www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 30-04-19, 22:56   #121
JsotoTRSaga
Relic Hunter

I understand the discontent over the general lack of news but we have to relax. Let's wait at least one more week before we start speculating why they are so silent. Tomorrow begins May, time goes by really fast anyway.
Old 30-04-19, 23:17   #122
SoraSakai

All they have to do is be transparent.

I’m so sick of Morrigan responding to stuff with vague answers or memes. Just say what’s up. Here, I’ll give an example:

“Hey guys, no it’s not going to be Croft Manor. It’s an extra tomb we’ve been working on but you’re going to love it. We’re hoping to include a modern recreation of a well known outfit, we’ll leave that part as a surprise.”

Or

“Hey guys! It’s not a tomb, it’s actually shaping up to be an explorable Croft manor section. There’s no story or mission at Croft manor, but rather just a nice interactive level you can stroll around in and practice some of Lara’s jumps and diving. Think of it as a relaxed training hub. All outfits can be worn in this level too.”

OR

“Hey guys! The 8th slot was actually an error when previously updating the games files. We wholeheartedly apologize for raising your hopes and expectations towards something we cannot deliver. While there is no actual 8th tomb , we are happy to announce the removal of outfit restrictions in Paititi. With the exception of a few select story missions, any and all outfits can be used within the forbidden city. We’re also happy to reveal a modern recreation of Lara’s Tomb Raider outfit. Complete with shorts and a stylish optional braided hairstyle. Have fun!”

That’s it. That’s all they have to do. None of this, “I’m a sneaky lizard.” Or “You’ll have to wait and see” vague-ness. Just be straight up and honest. It’s impossible to please everyone but the sooner the truth is out there, the better.
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-19, 23:20   #123
Robwood
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsotoTRSaga View Post
Let's wait at least one more week before we start speculating why they are so silent.
Shh! You'll draw the attention of charmedangelin!
Old 01-05-19, 01:00   #124
scremanie
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robwood View Post
How?

Bully for you. That doesn't detract from their suspicious behavior. I've already explained in another post that if the extra slot turns out to be a mistake and they haven't removed it one DLC cycle in, then if it turns out to be nothing or scrapped it will hinder them from receiving future money.

My memory isn't poor. Regardless of anyone's view on the matter, since the video game industry wants to involve their customers in the development process, then they need to keep their customers informed.
Thatís a screenshot of a menu. Thereís no information, news, or details regarding what that is. We werenít expecting it, nor told anything about it. They clearly put it up there as a surprise for us and to let us build excitement for something to come in the future. They gave us no concrete information about it, literally just words in a menu, so people acting as if they owe us an announcement or anything at all right now need to relax.

Suspicious behaviour? What? Them delivering exactly what they advertised, then leaving something extra up for us to wait for? Thatís not suspicious. Thatís called marketing.
Old 01-05-19, 01:25   #125
Robwood
Professor

*Sigh* I have nothing more to say on the matter than this other than to reply...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scremanie View Post
There’s no information, news, or details regarding what that is....They gave us no concrete information about it...just words in a menu...
Come on! You're almost there!

Last edited by Robwood; 01-05-19 at 01:38.
Robwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-19, 02:17   #126
scremanie
Tomb Raider

There? You mean the jumping-to-conclusions train? I’m comfortable waiting for the next one, thanks.

For the sake of understanding, let’s put this in a scenario. If you went to a restaurant and ordered a meal off the menu that was stated as “A burger & fries”, then when you got the meal they surprised you with a drink on the side, are you going to complain that they didn’t tell you about the drink at the start? No. You accept it, and enjoy it.

Last edited by scremanie; 01-05-19 at 02:24.
scremanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-19, 02:22   #127
Robwood
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by scremanie View Post
There? You mean the jumping-to-conclusions train?
No.
Old 01-05-19, 02:45   #128
laracroftswest
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
That’s it. That’s all they have to do. None of this, “I’m a sneaky lizard.” Or “You’ll have to wait and see” vague-ness. Just be straight up and honest.
Orrrr teasing actually builds hype. If she/EM said nothing about it people would be mad and likely assume it's an error. If she/EM said what it's going to be, people's expectations would likely grow to something it couldn't live up to, as per the norm here. In fact, if not for this forum, people would know nothing about the details behind the 8th slot, so...seek and ye shall find.

Also, she can't confirm or deny the outfit restriction with more than "working on it" as it's not a decision up to her, both technically and judgmentally. It's actually quite honest. If she stayed quiet on any of these "issues" fans would complain they're not being heard, as if they don't already do that.

Quote:
It’s impossible to please everyone but the sooner the truth is out there, the better.
You kind of answered your own argument. She has her way of communicating to the fans, and is probably restricted as to how much she can reveal at a time. She's not pulling all the strings at EM/CD or anything of the sort.

Truth of the matter is this is the most transparent they've been in years.
Old 01-05-19, 02:58   #129
SoraSakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by laracroftswest View Post
Orrrr teasing actually builds hype. If she/EM said nothing about it people would be mad and likely assume it's an error. If she/EM said what it's going to be, people's expectations would likely grow to something it couldn't live up to, as per the norm here. In fact, if not for this forum, people would know nothing about the details behind the 8th slot, so...seek and ye shall find.

Also, she can't confirm or deny the outfit restriction with more than "working on it" as it's not a decision up to her, both technically and judgmentally. It's actually quite honest. If she stayed quiet on any of these "issues" fans would complain they're not being heard, as if they don't already do that.

You kind of answered your own argument. She has her way of communicating to the fans, and is probably restricted as to how much she can reveal at a time. She's not pulling all the strings at EM/CD or anything of the sort.

Truth of the matter is this is the most transparent they've been in years.
I think you’ve misunderstood what I said.
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-19, 04:09   #130
Swiz19
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by laracroftswest View Post
Orrrr teasing actually builds hype

I mean, I know this is a trend that all developers do but does it actually work? I understand why they would be secretive about plot points, perhaps locations, etc. but outfits? Come on, I just don't buy it. Even if they announce what kind of outfit they were working on then go dark for a month or so, hype will be right back up there - even more than usual, once they show a picture of it. If it's another tribal outfit? Cool, I don't need to bother waiting around for it and can just move on until they do something else.

It's completely within their power to set expectations, yet they rather let us build up excitement over stupid things such as the Morrigan saying 'duality', then get disappointed when it never comes to fruition. Yeah, I'd rather they just straight up disappoint us and say 'we aren't going to do that' or 'yes, we are considering that'. Transparency - whether it disappoints us or excites us, is so much better than nothing at all. This forum and its ridiculous debates would be a lot better for it.

This isn't just a Tomb Raider issue, this is a lot of AAA games - mainly EA ones that I can think of. People would just like to know straight up if companies plan to continue support on a game, or whether it's done and dusted. If they do plan on continued support, what does it potentially look like? I don't think that's a whole lot to expect from paying consumers.

Last edited by Swiz19; 01-05-19 at 04:14.
Swiz19 is offline   Reply With Quote