www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 22-12-20, 12:39   #17851
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

I still think there will always be room for more TR in the future I'm hopeful that there will be some form of Lara on the screen in the future be it in the form of a sequel or a reboot or even CGI.

As far as I know TR and GK Films seemed like Co-partners on TR so theoretically they'd own half the rights to the franchise IP and it would not solely belong to GK Films, they have a similar deal with EON for the 007 rights. It's a fifty percent split I think.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 22-12-20 at 12:42.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-20, 12:58   #17852
Ellioft
Professor

You know were you can stick your reboot...
Old 22-12-20, 13:18   #17853
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
I still think there will always be room for more TR in the future I'm hopeful that there will be some form of Lara on the screen in the future be it in the form of a sequel or a reboot or even CGI.
I am 100% convinced that we will have more TR in the future. It is a strong brand. The movies have made almost 300M worldwide each.

The problem is that depending on whether GK loses the rights (and later another company buys them) or manages to make a deal with another studio ... we may have a new reboot with another actress or something different. Whatever it is, it is a slow process.

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 22-12-20 at 13:19.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-20, 17:57   #17854
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
You know were you can stick your reboot...
If that aimed at my post then that was incredibly rude considering I've been nothing but nice to you with past interactions here.

I may be misunderstanding that though incase you mean in general.

FYI, I don't particularly want a reboot, Alicia is a perfect Lara but it will reboot at some point it's not something we should all be shocked by if it does happen considering there are multiple versions of Lara across multiple media's game, Web series, comics, movies.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 22-12-20 at 18:02.
Old 23-12-20, 08:28   #17855
Ellioft
Professor

Quote:
If that aimed at my post then that was incredibly rude considering I've been nothing but nice to you with past interactions here.

I may be misunderstanding that though incase you mean in general.

FYI, I don't particularly want a reboot, Alicia is a perfect Lara but it will reboot at some point it's not something we should all be shocked by if it does happen considering there are multiple versions of Lara across multiple media's game, Web series, comics, movies.
Yes It was in general no personnal issues, sorry
Old 23-12-20, 08:42   #17856
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Yes It was in general no personnal issues, sorry
It's all good. You don't need to apologise it wasn't your misunderstanding.

I do understand what you mean. I think Alicia is the perfect Lara but I do think she is a type of James Bond character and we will still get many incarnations of her for years to come.

Hopefully when MGM is sold whatever company picks up the reigns can work out something with GK Films to make a sequel. I can personally see MGM's future being in streaming not because I am pushing a streaming agenda but because I genuinely think that the effects covid have had on the industry will take a while to heal and that release windows are gonna be so short that eventually people will just wait to watch it in their own home

MGM is specially trying to attract streamers and I can see why because they have the potential to create new Stargate series, 007 spin offs, Adams Family sitcoms etc.

I think if Tomb Raider ever went to series I'd like to see it be about a young Lara and Werner maybe chronicling her younger years out on digs around age 16 to 18 and seperated from any films they'd be making.

There's prospects that MGM can sell based on the amount of developing they've done too, they have a script and director ready to go for Tomb Raider and Legally Blonde 3 and have made a lot if new purchases like Gucci with a full cast including Lady Gaga and Adam Driver which still hasn't filmed and other films like George Miller's latest film and a big film space film based on a book with with Ryan Gosling attached. I wonder what's going to happen to all those projects.
Old 23-12-20, 10:47   #17857
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

Quote:
There's prospects that MGM can sell based on the amount of developing they've done too, they have a script and director ready to go for Tomb Raider and Legally Blonde 3 and have made a lot if new purchases like Gucci with a full cast including Lady Gaga and Adam Driver which still hasn't filmed and other films like George Miller's latest film and a big film space film based on a book with with Ryan Gosling attached. I wonder what's going to happen to all those projects.
Well, as would happen with Twenty Century Fox. All projects canceled (even some as successful as Deadpool 3).

There are rumors that Disney or Apple could be interested in the purchase.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-20, 11:12   #17858
Ellioft
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyPromise View Post
Well, as would happen with Twenty Century Fox. All projects canceled (even some as successful as Deadpool 3).

There are rumors that Disney or Apple could be interested in the purchase.
Disney is destroying everything but Apple can save it
Old 23-12-20, 12:06   #17859
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

Well Deadpool 3 is officially happening and they paid for reshoots on Dark Phoenix but some of these MGM films are highly lucrative too. I can see whatever studios buy them wanfkng to make them because they're Oscar bait and the likes of Bond, TR and Stargate being rebooted for TV series and new film opportunities.

Disney aren't legally allowed to purchase anymore companies by law so they're definitely out. Universal are Apple are more likely. Apple probably the most likely because they showed the most interest from the start.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 23-12-20 at 12:08.
Old 24-12-20, 10:42   #17860
Avalon SARL
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Disney is destroying everything but Apple can save it
Why is Disney destroying everything