www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Legend

Old 20-06-20, 09:40   #1
ATombRaiderFan
Hobbyist

Default Missing NPCs on Next Gen

Another issue with Next Gen, the Peru villagers seem to be absent.

Last edited by ATombRaiderFan; 06-07-20 at 17:13.
ATombRaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-20, 10:15   #2
Joey79100
Professor

That close-up on Lara's boots just made me realize the UV is broken: you can see the socks texture at the top of her boots.
Old 20-06-20, 17:06   #3
_Seth
Archaeologist

Yeah, this is know. Next Gen was a hack job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey79100 View Post
That close-up on Lara's boots just made me realize the UV is broken: you can see the socks texture at the top of her boots.
I don't know what UV means, or which version of the screenshot you're talking about.
Old 20-06-20, 19:50   #4
Tomb Raidering
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
I don't know what UV means, or which version of the screenshot you're talking about.
I think UV refers to where the game engine places the textures on models. If you look closely on next-gen Lara’s boots you can see “part” of the socks on them.
Old 30-06-20, 12:06   #5
LCEF (CA)
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey79100 View Post
I don't think so, if you look at the Old Gen version, there is a brighter trim at the top of the boots, so maybe it's the same thing, but they maybe it to bright in the Next Gen version ?

About those missing NPCs, I never noticed that ! Sadly, I think that NG version was a bit rushed, so maybe it was considered as a minor thing, too minor to work on it ?
LCEF (CA) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-20, 17:22   #6
Joshorty
Archaeologist

Next Gen definitely was rushed, just to solely take advantage of Xbox 360 at the time. Even from the the hype days of Legend, I was never a fan of next-gen designs overall, if not just next gen Lara herself. Some of her costumes have eyes that don’t even move and that bugs me a lot.
Joshorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-20, 17:58   #7
Caesum
Tomb Raider

Next-gen on xbox 360 was gorgeous though. It was the PC version that was broken beyond hope. X360 never had any of PC's issues.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-20, 21:18   #8
Mek
Student

As regards the socks, yes, it looks slightly like a bug in the next gen version.

I've always played Legend on PC in the next gen version so I haven't seen the villagers in Peru.

Tomb Raider Legend – the first Tomb Raider game developed by Crystal Dynamics and the first one which favoured one platform to such an extent. A next gen version for PlayStation 3 released in 2011? Crystal Dynamics and Eidos, was it a joke?
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-20, 03:02   #9
Boobandie
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek View Post
Tomb Raider Legend – the first Tomb Raider game developed by Crystal Dynamics and the first one which favoured one platform to such an extent. A next gen version for PlayStation 3 released in 2011? Crystal Dynamics and Eidos, was it a joke?
The PS3 was first released at the end of 2006 while Legend came out in April. The Xbox360 had been on the shelves since November 2005.

Legend was originally slated for a late 2005 release, to come out on PC, PlayStation 2, and Xbox. The game was actually delayed for the Xbox360 port, they couldn't delay it a second time because another next gen console came out.

Additionally Tomb Raider has been playing platform favourite since the start. The first game came out on PS1 and Sega Saturn, but Sony quickly snapped up an exclusivity deal so console versions of TR would be exclusive to the Playstation.

TR4 was only ported to Sega Dreamcast in the year 2000, well after its PS1 release.

Last edited by Boobandie; 01-07-20 at 03:05.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-20, 03:25   #10
Zreen001
Professor

I can't even finish Legend as Next Gen on PC, keep running into invisible trees in Kazakhstan train chase sequence.

I do turn it on for Bolivia, Japan, and Ghana though. Gorgeous in those areas, others not so much.