www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider 25

Old 01-03-21, 01:04   #221
charmedangelin
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...way-millennium

This gives me faith for the show. The main producer/writer hasn't done much so the studio must've been pretty confident in her talents to hire her.
Or they didn't want to spend the money to properly invest in someone with a more impressive portfolio.
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-21, 05:20   #222
JuditePrince12
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...way-millennium

This gives me faith for the show. The main producer/writer hasn't done much so the studio must've been pretty confident in her talents to hire her.
This article is different from what was said before. Initially it said she would write for the show but now it’s saying show runner. That’s basically a producer and show runners are credited with executive producer. She’s basically going to be overseeing the final project and holding the production to a certain standard. Does this mean there will be a different lead writer?
Old 01-03-21, 15:38   #223
TrustyBow
Professor

We wouldnt really know at this point, but considering she's a screenwriter, I'd assume she would want to write most, if not all the episodes.

Not sure if they have a background in animation but if not, it'd be easy for her as showrunner to hire anyone within the shows budget.
Old 01-03-21, 22:12   #224
Laralicious
Explorer

I have no expectations of what this anime will be - it's cool and long overdue - so I would have been going in with neutral eyes however I don't pay for Netflix and I don't see it worthwhile to pay for a subscription for one show. In fact, I don't really watch tv, only historical documentaries and quizzes.

But I hope that there will be a physical edition at some point. I don't know if Netflix shows ever release on DVD but I know from the past 24 years of Tomb Raider history that if you don't have a physical version of something, it does tend to go missing or disappear. Not only that, but will it come to all countries who can stream Netflix or will it only be for US?

It would be a cool thing to have in a collection, and I love collecting.
Laralicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-21, 01:12   #225
JuditePrince12
Archaeologist

I read somewhere that it takes place immediately after Shadow. So maybe the ending where she's at the desk will be the beginning?
Old 05-03-21, 21:14   #226
Scion21
Student

I can't be the only one who thought the announcement of this anime was very precipitated. No teaser? No artworks? No plot? No ANYTHING besides the news that it exists. Seems like they had just signed the deal and wanted to give the fans some breadcrumbs of something concrete because they *know* we won't be satisfied by the 25th celebration and it's lack of anything remarkable or exciting.
Old 05-03-21, 21:49   #227
JuditePrince12
Archaeologist

The placeholder for the series is already on Netflix and this usually happens when a series plans on a near future release. Animation takes a year or more in advance to finish depending on how detailed the art is. I don't think they would've announced it so soon for it to release in like 2 years. They probably started last year and are nearly close to finishing. Maybe a release this fall or early next year.
Old 05-03-21, 23:11   #228
KylieDog
Archaeologist

The Netflix placeholder doesn't even have an image, just says Tomb Raider (ANIME) in plain text. I assume it is pretty far off. The Resi Evil and Witcher animated series have both had images for months and still no release dates.
KylieDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-21, 23:59   #229
Scion21
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by KylieDog View Post
The Netflix placeholder doesn't even have an image, just says Tomb Raider (ANIME) in plain text. I assume it is pretty far off. The Resi Evil and Witcher animated series have both had images for months and still no release dates.
Capcom at least had the decency of announcing Infinite Darkness with a amazing teaser + half a dozen concept arts. I think that's the least that should have happened with TR as well...
Old 06-03-21, 01:12   #230
Moon-Safari
Relic Hunter

I just hope they don't talk fast in high pitched overly dramatic voices with weird spacing of words that nearly overlap in run-on sentences by cutie-pie characters. I cannot watch anime because of this. It's all so samey. I understand that's the style people are used to because of the English dubbing, but its so cringe and corny to me lol. I rather it be closer to a regular action cartoon from the 90's like x-men or gi-joe. They actually looked like comic books come to life and played like action movies. Batman was a little too stylized for me. I don't even know the difference between anime and cartoons except anime is less fluid except when it comes to big budget movies like aeon-flux which is ****ing phenomenal with their animation style (which is why I like that revisioned cartoon by the aeon flux animator so much).

Last edited by Moon-Safari; 06-03-21 at 01:15.
Moon-Safari is offline   Reply With Quote