now! How do I get the camera to move, though?

EDIT:

Kinda figured it out with J2K but it's very imperfect. I believe I'll stick with tank.
I didn't need any additional programs when I tried it, it recognized my controller and the right stick would move the camera.
reborninshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-21, 01:45   #117
Jathom95

We've seriously got to find a way to make that gun camera fix a viable way to play, either Sasho mapping the swap targets key to something else or whatever. I'm playing through the game with it now and I literally cannot go back to vanilla. It's too much of an improvement. Even without the fluidity of shooting while jumping or other stuff like that, it improves the experience exponentially.
Old 25-06-21, 18:29   #118
Jathom95

By the way, thanks for mentioning that small hop fix TRJTA so that LateRaider could implement it here. I actually got through The Breath of Hades last night in one go, I've never been able to do that before this fix.

Last edited by Jathom95; 25-06-21 at 18:33.
Old 25-06-21, 20:04   #119
TRJTA

Quote:
By the way, thanks for mentioning that small hop fix TRJTA so that LateRaider could implement it here. I actually got through The Breath of Hades last night in one go, I've never been able to do that before this fix.
Yes it's such an amazing and essential fix. You're very welcome!
TRJTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-21, 10:46   #120
aaronprole

Hi! I have a problem. after pasting everything in its right areas, this error has come up when i load the game. Anyone else had this problem?

https://imgur.com/Ovzn1V9 (image to error message)

Last edited by aaronprole; 22-07-21 at 10:48.
aaronprole is offline   Reply With Quote