Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Chronicles

Old 20-04-21, 20:16   #1
UroshUchiha

Default Tomb Raider - Chronicles [Interactive DVD Game]

Almost 9 years ago Roli uploaded a full playthrough on their YouTube channel of the TRC interactive DVD game.

Only a few months ago I learned of its existence (it's not even listed on the fandom wiki page), so I decided to hunt it down.
At first, I thought I'd find it on archive.org or some other website, but I've had zero luck.

Eventually, I found the disc itself and bought it. It finally arrived today. The game is only found on the German collector's edition release of the first Tomb Raider 1 movie. There are 3 DVDs in the bundle with lots of goodies as you can see in the linked picture.

So I extracted only the game, played through the thing to be sure everything works fine and uploaded it to archive.org here.

Now we have the TR4 Interactive CD, TR5 Interactive DVD and TRAOD Action Adventure DVD hosted on that website for preservation.

The only thing missing now, to my knowledge, when it comes to those type of things are the Interactive TV Games (Apocalypse, Temple of Anubis, The Reckoning). But I don't think those will ever be emulated/preserved cause the source of those is lord knows where. I am not sure if there are even video recordings of those anywhere.

To play TRC iDVD I uploaded you'll need to open the .IFO file from VIDEO_TS directory in VLC media player (haven't tried other tools).

Last edited by tlr online; 20-04-21 at 20:20. Reason: Image removed. See FAQ on posting images.
UroshUchiha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-21, 20:29   #2
ANoDE
Golden

Very cool! Thanks for uploading and posting.

If I had known you were looking for this, I probably could have helped out - because I own the German Collectors Box of the 1st and second movie (combined in one box) - which seems to contain a copy of TR5, along with some fan-made TRLE levels and this DVD game.
ANoDE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-21, 20:39   #3
UroshUchiha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoDE View Post
Very cool! Thanks for uploading and posting.

If I had known you were looking for this, I probably could have helped out - because I own the German Collectors Box of the 1st and second movie (combined in one box) - which seems to contain a copy of TR5, along with some fan-made TRLE levels and this DVD game.
Yup that's exactly the one. I found a person who was selling the 3DVD Powerpack + Poster of the first movie and a 2DVD box of the 2nd movie so I bought them together.

The 3rd DVD is the one that has this interactive game, the actual TR5 game, Level Editor and "most popular" fan-made TRLE levels. There's a lot of stuff on these discs but I was mostly going for that elusive interactive game

At least now I have it in my collection. I was hoping that those ecards would be on the discs too, but from what I saw, no luck.

https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=5974 the ones shared here were not complete, some of them were missing.

Last edited by UroshUchiha; 20-04-21 at 20:40.
Old 20-04-21, 20:54   #4
ANoDE
Golden

I just inserted my disc again (for the first time in I don't know how many years) - and it's amazing!

I'm sure I had played the game back when I bought the collection but it totally slipped my mind. I love how stupid it is

-- OMG --
I just found the answering machine recordings! I. Am. Literally. Dead.

Last edited by ANoDE; 20-04-21 at 20:59.
Old 20-04-21, 21:01   #5
UroshUchiha

It is very silly, its only purpose is to watch advertisements and teaser trailers.
But that toilet death scene had me so confused to a point where I just laughed cause I've no idea what I just saw xD

Initially, I wanted to postpone the upload of this for the TR5 month of the 25th anniversary event but that's more than a month away so TR5 gets some early love.
Old 20-04-21, 21:03   #6
ANoDE
Golden

That toilet scene was gold! I also was like: "What just happened? Are they for real?!"

You should definitely make people aware of this during TR5 celebration month, though. I'm sure fans will love it!
Old 20-04-21, 21:47   #7
CircusBabysGal

I got the DVD too! I actually translated the first FMV in English with subtitles! (I'm a native German speaker)
Lara says some really interesting things there, if you'd like to do so you can watch it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl8arWBsKVc
CircusBabysGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-21, 22:07   #8
UroshUchiha

"Not even I know what the hell shes saying" hahahahhahaha I died. And the messenger sound at ~6th minute finished me off. Thought it was a notification from my own messenger xD

I wonder if this little gem will be mentioned at all during the TR5 celebration month. Would be a shame if this is forgotten. Even I didn't know about it until a few months ago.

Last edited by UroshUchiha; 20-04-21 at 22:10.
Old 20-04-21, 22:20   #9
CircusBabysGal

Quote:
Originally Posted by UroshUchiha View Post
"Not even I know what the hell shes saying" hahahahhahaha I died. And the messenger sound at ~6th minute finished me off. Thought it was a notification from my own messenger xD

I wonder if this little gem will be mentioned at all during the TR5 celebration month. Would be a shame if this is forgotten. Even I didn't know about it until a few months ago.
I don't think so, it was just a DVD extra used to promote the game so I doubt we will see any love for it, it's a pretty forgot gem on itself.
CircusBabysGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-21, 05:48   #10
Wooxman

Awesome, thanks for sharing, UroshUchiha!

Recently I uploaded my own playthrough of this game, but with the correct aspect ratio, all possible deaths included and German and English subtitles. I didn't even know that Roli had a video about this, as well.

I included the archive.org link in the subscription.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoDE View Post
-- OMG --
I just found the answering machine recordings! I. Am. Literally. Dead.
I had one of those as my mobile voice mail message for years.

In case anyone is wondering what this is, I also uploaded a video of these messages (also with subtitles):

Last edited by Wooxman; 22-04-21 at 05:50.
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote