www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 18-06-19, 13:36   #1731
Justicefor2615
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Rutland View Post
Are you the lady who was in several of Nathans livestream videos with blonde hair that got emotional when the classic theme played? If so, major respect to you

Thanks. The justice email inbox is a flowing x
Justicefor2615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-19, 10:59   #1732
Helegad
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
Again, I want to point out that backing a Kickstarter campaign is not, in fact, the same thing as buying a product. People need to rid themselves of that misconception.
A moot point because I bought my copy from the online store and so did many others. It's also naive to believe that someone who has been given hundreds of thousands of backer funds is stretched or unduly pressured to remake/rearrange pre-composed tunes and at least get the physical media into everyone's hands in a reasonable length of time.

It's been very well established by now that this is a business venture, first and foremost, not a hobby or a new invention.
Old 19-06-19, 11:10   #1733
Zebra
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helegad View Post
A moot point because I bought my copy from the online store and so did many others. It's also naive to believe that someone who has been given hundreds of thousands of backer funds is stretched or unduly pressured to remake/rearrange pre-composed tunes and at least get the physical media into everyone's hands in a reasonable length of time.

It's been very well established by now that this is a business venture, first and foremost, not a hobby or a new invention.
Fair enough. Most people in here talk about the Kickstarter campaign, not the shop, so I assumed you were, as well. Of course, not getting your goods after ordering them from the online shop is a different story.

I never claimed any such thing. It's just a common misconception among people that backing a project on Kickstarter is essentially the same as pre-ordering a product which is completely false. Whenever you back a Kickstarter project, you basically need to make peace with the idea that you might never end up getting your money's worth. That's not meant to be a defense of Nathan in any way, shape or form, nor is it meant to be an excuse for scammers to take advantage of people. I'm just saying that, if you're backing a crowdfunding campaign, you need to be mentally prepared for the possibility of ****ty things happening.
Old 19-06-19, 11:44   #1734
Helegad
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
It's just a common misconception among people that backing a project on Kickstarter is essentially the same as pre-ordering a product which is completely false. Whenever you back a Kickstarter project, you basically need to make peace with the idea that you might never end up getting your money's worth.
Like I said, this is not a hobby or a new invention. It boils down to an arrangement album of tunes that were already made a long time ago. If you're backing a new video game console with features up the ass that nobody has attempted before or some whimsical pseudo-science wristband that requires endless testing and studying and reporting then I might agree with you, but some music and a live show? Come on.
Old 19-06-19, 12:43   #1735
Zebra
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helegad View Post
Like I said, this is not a hobby or a new invention. It boils down to an arrangement album of tunes that were already made a long time ago. If you're backing a new video game console with features up the ass that nobody has attempted before or some whimsical pseudo-science wristband that requires endless testing and studying and reporting then I might agree with you, but some music and a live show? Come on.
I feel like you're misunderstanding my intentions. Like I said, I don't mean to defend anyone here. If you plan or manage a project like this poorly, that's on you, not on the backers and you should take responsibility for it. However, the very nature of Kickstarter is that you as a backer take a chance on something other people might not be willing to take a chance on. Thus, my advice to anyone who backs a Kickstarter campaign of any sort is to not view it as buying a product but as taking a chance on a project that will hopefully result in the desired product. It's just a way to help people decide if they really want to back a campaign and to keep their expectations in check. And sure, some projects come with greater risks than others. For example, fashion and accessory Kickstarters tend to be a lot safer than, say, video game Kickstarters. But even in those cases it's important to make that distinction between Kickstarter and an online shop.
Old 19-06-19, 21:34   #1736
Johnnay
Tomb Raider

Anyway

New Update

Dear Backers,

May I start by saying a big thank you to those of you who sent through positive comments and messages of support on my last update, they were very much appreciated. It has been a busy month but I’m happy to say that the project continues to move forward from strength to strength.

And so without any further ado I will move onto the project update.

VINYLS

The Vinyls as you know have now been ordered and although we did have some issues with damage to the lacquers sent through from Abbey Road to the pressing plant, we are now waiting for the test pressing which we have been told will be ready on 24th June. A little later than anticipated but it’s on its way nonetheless.

DELUXE TIN CDs

I am very happy to say that these have now finally been ordered. We are still waiting for a confirmed delivery date but as soon as I get that information I will pass it on to you all.

