Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 21-01-21, 17:41   #51
Mahetus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danath View Post
Wow, i'm happy that i can inspire others in that way.

And yikes! That is one creepy mutant creature, good job on that! D:
Thank you!
At first I want to make a normal face, more detailed, but decided to make his head with only one texture and it fits very well to this level, along with the Tinos monsters.
Mahetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-21, 21:17   #52
Mahetus

Post Update

20% of first level is done.

I don't want to spoil that much, but I'll share a little screenshot from main area showing laying skeletons.
Old 24-01-21, 21:25   #53
PedroTheGamer

Don't make me have nightmares after playing

Joking aside, I'll soon play your first project. I liked this project a lot and I see something different in it. Good luck of this already.
PedroTheGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-21, 18:09   #54
Mahetus

Smile Some updates

Okay, so first of I need to start creating first level again, because of some problems caused by my mistake. (Typical me)

And actually it's in favor of this project.
Start area will be more extended and somewhat complex.

Also, today is my 21st birthday and I come with a mind.
After finishing this project and my TR1 greece level, I am going to do remakes of my 3 customs created in 2016 that I unfortunately lost.
Funny thing, to this time I remember areas from those levels
However, before those remakes I will do possibly a levelset with someone. (No, I'm not going to tell you who is that)

Have a good day everyone!

P.S. Let's hope I am going to finish this project first hah.
Old 04-02-21, 14:56   #55
Mahetus

Arrow Statement

Due to lack of any inspiration, I took a small break from creating this project.
After 3 days I came back to it, but that is not all.

After the last drama that happened on trle.forum about difficulty of custom levels. I've decided to put the difficulty of my level as hard to avoid unnecessary drama and argue with people that my level is too hard.
Although tasks and setups that are created right now in my opinion are not hard however I completely understand that some people can struggle with it.

That's all.
Good day everyone!
Old 04-02-21, 19:54   #56
Danath

Wink

Good luck with the project.

I haven't read what happened yet, but...
How is putting a difficulty rating going to change anything? Difficulty can still be subjective, depending on the player's skill level. Maybe you put "hard", but for some it's "very hard" anyway... for others it would be "normal"...
Who should rate the difficulty? Author? Reviewers? Players? Based on which standard? Compared to official levels or an "average" of custom levels? Are official levels hard or normal? etc.
Some interesting questions there.
Danath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-21, 20:15   #57
DaroRaider

I think I understand your problem Mahetus ... you are aware of what others say or think about things and that way you will lose spontaneity. I have not read anything on the TRLE forum either, I hardly have time to dedicate to Tomb Raider lately ...

I agree with Danath, all opinion or criticism is subjective. At most, it should serve as a reference to improve, but in no way should it condition you, much less make you dizzy and waste time. Try to focus on the way you enjoy doing things best. It is the only way for creativity to flow naturally. Sorry if am wrong! Good luck.

Last edited by DaroRaider; 04-02-21 at 20:16.
DaroRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-21, 20:17   #58
Mahetus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danath View Post
Good luck with the project.

I haven't read what happened yet, but...
How is putting a difficulty rating going to change anything? Difficulty can still be subjective, depending on the player's skill level. Maybe you put "hard", but for some it's "very hard" anyway... for others it would be "normal"...
Who should rate the difficulty? Author? Reviewers? Players? Based on which standard? Compared to official levels or an "average" of custom levels? Are official levels hard or normal? etc.
Some interesting questions there.
Thank you Danath!

Yeah it is hard to tell the proper difficulty for builder. I just assumed it due to some jumps and probably complexility. Maybe I am to touchy because of drama hah.
Overall, I agree with you!

That drama starts with Scourge05 thread about his new project and some people on this forum start being a "little" harash to him, because of his previous level that was very difficult and annoy some of them.

It's too many things to explain, you need to see this thread. I was in this drama as well
Old 04-02-21, 20:40   #59
Mahetus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaroRaider View Post
I think I understand your problem Mahetus ... you are aware of what others say or think about things and that way you will lose spontaneity. I have not read anything on the TRLE forum either, I hardly have time to dedicate to Tomb Raider lately ...

I agree with Danath, all opinion or criticism is subjective. At most, it should serve as a reference to improve, but in no way should it condition you, much less make you dizzy and waste time. Try to focus on the way you enjoy doing things best. It is the only way for creativity to flow naturally. Sorry if am wrong! Good luck.
This drama was stupid started without any reason and because of this I am aware what I am creating right now.

However, I'm trying to not thinking about it and just enjoying my time creating level and things that I'm really good.

Yeah, that's what Danath said is very true and thank you for your support Daro I really appreciated.
And as you said "Try to focus on the way you enjoy doing things best" I'm doing it, today I finally build the start area and some jumping sequences. Tomorrow I'm going to build the temple, the second tough structure that I came up with.
Old 04-02-21, 23:36   #60
DaroRaider

You are talented. You still need to learn a lot and improve your skills. For me any classic game is fun to play, and I like playing games from authors with a lot of potential. It reminds me when I was younger and I was advised by other veteran authors.
DaroRaider is offline   Reply With Quote