www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 30-06-20, 13:47   #21981
Tombraider95
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
https://twitter.com/KameliyaMinkova/...117828608?s=09

Why do you think of the backpacks ? I really like suggestions 2 and 9, close to the classic one but a bit more rounder
I prefer the size of the classic backpack I think, but the look could be more like 2 or 8. I prefer it being tight on her back and not drooping down.

3,4,5, 6 and 7 a no from me. They're too large and busy, like Lara is hiking. I always see her backpack as more for just bits and bobs (although she does carry loads).

Last edited by Tombraider95; 30-06-20 at 13:48.
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-20, 14:41   #21982
LNSNHGTDS
Relic Hunter

I felt inspired to create a hybrid version of Classic and Survivor Lara. Unfortunately, since I do not qualify in any way shape or form as an artist I used Ywi's Dress Up Lara Croft feature on DeviantArt.

I cannot express how sorry I am that I don't know how to take screenshots on a PC so I can only show you a crappy screenshot version of it that I took with my phone

Hair

I chose a relatively "light" fringe. Not too much hair in her face but enough to make it feel like she just tied her hair in a perfect ponytail and left her Manor to go adventuring. Effortless, just like that.

Face

I tried to give her a smuggish look to better illustrate confidence. I imagine her wearing a bit of makeup but nothing too excessive. A nude lipstick and some natural-looking eyeshadow.

Upper Body

I know we've talked about how the layered look has become stale and boring but I felt drawn to it and couldn't help it, I'm sorry xD . I gave her a white sports bra and her classic leotard above it. I also added a brown sleevless vest to give her a more classic "adventurer / explorer" look. I like the pouches on it as well, I can see her pulling and putting stuff out of / into them.

Lower Body

I gave her pants because they look a bit more practical. I chose a pair that looked feminine enough but not too tight and at the same time baggy but not ugly. Not sure how I feel about the colour but I didn't have any other options that fit the style I was going for. I gave her surviovr Lara's boots because I feel they look a little bit more stylish?

Gear

I decided to give her brown gloves, holsters and backpack over the black version of the same gear because I felt they blended a bit better with the look I was going for. I put a bandage on her left hand to illustrate that her journeys are tough and while she's still very much in control of most situations, accidents do happen. Her duals are obviously back and I also gave her Survivor Lara's axe as I think it was a relatively cool addition. I also think the bow could work for the look I was going for but as a secondary weapon. Maybe have her use a crossbow instead as I think it looks more modern. I also liked how she had little nifty gadgets in Legend and Underworld so I gave her her binoculars and grapple, though I'd much rather have her use a grapple like Anniversary's, it looks dated but a lot cooler! I imagine she has a PLS attached to her backpack and her PDA on the back of her belt, like in Underworld. I also gave her a combat knife strapped on her leg because why not?

Accessories

I felt that, minus the leotard, the look felt too brown so I tried to diversify by accessorizing. I gave her her classic rose round sunglasses as I think it's really annoying that we're never able to play with her wearing them (except GO) despite being a very distinctive accessory of hers. I also used the jade necklace because it's definitely Survivor Lara's most intresting detail. It stands out but not too much and I think it doesn't look like anything else I've seen in video game characters. I also added Underworld's wrist wrap because I always liked that as well.

Last edited by LNSNHGTDS; 30-06-20 at 14:42.
LNSNHGTDS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-20, 14:43   #21983
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
https://twitter.com/KameliyaMinkova/...117828608?s=09

Why do you think of the backpacks ? I really like suggestions 2 and 8, close to the classic one but a bit more rounder
2, given that Core intended the backpack to actually be rounder by the pictures in AOD. I wonder if the scare backpack was more of a limit of the graphics of its time. The rounder backpack makes more sense on Lara.
Old 30-06-20, 15:40   #21984
Quebsenuef
Tomb Raider

Location: In Rafe Adler's Arms|Gender: Pyramid Head|Superpower: Dirty Tricks Mode|Color: I'm Freakin' Gray

I like the classic backpack in 1.
I feel like Lara would want her backpack as small as possible but with the ability to store anything she finds on her adventures story wise. We all know she can somehow fit a rocket launcher, shotgun, M16, and 5 sets of dual pistols in her tiny backpack.. but I feel like itís more towards storing any keys, artifacts, etc that are important to story.

It also needs to be small because sheís gonna be crawling through tight spaces and canít have some cumbersome backpack catching on cave walls and vines in crawlspaces.

Thatís one reason I think having a bow doesnít make sense.. itís much more awkward to catch on things and break than a shotgun or rocket launcher

But hey... video games
Old 30-06-20, 15:58   #21985
laracroftswest
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
That’s one reason I think having a bow doesn’t make sense.. it’s much more awkward to catch on things and break than a shotgun or rocket launcher

But hey... video games
It's why the bow always disappears during those crawling segments in Rise/Shadow...so it doesn't clip through and look silly
Old 30-06-20, 15:59   #21986
paulojr_mam
Archaeologist

Of those, definitely the best is the second backpack, to me.
Old 30-06-20, 17:26   #21987
TR1249
Archaeologist

Love your work LNSNHGTDS
Old 30-06-20, 17:33   #21988
jajay119
Tomb Raider

It gives me 'if reboot Lara channelled AOD Lara' vibes.

I've earned 79p selling cards on steam. Might invest that in TR1 - it's only 69p currently on sale.
Old 30-06-20, 17:39   #21989
Trenton
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS View Post
I felt inspired to create a hybrid version of Classic and Survivor Lara. Unfortunately, since I do not qualify in any way shape or form as an artist I used Ywi's Dress Up Lara Croft feature on DeviantArt.
Nice work. I think you pretty much nailed what a hybrid between the two could look like.
Old 30-06-20, 18:08   #21990
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

As I said in my other post, my favourite backpacks are 2, 4 and 6. Very stylish looking, but I do also agree with TombRaider95 that I do prefer a backpack that is smaller and sits higher up on her back, so ideally a slightly smaller version of any of those 3 bags would be perfect to me.

The original classic backpack just looked like a perfectly square lunchbox strapped to her back and it doesn't look intentional or aesthetically pleasing to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
Before you know it leotards are right back in fashion.

You forgot to colour your text btw.
I didn't, someone kindly let me know they were finding it a bit difficult to read my posts in purple, so I've decided to drop it

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 30-06-20 at 18:09.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote