www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 27-06-20, 15:59   #7181
Lara_Fan1
Tomb Raider

Can I just point out that if this all turns out to be fake, don’t shoot the messenger please .
Old 27-06-20, 16:00   #7182
ANoDE
Golden

Pitchforks are already sharpened. Just in case.
Old 28-06-20, 12:57   #7183
MrBear
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara_Fan1 View Post
Can I just point out that if this all turns out to be fake, don’t shoot the messenger please .
I mean, if the Renegade prompt comes up, I can't promise anything

But yes, we've had this rumour appear before, but more people seem to be talking about it this time, so I'm inclined to believe there might be something to it now. I guess we'll find out in a little over 4 months

I just hope they'll improve the movement if it's indeed based on Andromeda; too often I felt like I was skidding about with less control than I'd had on the Unreal Engine. Or maybe that was mainly the multiplayer and had to do with the online connection, and won't be a problem in singleplayer.
Other than that, I'll be happy to try it out on Frostbite I don't particularly need a remaster, but it can't hurt.

And yes, I'm hoping they insert at least Kaidan as a gay romance in ME1. I believe they already had the two human squadmembers record lines for a same-sex romance, as someone found those lines later in the data files and, I think, modded it in or something? Only problem might be having to record new lines for ME3 for a continued romance, but it shouldn't be a big issue to get Sbarge back in the booth for a couple of sentences
Old 30-06-20, 13:43   #7184
JoelCaesar
Archaeologist

If they are going to expand Saren's storyline then they would need his VA to come back. It's entirely plausible then that all main companions would need to voice newlines.

Also porting the entire game to frostbite engine would be a colossal undertaking. I'm not sure if I believe that.
Old 30-06-20, 16:32   #7185
MrBear
Relic Hunter

You're right, I might've been a bit hasty when I read they wanted to take it closer to 'Andromeda fluidity.' In my mind I just translated that to a Frostbite port. The thing is, though, the latest Unreal Engine was released in 2014. Would it still hold up for a remastering in 2020? Maybe it doesn't matter so much?
I wouldn't mind staying with the Unreal Engine. Even though Frostbite looks amazing, the newest Dragon Age and Mass Effect games didn't feel great when it came to moving around within their worlds. I guess I'll be happy either way
Old 30-06-20, 22:34   #7186
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBear View Post
I mean, if the Renegade prompt comes up, I can't promise anything

But yes, we've had this rumour appear before, but more people seem to be talking about it this time, so I'm inclined to believe there might be something to it now. I guess we'll find out in a little over 4 months

I just hope they'll improve the movement if it's indeed based on Andromeda; too often I felt like I was skidding about with less control than I'd had on the Unreal Engine. Or maybe that was mainly the multiplayer and had to do with the online connection, and won't be a problem in singleplayer.
Other than that, I'll be happy to try it out on Frostbite I don't particularly need a remaster, but it can't hurt.

And yes, I'm hoping they insert at least Kaidan as a gay romance in ME1. I believe they already had the two human squadmembers record lines for a same-sex romance, as someone found those lines later in the data files and, I think, modded it in or something? Only problem might be having to record new lines for ME3 for a continued romance, but it shouldn't be a big issue to get Sbarge back in the booth for a couple of sentences
I have nothing against gay characters or gay romance but I wouldn't pick Kaidan for a romance for one reason, after Commander Sheppard was exposed to that Prothean beacon on Eden Prime, Kaidan wasn't waiting outside the infirmary after Sheppard woke up, Ashley Williams was waiting which is why I instantly chose her as Sheppard's love interest.

IIRC Kaidan was on the far side of the deck where the infirmary is located, he was probably sniffing around the kitchen looking for a sandwich or something.

Having to choose between Ashley and Kaidan on Virmire was an easy decision, I always sacrifice Kaidan.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-20, 14:33   #7187
ANoDE
Golden

If I remember correctly, Kaidan stood behind Shepard when he woke up and talked to the doctor? Or are we talking about different scenes? Maybe it was this way because I had modded my game to think my Shepard was female when in fact the male model was used.
But yeah, it's your playthrough, so you choose
I could never really warm up to Ashley, but I also must admit, that I specifically aim for a Kaidan romance most of the time.
Old 01-07-20, 16:50   #7188
Shirley_Manson
Professor

If Shepard is male then Ash will get "pulled" thoward the Beacon and stands in the infirmary next to Shepard when he wakes up. If Shepard is female then it's Kaidan.
I guess it's happens in that order beacuse it should start some kind of connection with a potential love interest.
Idk. Kaidans kinda boring so I choose to save Ashley almost every time.
Old 01-07-20, 17:00   #7189
bublehed
Hobbyist

I never choose Ashley because of the bigoted & xenophobic things she spews. Plus I want that romance with Kaidan in ME3 with my MShep.
bublehed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-20, 17:16   #7190
ANoDE
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirley_Manson View Post
If Shepard is male then Ash will get "pulled" thoward the Beacon and stands in the infirmary next to Shepard when he wakes up. If Shepard is female then it's Kaidan.
I guess it's happens in that order beacuse it should start some kind of connection with a potential love interest.
Idk. Kaidans kinda boring so I choose to save Ashley almost every time.
Yeah. Then that makes sense
I love that you can trick the game into a M/M romance with Kaidan on PC.