Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 16-09-19, 14:27   #3071
PS3_Gamer

Finished Portal 2 yesterday. That game didn't really appeal to me at first but I followed a friend's advice and bought it, and i'm glad I did. I really enjoyed it once I got familiar with it's kind of logic and the proper way to play it.

The first half of the game isn't too hard but it started to get harder on chapter 6 and it got increasingly harder after that. I had to check the solution on the internet for about 10 puzzles.

Now I will buy the first Portal!
PS3_Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-19, 13:44   #3072
Lord Insidious

Extermination. Collected all dog tags and got Roger’s knife.
Lord Insidious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-19, 14:09   #3073
RAID

Until Dawn (twice)
RAID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-19, 03:32   #3074
Sayonel

I finally finished Day's Gone after playing it on and off for two months.
Sayonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-19, 11:32   #3075
PS3_Gamer

I finished Portal 2 not long ago and now I just completed Portal 1. They're both little gems but I found Portal 1 harder than Portal 2.
PS3_Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-19, 16:21   #3076
CroftManiac05

Completed Horizon Zero Dawn.

Love this game. The gameplay is ok and might get a bit repetitive but the story is amazing. It gave a new meaning to the word "ancient", because when you hear "ancient ruins", you expect to see a primitive civilization. The roles here are completely reversed and the ancient civilization is lightyears more advanced than the current era of the game. The battle system requires strategy, meaning that you should aim for specific parts of the machine's body, or you could also strip the machine of its components by using tearblast arrows.

I prefered the audio logs rather than the text documents. I hated them in the Reboot TRs and I hated them here as well. Overall a very good and addicting game.
CroftManiac05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-19, 13:04   #3077
Zsott

Finally I maxed out Mumbai (in terms of challenges) in HITMAN 2. It wasn't an easy ride...
The music and the level overall is something... incredible!
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-19, 05:19   #3078
robm_2007

Dead Space 2

Overall, doesn't even come close to as good as the first. This one has a very thin story, weak and unmemorable characters, and despite Isaac speaking in this one, he's not done poorly, he's just not interesting. I liked his grunts in the previous game, they sounded more robotic and mechanical, which sounded cool. I really feel like every character in the first game was done well and had great voice acting (even the recordings). This one is pale in comparison and many characters are just there. I did like the woman in the beginning who betrays you.

The graphics are naturally better and there's way more variety of art styles (mainly in the residential areas and the churches, which reminded me of Bioshock). The lighting is much better, in that there is actual lighting and not spooky dark passages all over like the first game - but that's not really a bad thing, the atmosphere and mood of the first game is better because of that. I didn't feel like the first game was particularly scary, but it was much creepier and less expected.

There are more enemy types and weapons but certain weapons like Seeker Rifle suck, and the Ripper, which was one of my most used weapons in the last game, I almost never used. It's not as useful.

There are far less boss battles and the ones there are are not as well done. There's less puzzles, but I do like the new 360 zero gravity flying suit. I think that could have been used more often. Air meter is still around but not once did I ever come close to running out. It's not detrimental at all, and there's not even any air canisters to worry about in case you start to run out, because you likely never will (and if you do, there are several air refill stations wherever you might need it).

Overall, there's way more combat and far less of a survival feel. It's not a bad game, it's just really a let down in comparison to the first game.
robm_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-19, 18:38   #3079
Blackmoor

Dark Souls 3

I never thought I'd be able to complete this game and on my first playthrough I did give up. But recently I saw someone else playing it and I thought "if they can do it" and quite easily too, then maybe I can......... so I gave it another go.

This time everything was easier for some reason. But also, I experimented with weapons more and also outfits, I tried to pay attention to attributes and things.

Some of the bosses were quite hard in places but I usually did a npc summon or if really desperate I would summon other players who were great. Basically I would not have gotten through it without the ability to summon others to help you, so I'm really grateful to them.

I was tempted to play the dlc and tried them both but they were really difficult so I'm having a break for a while. Plus (looking online) there are a few optional bosses that I completely missed towards the end of the game so I should give them a go at some stage.

I was tempted to go for NG+ but maybe later......
Blackmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-19, 10:34   #3080
jarekhanzelka

Code Vein 7.5/10

Give it a few patches, balance fixes (which they'll hopefully focus on, given their ambition to implement pvp somewhere down the line), and the game just might grow great.

As of this moment, the game is very addictive and fun, but also very frustrating and, in certain aspects, quite underwhelming. It makes a pretty awful first impression but many things do get a lot better after the first 4-5 areas. Still, I don't think I can easily recommend it to either anime fans or soulslike fans. It's a definitely boring anime, and as a game it's undeniably an acquired taste.
jarekhanzelka is offline   Reply With Quote