HI-RES DIGITAL DOWNLOAD

I am also very pleased to say we now have the Digital Download of the album available in 2 new formats – Hi-Res .Mp3 and FLAC. We will be sending you all an email with a free upgrade download link should you wish to upgrade your earlier copy, so keep your eye out for this in the next few days (we are just performing our final tests to make sure everything is working properly). Simply choose which format you would like and your download will begin. Please make sure you are on a stable, secure WiFi connection and please disable any Download Manager you may be running before downloading. If your download does not work for some reason, please message me directly on Kickstarter and we will deal with that. Details of how to send me a direct message are in the SHIPMENTS section further down in this update.

iPHONES

We have received these now from our Sponsor (thank you very much for those) and they will be posted out to the lucky winners by the end of this week.

COMPOSER BUFFET RECEPTION – SAN FRANCISCO

I have said it before and I’ll say it again, we are proceeding with this event, and now that all the other rewards are in production, we can focus on this fully and make it the special event we have promised.

DOCUMENTARY

This has been progressing very well. We are now only 2 weeks away from having our first full-length edit which will then undergo a review process before iterating on various sections. With a bit of luck, it should be a very entertaining and informative film.

CONCERTS

Interest has been steadily growing for our show. We still have the 2 shows in Australia pending. We are negotiating for 2 more shows in Dubai and Saudi Arabia. Also in negotiation is a show in Paris, Tenerife and a series of shows across North America, and another very special show which we will detail once we get confirmation on that. So it’s all looking very positive indeed.

SHIPMENTS

Of the nearly 3000 packages we have sent out, we have had about 30 either lost, stolen or damaged. This was to be expected and not a bad percentage in the grand scheme of things. I know some of you have not received your rewards yet, and this is either due to the fact that we are waiting for stock or we simply do not have your shipping address. Rest assured though that I have everything logged in our master spreadsheet and I will get to each and every one of you in time. Please continue to be patient – this is very much appreciated. If you do however feel the urge to nudge me please do so via a DIRECT MESSAGE on the Kickstarter website. You can do this by clicking on my name on the main project page...

...and then clicking on the blue CONTACT ME button. I will get to your message and resolve any issues you may have.

We have not demanded anyone to return damaged goods, but those of you that have out of the kindness of your hearts, thank you very much.

MY FATHER

As a final note, it is with great sadness that unfortunately my Father passed away just last week. He always believed in my ability as a composer and it was his life-time dream to see one of my works performed by a live concert orchestra. In December 2016 his life-time dream was fulfilled and the look on his face when I saw him in the VIP lounge after the show, said it all. He was also massively impressed with the recording we made at Abbey Road and I was very fortunate to be able to see him in hospital just 1 month before he died to deliver him his copy of The Tomb Raider Suite. I took a small ghettoblaster to his room in the hospital and we listened to the whole album together. He smiled the last smile I saw for the full 93 minutes. It was probably the most moving experience of my life to date, and for that I thank each and every one of you for helping me to create this album and to make his dream come true. Thank you.

Once again, thank you all for your continued support – we are on the home run now.

Kindest regards

Nathan.

Thank god for the hi res versions coming this week.. but I’m still waiting for his other remastered album ( the non orchestra version)
Old 20-06-19, 00:46   #1737
**LARA LOVER**
Archaeologist

Can someone give me a brief summary of what is actually going on? I don’t really understand I’m sorry
Old 20-06-19, 09:48   #1738
thewolf
Historian

Let me summarise it for you: One person started to rant about Nathan which is actually sad. A person which was apparently a member of the TR Suite team (No proof) This person wants now to help all those backers who didn't get their stuff, but I wonder how this person can help those backers if she's no longer part of the team. Almost everyone fell for it and now there's a huge discussion on this forum.
This should summarise it, I hope I could help you

The update which Johnnay posted is the only thing you can trust at the moment.
thewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-19, 10:26   #1739
Helegad
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewolf View Post
Let me summarise it for you: One person started to rant about Nathan which is actually sad. A person which was apparently a member of the TR Suite team (No proof) This person wants now to help all those backers who didn't get their stuff, but I wonder how this person can help those backers if she's no longer part of the team. Almost everyone fell for it and now there's a huge discussion on this forum.

Good lord
Old 20-06-19, 11:58   #1740
Zebra
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewolf View Post

We know that Tracie worked on the campaign. If someone pretending to be Tracie were behind this, then it'd stand to reason that the real Tracie would've come out to set the record straight by now. She hasn't so there's no reason to doubt that the person making the allegations really is Tracie. And from what I understand, she wants to help people get their stuff by putting more pressure on Nathan to be truthful with his backers by shining a spotlight on the situation.