www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 23-07-19, 16:35   #1
dinne
Explorer

Default Wild Jungle level (by dinne)

Hi, this is probably my very first serious attempt of making a level, that has no title yet.
I participated in the BtB2018 with no success (not finished for the deadline) but it given me more skills.

So here I want to showcase a testing room with my new custom models (modeled and texturized by me) and my custom texture asset too (made by me, producing many seamless ones).

Sounds are modified too, it has a great noisy background with "3D" mosquitoes flying around the ears, and footsteps are much more "grassy" (I edited the default ones too, that could be a problem when entering in a temple with concrete floor, so I'll see). Lara has TR3 voices.

If I'll publish (or ultimately abandon) the project, I swear I'll give away all these wads on trsearch, the custom Lara and the texture pack.

New objects in this asset:
- 2 bushes
- Floor ferns and tall ferns (TR3 ones with better textures)
- lianas (one is in 3D, one is a 2D texture)
- Big green tree covered of foliage
- Branches for the sky (one object, containing 3D branches and 2D little ones)
- Ceiling 2D foliage
- Horizontal fallen cut log
- Vertical cut log
- Branch with foliage around
- Little bush with berries (medikit)
... and making others.

And I added other items from trsearch such as the roots of the trees for the walls made by teme9 in Jungle Ruins.

dinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-19, 17:41   #2
Die Basis
Student

Wow, this looks fantastic.
Old 23-07-19, 17:41   #3
GabrielCroft
Archaeologist

Sounds very promising! Love the screens
Old 23-07-19, 17:48   #4
dinne
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Die Basis View Post
Wow, this looks fantastic.
Thank you, and, I swear, I've seen yours only today because I was absent from the forum, I mean I didn't want in any way to copy your idea...
And yours is fantastic too. Mine has a problem: making a nice gameplay in the totally wild forest may be not very promising (not many "cubes" to interact with, while I'd like to put the accent on the gameplay itself), yours sounds much more interactive ;P

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrielCroft View Post
Sounds very promising! Love the screens
Thanks!
Old 23-07-19, 17:56   #5
Die Basis
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinne View Post
Thank you, and, I swear, I've seen yours only today because I was absent from the forum, I mean I didn't want in any way to copy your idea...
And yours is fantastic too. Mine has a problem: making a nice gameplay in the totally wild forest may be not very promising (not many "cubes" to interact with, while I'd like to put the accent on the gameplay itself), yours sounds much more interactive ;P
Thanks!
No problem! Yours look somehow totally different anyway, except for the good old TR3 India mushrooms.

And about gameplay, lol, I have different areas with tasks to fulfill but they somehow aren't connected to each other yet. I don't have a specific order yet. Hope everything comes in line in the end.
Old 23-07-19, 18:13   #6
dinne
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Die Basis View Post
No problem! Yours look somehow totally different anyway, except for the good old TR3 India mushrooms.

And about gameplay, lol, I have different areas with tasks to fulfill but they somehow aren't connected to each other yet. I don't have a specific order yet. Hope everything comes in line in the end.
Well my project would be to make a wild jungle level also with wet caves and an indigenous village, a river etc. And then another level (probably) with a temple, because if it's a tomb raider game we need something like that, with the invasion of some baddies that are there to get the (oh rly) artifact before her, and it's meant to be quite "survival". You know, that kind of Pacific TR3 mood... Crash Site... Forest+Troops... Things like that. And I won't put it in India so that at least I won't copy your architectural style, I'll choose an indigenous civilization...
Old 23-07-19, 19:19   #7
Die Basis
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinne View Post
. And I won't put it in India so that at least I won't copy your architectural style, I'll choose an indigenous civilization...
Mine was compared to Mini Adventures India by tombraider95, but I take this as a compliment. And of course, this was my first look of how the tree textures by AgentXP can be used, especially the root textures. This was kind of confusing for me in the beginning.