Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 10-07-19, 11:57   #1
LGG_PRODUCTION

Default Fool's Gold

Hey there,
Just of curiosity, where is the meaning of the level "Fool's Gold" from TR2 DLC?
I know that "Fool's Gold is a mineral, but I don't know the reason of the name of the level
LGG_PRODUCTION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-19, 15:54   #2
BlackWolftr

Because these people in this level want to extract gold.Even excavations can be seen . In the next level is a lot of gold :P They are just crazy and they want to have gold
BlackWolftr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-19, 17:18   #3
TombRaiderTim

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGG_PRODUCTION View Post
Hey there,
Just of curiosity, where is the meaning of the level "Fool's Gold" from TR2 DLC?
I know that "Fool's Gold is a mineral, but I don't know the reason of the name of the level
During the events of The Cold War (At least on Tomb Raider), the people of the past there were excavating in hopes of discovering a treasure trove of gold which is why so much machinery was about but the reason the level was known as "Fool's Gold" is either because they dug up the actual mineral, thinking it was gold and stopped thereafter which is why it was abandoned or they gave up the dig, not realising how close they were to the actual gold they were searching for, which left an opportunity for present day Lara Croft and her enemies.

The only other alternative is that it was named this because the actual gold found in Furnace of the Gods could be merely a distraction for the true treasure (Mask of Tornarsuk) which would mislead greedy minds, thus making them fools in a way.
TombRaiderTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-19, 15:23   #4
Quebsenuef

I thought the title was a dig at the people doing the plundering.
The Fools here at the people trying to take the gold, when the mask is there anyway.
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-19, 19:19   #5
Samz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
I thought the title was a dig at the people doing the plundering.
The Fools here at the people trying to take the gold, when the mask is there anyway.
Plus the Gold itself is an instant death river ( I guess maybe its molten gold?) so anyone trying to take it without some heavy precautions would end up dead.
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-19, 21:23   #6
TombRaiderTim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
Plus the Gold itself is an instant death river ( I guess maybe its molten gold?) so anyone trying to take it without some heavy precautions would end up dead.
The molten river of gold can easily be scooped out with proper precautions and most would be content with what they had obtained but Lara on the other hand, since already inheriting a fortune, wants to go for the most unique thing there, that being the Mask of Tornarsuk, which would stand out much better than a blob of gold in her trophy room.

I assumed that is what was in the trophy room in TR3 originally but it is just a throwback to the Gold Idol from Indiana Jones, so I suppose Lara wanted to donate it to a museum for the sake of the mask's history, while at the same time getting some sport and adventure out of it all, which is why she was not so easily persuaded by the golden river itself.
TombRaiderTim is offline   Reply With Quote