Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 02-05-20, 13:57   #31
_Seth

I think because there are often so many potential execs viewing this forum, it'd be good to keep this thread alive, and to bump it so others are prompted to contribute. I stand by my desires for the sequel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
My ideals.
  • Keep Lu Ren, and keep their relationship as strictly a platonic friendship, something which is incredibly refreshing to see.
  • Do not introduce shaky cam.
  • Reintroduce the grandiose, sweeping camera establishing shots, à la Cradle of Life. I want the camera to fly into locations to show off scope and awe, paired with excellent music.
  • Ensure a score that is strong on melodies, and as prominent and effective as if it's another character in the film. (So get rid of Junkie XL and his bland, unmoving, ineffective work.)
  • Keep the outfit from the previous film, just equip it with dual holsters and the long, dual hairband braid.
  • Take zero inspiration from the mediocrity of the reboot game's story and dialogue.
  • End the Trinity thing with no cliffhanger. If this is to be a continuous film series, each film should be a new open and closed book. This will ensure longevity where any newcomer and jump into any film. See: James Bond.
  • Use practical effects where possible. When and if CGI is absolutely required, do not use the lowest bidding company to produce the work, as was suspected in the previous film.
  • Do not shy away from darkness and shock factor.
  • Introduce some genuine fear factor. It can be a hard PG-13, which still allows frightening scenes of peril and for minimal blood. I don't require for it to be R, which would only give way for swearing and OTT blood, of which both is unnecessary.
  • None or minimal parental drama. The Ana situation could be good, but once it's over it needs to be fully gone forever.
_Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-20, 14:08   #32
Tonyrobinson

Great idea.

- Utilise the talents of Kristin Scott Thomas and Alicia Vikander let's have genuine and emotional character arcs and scenes between them and explore their relationship more. I want to feel emotional for these characters and connect with them let's not have anymore cookie cutter characters and motivations. These women are award winners allow them writing that utilises their acting abilities.

- Make Lara look slightly more sultry and matured, we seen her as a struggling young adult now let's see her become a woman and starting to form into the Lara we all know and love.

- Keep the dual pistols.

- Better cinematography and sound design. The first film had a huge budget with small scope.

- Involve more fantasy and paranormality to the films, these are staples of the franchise.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 02-05-20 at 14:11.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-20, 16:47   #33
GeekOfComedy

She’ll need a new outfit for film 2, it’s well documented that for marketing you need a new look so they can differentiate films. It’s why in Wonder Woman 1984 even though she will probably be only wearing gold for one fight scene at the end she’s always wearing it in marketing.

Why for cradle of life all the marketing had her in the grey suit
GeekOfComedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-20, 16:54   #34
PinkyPromise

It can be the same outfit with the two pistols, braid and backpack.

I want a TR Outfit (something iconic like the originals) I don't want a random outfit like the Rise, Shadow or Crade of Life suits. Suit random = failure. Iconic outfit = success.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-20, 18:04   #35
GeekOfComedy

Then they may forcefully watermark every image they ever post with Tomb 2 text so no media outlet ever posts a story using a mistaken image from the 2018 film, that's what ruined Hunger Games towards the end. They could also use Lara in other casual outfits for marketing and then for the fans give them the exact same outfit within the film itself.

As for an outfit I'd like to see Vikander in, considering her olive skin...
IMAGE WAS 2000s COMIC LARA BLACK TEE

Last edited by GeekOfComedy; 02-05-20 at 18:45. Reason: Image removed. See FAQ on posting images.
GeekOfComedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-20, 00:28   #36
Tonyrobinson

I really loved that black leather outfit at the end of the film too so I wouldn't be mad if they went for a darker version of her outfit from the first film but with pistols.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote