www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Old 28-05-21, 14:25   #11
Wooxman
Relic Hunter

TR III is somewhat unstable and has a weird bug which causes all options to go haywire and the only solution to that is to delete the config file so that the game will create a new one the next time you start it. There's also a funny bug which causes the wrong textures to load when you load different save games in quick succession.
Old 28-05-21, 15:52   #12
Obi_Black
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooxman View Post
TR III is somewhat unstable and has a weird bug which causes all options to go haywire and the only solution to that is to delete the config file so that the game will create a new one the next time you start it. There's also a funny bug which causes the wrong textures to load when you load different save games in quick succession.
Game stopped crashing for now. I already encountered texture glitch in High Security Compound, but it's nothing new for me actually - I remember playing TR3 for the first time on PC many years ago (my first full playthrough was on PSX) and total trip that game gave me couple times because of those wrongly loaded textures in Antarctica

Still, nothing beats double headed Lara from Golden Mask
Obi_Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-21, 19:15   #13
TombHackR
Golden

The texture glitch occurs when you hold down CTRL whilst finishing a level.

Since you press CTRL to move the quad bike, and you need the quad bike to finish Nevada Desert, people unknowingly cause this glitch going into High Security Compound unless they let go of CTRL when driving into the end of the level .
TombHackR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-21, 06:22   #14
Obi_Black
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombHackR View Post

Since you press CTRL to move the quad bike, and you need the quad bike to finish Nevada Desert, people unknowingly cause this glitch going into High Security Compound unless they let go of CTRL when driving into the end of the level .
Now that makes perfect sense. I know about this glitch but I din't know what really causes this - something new after 20 years
Obi_Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-21, 11:44   #15
Revenge
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi_Black View Post
It’s really interesting issue nonetheless - I had no problems on my old laptop with Intel Core i3 and GeForce 920. I wonder if it is caused by integrated GPU, which seems to run classics even when I try to force using Nvidia.
I remember also trying to force my PC to run the classics on my Nvidia GPU without success, always used the integrated one for some reason

Quote:

I remember also getting that bug on PC after doing something like that :
- Load a savegame
- As soon as you can press F6, press it and load a savegame. The background will still be the loading screen and not the usual inventory background screen (because the game didn't have time to be fully loaded I guess).
- This time after the game loads the texture are a mess (at least it might, I don't think I was getting the bug all the time)

Last edited by Revenge; 29-05-21 at 11:45.
Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-21, 10:37   #16
Wooxman
Relic Hunter

Quote:

This probably has nothing to do with the key that you press but rather with CTRL skipping the cutscene which means that the game loads the cutscene and then immediately has to load High Security Compound which is pretty much the same as loading two save games in quick succession.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenge View Post
I remember also getting that bug on PC after doing something like that :
- Load a savegame
- As soon as you can press F6, press it and load a savegame. The background will still be the loading screen and not the usual inventory background screen (because the game didn't have time to be fully loaded I guess).
- This time after the game loads the texture are a mess (at least it might, I don't think I was getting the bug all the time)
That's also how I always got that bug.