www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 21-06-19, 09:58   #1741
Johnnay
Tomb Raider

Update

The Project

When we started the Kickstarter campaign, our policy was to not only record The Tomb Raider Suite to the highest standard possible, but to ensure that the quality of merchandise and all that we offered our backers exceeded expectations.

As a result, additional musicians were brought in, an additional 3-hour session at Abbey Road was booked, all the events were filmed to have material for a documentary; and no expense was spared to ensure the Hatfield House event was an unmitigated success.

And where additional monies were required to ensure the highest quality was maintained throughout, we used both our own personal investment and the ingenuity of the people working on the project. As a result, we were able, and continue to be able, to deliver our pledge to you.

There have been considerable regrettable delays in forwarding your merchandise but this has never been because we ran out of money. Usually the delays have been caused by compliance processes which we did not know or simply because we didn’t have the manpower to move them forward any faster. The important thing to mention here is that at no point was there going to be a problem fulfilling your pledges, and as mentioned in my last update we have placed the orders on our last remaining products and are now waiting for delivery of those.

We promised you all these rewards and you will all receive them.

As for problems with postage, of the nearly 3000 packages we have sent out we have had about 30 lost, stolen or damaged. We have honoured every single item that has been reported to us damaged or missing with a new replacement. We asked if the damaged items could be returned to us, but never demanded that as a requirement to receive the replacement. The fact that only 1% of the postage was problematic is more a testimony to the excellent quality of the Royal Mail than a criticism of us. If anyone has a damaged item or has not received a reward which they should have done, then please contact me directly on the Kickstarter website, as detailed in my last update, and we will do our best to resolve that for you as quickly as we can.

Finally, we have every intention of mounting the composer buffet at the Legion of Honor in San Francisco and have reconfirmed that with them only yesterday. We will be looking at possible dates in a few months and will let everyone know when tickets will be made available.

A Response – Tracie-Anne Swift

This entire situation has been a personal attack on me and the so-called problems with the handling of the Kickstarter project has been a pretext.

Tracie-Anne was a volunteer who was invaluable in helping us with both the Kickstarter campaign and the Hatfield House Composer Buffet Reception. But, as sometimes happens unfortunately in these situations, for personal reasons we fell out.

As the saying goes, “if you never heal from what hurt you, you’ll bleed on people who didn’t cut you.” I can only apologise to you, our backers, that this situation was not resolved privately.

I should stress that Tracie-Anne has not been part of this project for over a year and has no idea of the current operation of The Tomb Raider Suite. As of this update we have decided to refund Tracie-Anne, not because we want to silence her, but because she was a backer, not a supporter. [See Update 73 – “ALL GOOD THINGS IN LIFE... (Part 2)”]. If you want to read her comment it remains in the main comments section.

To close

As consistent with my previous updates, we are spending the minimum possible time engaging with negative, subversive actions, comments and ‘contributions’ to this campaign. This will be my only update in response to this matter.

Since Tracie-Anne left the project we have completed the pledges for the Digital Download, the first T-shirt run, the Jewel Case CDs, the Acrylic Logos and all paper products. We currently have the Deluxe Tin CDs and Vinyl Records on order. Our focus is now on the San Francisco Composer Buffet Reception and completing the remaining T-shirt orders. The Tomb Raider Suite is in the best possible place since we started the project and I am very proud of what we have delivered so far.

Our focus remains and has always been on fulfilling our commitments to you and that continues unabated despite any claims or accusations to the contrary.

Sincerely

Nathan.

Last edited by Johnnay; 21-06-19 at 10:04.
Johnnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-19, 21:21   #1742
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewolf View Post
Let me summarise it for you: One person started to rant about Nathan which is actually sad. A person which was apparently a member of the TR Suite team (No proof) This person wants now to help all those backers who didn't get their stuff, but I wonder how this person can help those backers if she's no longer part of the team. Almost everyone fell for it and now there's a huge discussion on this forum.
This should summarise it, I hope I could help you

The update which Johnnay posted is the only thing you can trust at the moment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlr online View Post
Tracie has supplied data relating to her claims on this forum. Thank you, I have restored your links. I understand Nathan will be in touch with me in due course. I'm very happy Crystal Dynamics have responded and I refer to them for further updates.

I ask you all to post respectfully and as objectively as possible.

Old 22-06-19, 09:09   #1743
Caesum
Tomb Raider

So long story short, a person created a thread raising concerns about quality of service at TRS Project, all people jumped at her thinking she's writing bull**** and now it turns out she was saying the truth all that time and gave Justin proof that he accepted as legitimate?

TRF drama at its highest~
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-19, 09:15   #1744
Dustie
Relic Hunter

Pretty much, yeah
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-19, 09:30   #1745
Caesum
Tomb Raider

Oh and yet some of the people are still in denial from what I can see, incredible
Old 22-06-19, 10:58   #1746
pr0ton
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
So long story short, a person created a thread raising concerns about quality of service at TRS Project, all people jumped at her thinking she's writing bull**** and now it turns out she was saying the truth all that time and gave Justin proof that he accepted as legitimate?

TRF drama at its highest~
The admin received data, but is not gonna put a legitimate stamp on this 'data'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlr online View Post
Hi all.

I'll start by saying I am not qualified to pass any kind of judgement here, nor am I going to give my opinion.

Full transparency as follows.

Tracie has supplied data relating to her claims on this forum. Thank you, I have restored your links. I understand Nathan will be in touch with me in due course. I'm very happy Crystal Dynamics have responded and I refer to them for further updates.

I ask you all to post respectfully and as objectively as possible.
TRF interpretation at its highest~
pr0ton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-19, 12:09   #1747
Caesum
Tomb Raider

So full transparency is basically dangling a carrot in front of everyone's noses saying "nanana I have it but you won't get it"?
Old 22-06-19, 12:17   #1748
pr0ton
Hobbyist

This bunny is really hungry, but my carrot is waiting at CD for now.
pr0ton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-19, 12:27   #1749
Mickybyrne20
Professor

This whole situation regarding TRS is quite frankly way too messy.

I don't like how everyone is picking sides without knowing half the crap that's going on, and believe the OP without any substantial evidence. This is clearly a personal attack first and foremost, then about the mishandling of the project second.
Old 22-06-19, 12:31   #1750
ggctuk
Relic Hunter

If that continues leaking into this thread I can see Justin shutting this one too.

Leave it be in the other thread. It's being looked into. That should be enough for everybody.