www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 10-05-19, 07:55   #11
b122251
Explorer

You could also cheat by adding uzis to the level with TRMOD.
b122251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-19, 12:08   #12
mizuno_suisei
Relic Hunter

Hey guys so - I've given jack! a try. Dumbfounded that I never came across it before, thought I'd downloaded everything.

I am having problems with TR1 bmps though actually. It saves as 8bit and after I edited the map and saved as the same bit, Jack! Says this is not a 256 colour bmp.

So I tried saving it as 256 via paint and the quality decreased dramatically. Then tried to save via irfanview but same result. None of them will reimport into jack!

Any ideas?
Old 12-05-19, 12:32   #13
Sardoc
Archaeologist

Ok. You can try exporting the transparency map first, then using a tool called TrTexture to save the bitmaps.

Edit them in any software you like, import in TrTexture, and copy over the texture page you modified.

The downside is that sometimes the transparency data changes slightly (so, some textures that aren't supposed to be transparent become transparent), but if you have the transparency data export, you can just import it again in Jack. You can also edit the original transparency file if you like. White colour is non-transparent, so you'll see quite a lot of it. Black is transparent.
Sardoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-19, 17:50   #14
Wooxman
Relic Hunter

I made it work in Unfinished Business but in TR I it replaced Lara's jumping sound instead. Is it maybe a different sound number than 35 in the base game? I'm using TOMBATI if that's important.

Last edited by Wooxman; 13-05-19 at 17:52.
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-19, 10:11   #15
mizuno_suisei
Relic Hunter

Thats strange - im..very certain all PC and PSX tub and phd files share the Uzi as 35 (as it's also hardcoded)

Could you download a program called Soundjack (google sound jack tomb raider). This will let you open your level files and listen to the samples live. I dunno if the samples start at 0 in sound jack but the Uzi will then be either 34 or 35. TRMOD edits have replaced 35 perfectly for me so far ��

Use Soundjack on an untouched level file and try to remember the ambience of clicking through each sound 1 2 3 4 etc..
Then use it to open the specific level file you're trying to edit and if it doesn't sound the same clicking through, your base phd samples have become messed up

Sardoc thankyou for your advice!
I've tried tr texture and it works great. However it's not as customizable as Tbuilder. Do you know what settings you might need to export from Tbuilder? The 8bit and 256colour options both end as a fail.

Last edited by mizuno_suisei; 14-05-19 at 10:12.
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-19, 15:43   #16
Wooxman
Relic Hunter

Yes, I know Soundjack and already checked the level files. But I thought that maybe it uses a different numbering. I checked again and sound No. 35 is the shimmy sound, which is weird since the replaced sound was the "Huh" jumping sound. I'll download the game on GOG and check the level files from there. Maybe TOMBATI messed something up when I installed it.

Edit:
For some reason the level files of the GOG version are in a different file format and the TOMBATI installer doesn't recognize it. I'm trying the Steam version now.

Edit 2:
So the Steam version doesn't have level files at all, but at least I could reinstall TOMBATI. Though same result: Sound No. 35 is the shimmying sound. I checked the others and sound No. 51 is the Uzi sound.

Edit 3:
I tried replacing sound No. 51 (according to Soundjack) and it replaced the Magnum sound. So it's sound No. 50, just in case that anyone else has this problem. But in Unfinished Business it's sound No. 35, like stated in the OP.

Edit 4:
So I checked every unmodified level with Soundjack and it turns out that the Uzi sound is:
No. 35 in cat.phd, egypt.phd, end.phd, end2.phd, level4.phd, level5.phd, level6.phd, level7a.phd, level7b.phd, level8a.phd, level8b.phd, level8c.phd, level10a.phd, level10b.phd, level10c.phd
No. 43 in level3a.phd and level3b.phd
No. 50 in level1.phd, level2.phd, level4.phd, level5.phd, level6.phd, level7a.phd, level7b.phd, level8a.phd

Last edited by Wooxman; 14-05-19 at 17:21.
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-19, 17:43   #17
Woops
Explorer

Steam does have level files they're just hidden
Woops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-19, 17:55   #18
Wooxman
Relic Hunter

Where? Are they packed in one of the files in the TOMBRAID folder?
Old 14-05-19, 20:25   #19
Woops
Explorer

Rename the "GAME.GOG" file to "GAME.iso" and you can mount it with Daemon tools and take the levels from there.
(Or just directly extract the files with ultra iso or a similar program. Any way you like handling disc images.)
Woops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-19, 21:43   #20
b122251
Explorer

Oh, buddy. The sample numbers trmod uses are not the same across levels. Rather, you need to get the sample number for the sound id. TRMOD has a command for that "getsamplenumber" if I remember. You need to enter that with the SoundID you want for the level you want, and then you can replace it with TRMOD.
(I really should make a better version of trmod)
b122251 is offline   Reply With Quote