Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Crossovers, Tabletop Games and Milestones > Tomb Raider 25

Old 15-06-21, 21:14   #151
jajay119

I don't see a new TR being so long in the pipeline as 2025. Honestly, get a more unified Lara in both image and personality, strip out everything from the reboot that mainly universally people didn't like (RPG elements, social hubs etc) and write a story that is actually interesting, fun and works well and you're a good chunk of the way there. I think late 2023 at most.

Last edited by jajay119; 15-06-21 at 21:17.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-21, 21:16   #152
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOPE View Post
my gut feeling tells me we’re not getting a new game until 2025. of course I hope it’s not the case but I feel like they have no clue what to do next and are just going with the unified timeline idea to move the franchise from stalling.
If they have no clue, why would they even mention a unified timeline and how can it stop the franchise from stalling if they have nothing like a game to stop it from doing so, especially if they wait so long? It's 2021, I think 2025 is too far off. Dallas wouldn't have mentioned that they've advised the Netflix show and the movie to incorporate the unified timeline. I assume when it comes to the animated show, they can introduce the elements in a natural way, seeing as it's meant to start directly after Shadow.

Last edited by Rai; 15-06-21 at 21:18.
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-21, 22:15   #153
amiro1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
If they have no clue, why would they even mention a unified timeline and how can it stop the franchise from stalling if they have nothing like a game to stop it from doing so, especially if they wait so long? It's 2021, I think 2025 is too far off. Dallas wouldn't have mentioned that they've advised the Netflix show and the movie to incorporate the unified timeline. I assume when it comes to the animated show, they can introduce the elements in a natural way, seeing as it's meant to start directly after Shadow.
They are probably testing protoypes of gameplay right now, while the storyline is being finalized and the direction understood. I think it's a very good sign if they already have the directions for the movie and the show; it means that the next games, movies and comics will likely be much more cohesive. It's exactly what we need.
amiro1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-21, 00:46   #154
biscuits

The franchise taking a step back or taking a hiatus doesn't mean it's dead or irrelevant. It just means they're taking extra time to work on the next game.
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-21, 01:11   #155
JuditePrince12

I think Dallas said that they're in a stage of development where if they were to show it, some people might think it's close to being finished. So I think they somewhat have a basis for the game like a move set and animations.
JuditePrince12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-21, 08:12   #156
Greenapple968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slambam27 View Post
The fact that there is possibly a more argumentative forum out there is both a comforting yet scary thought although it's football so I imagine there are pages of toxic-masculine guys dumping their rants on there about a bag of wind
This forum does sometimes have episodes of confrontation, but on the whole I'd say that this is one of the more easy going forums. Out of the forums that I've viewed, football forums seem to be the worst but I'm sure there are forums that are worse than football forums; I just haven't viewed them.
Greenapple968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-21, 12:21   #157
lance6439

It doesn’t matter how long they spend on making the next game if there’s no room for creative freedom
lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-21, 12:45   #158
redfox45

If only we could go back to the good old days where they were given under a year to tart up the odd gameplay mechanic and throw up a few new levels before the game was shoved out for Xmas.
Back when they had real creative freedom.
redfox45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-21, 13:02   #159
.snake.

It's amazing though what limitation actually does for creativity. Andy Sandham even said this in an interview. The old Core games are in many ways more creative because they worked within such limitations.
.snake. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-21, 13:08   #160
lance6439

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfox45 View Post
If only we could go back to the good old days where they were given under a year to tart up the odd gameplay mechanic and throw up a few new levels before the game was shoved out for Xmas.
Back when they had real creative freedom.
Well at least that worked. And the plot for Classic TR games were great and there was innovation with each game.
lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote