Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 16-09-19, 21:35   #19321
Tombraider95

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrDanielPonces View Post
I had to darken all the textures
Damn. It's a shame Train levels haven't been given much love with things like TRNG. If we had some more abilities with creating the scenery there could be so really interesting levels made, there is a lack of them released at the moment. Could be a good idea for competition if it was more flexible.
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-19, 23:26   #19322
Baslakor

Shouldn't be too difficult though right? Make a screenshot of your textures in Tbuilder, adjust them all at the same time in Gimp/Photoshop and just reupload them?
Baslakor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-19, 06:25   #19323
Tombraider95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baslakor View Post
Shouldn't be too difficult though right? Make a screenshot of your textures in Tbuilder, adjust them all at the same time in Gimp/Photoshop and just reupload them?
But the tree textures would be from STRPX, which I'd have to export one by one as bmp. Wouldn't I have to change them to tga to open in tbuilder? Then screensshotting them together would only mean I'd have to make them all separate again to import back to STRPX?
Old 17-09-19, 07:46   #19324
Dustie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
But the tree textures would be from STRPX, which I'd have to export one by one as bmp. Wouldn't I have to change them to tga to open in tbuilder? Then screensshotting them together would only mean I'd have to make them all separate again to import back to STRPX?
You don't have to export texture by texture from StrPix, it has the option to export the whole texture page, so just group all the objects you need (and only those objects) in a separate WAD and open it in StrPix, you will be able to export all texture pages, modify the colors and reimport them back... At least that's how I always did it. If you can't mix the object textures too much (because of different shades, etc) then you can even just have a separate WAD for each object. I believe that's the most you can do for such batch modifications of object textures.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-19, 07:52   #19325
Tombraider95

Of course! I knew there had to be a way to do it quicker! I forgot you could export the whole page. Thanks
Old 17-09-19, 14:07   #19326
dinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
There is a limit.
Going over that limit will cause the infamous flarebug: no light on binoculars or flares. And even crashes as far as I know.

I just don't know what the exact limit is...
Hm.. Thanks, useful to know..
What about, instead, making the flame/smoke emitters bigger in size? Is it possible, maybe through scripting, or editing the texture?
I tried with this tutorial https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=211721 but the maximum size of the flame is still quite little. I wonder if it's possible to edit this size manually in other ways and directly on the sprites

Last edited by dinne; 17-09-19 at 14:54.
dinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-19, 14:38   #19327
Reggie

Sound issue.

Rollingball won't make any sounds.

Here's what I've tried so far:

Adding #s to the sounds.txt entry for 'boulder fall' then running .bat, then re-saving the wad, then reloading wad and recompiling the level (also restarted TE and repeated the process).

Readding the object from it's original wad in the hope it automatically adds the sound as it did when I first added the object.

Checking the TE catalogue to see if truebydefault is enabled. It already is.

No luck on any front so far. Any suggestions?
Reggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-19, 15:24   #19328
dinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
Sound issue.
As far as I know you can check if the Rollingball has the sound assigned...
Try to open WadMerger, and click on Sound Manager. Scroll until you find out the rollingball sound and add it, if it's not ticked.

If it was ticked already, open the rollingball with the Animation Editor, go in Sounds > Add sound, and select the rollingball one.
Then select the main animation, click on the button with "010101" (a very little one on the top), and check if the sound is played in any frame and where. Select the newly added one and save.
dinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-19, 15:28   #19329
Tombraider95

I thought the Sound Manger in Wadmerger was forbidden. Its very buggy and will mess up your sounds I'm sure.
Old 17-09-19, 15:56   #19330
Reggie

Turns out #g works on sounds.txt after running .bat then saving and reloading the Wad. Not sure why #g works but the level specific letter doesn't but there we go. TRLE logic. Thanks anyway.
Reggie is offline   Reply With Quote