www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Editor

Old 30-05-21, 17:54   #1
ColeMoles
Hobbyist

Default A few texturing questions

Hi guys,

I must be being dumb but can anyone help with the following questions ?
-Texturing Horizon - on the old editors to texture the horizon you clicked the black colour on the colour palette at the bottom and then textured wherever you wanted the horizon.
However on tomb editor I go into face edit and then click the black colour on the colour pallette at the bottom (while on the brush setting) then I go to texture areas where I want the horizon to show, however it doesnít apply the see through texture that shows itís a horizon, it just applies whatever I have selected in my texture window instead.
How do get to the option so I can texture places in my ceiling that can show the horizon? Am I clicking wrong or something ?

- texturing portals - Iíve been adding cobwebs to my level via portals, however when you click the Ďtextured and traversableí so you can edit, I canít figure out a way to put the lines on the wall (you know the ones that you use to make sure textures donít stretch), every time I try it raises/lowers the ceiling/floor in the next room also.
Anyway to stop this or change it so the textures donít stretch or is there limitations when texturing portals?
Old 30-05-21, 18:13   #2
AshySlashy
Student

In order to make horizon visible choose the icon with the crossed eye on the tool panel and texture any sector with it. It will become transparent.
Old 30-05-21, 18:19   #3
ColeMoles
Hobbyist

Thank you! Now just for the 2nd question to be answered and im all set
Old 30-05-21, 18:26   #4
Mulf
Archaeologist

Regarding that second question, I'm afraid this will entail some reconstruction. You can't use texture dividers on portals (as you found out) without raising or lowering floors or ceilings in the adjoining room.
You will need stacked rooms (separate portals) if you want to avoid stretching textures on portals.

Last edited by Mulf; 30-05-21 at 18:27.
Mulf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-21, 19:51   #5
ColeMoles
Hobbyist

Thanks mulf I thought this was the case
Old 31-05-21, 01:53   #6
Fabio Ribeiro
Hobbyist

Yeah, unfortunately no dividers on portals...

I'm using this solution so far, when needed: For example, in one of my levels, I'm using that portal/arch object from Costal Ruins WAD that requires two rooms, one above the other, so the two square texture tiles that complement the object can fit correctly in the portals. So, as building these rooms became boring because there were many in my level, I've just edited the texture file, placing one texture tile above the other in the image. Then, in TE it's possible to select both squares (a vertical rectangle in this case) and apply the texture to the two-block portal without stretching, using only one room for that particular portal/arch object. It also works for cobwebs, etc.

Last edited by Fabio Ribeiro; 31-05-21 at 01:56.
Fabio Ribeiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-21, 08:01   #7
TombHackR
Golden

Yeah it’s never been possible to divide textures on doors (portals), unless you stack multiple rooms above each other and have multiple doors to divide the textures.

However, as the post above says, you can cheat nowadays with Tomb Editor by putting the cobweb textures above each other in the texture set and selecting both at once .
TombHackR is offline   Reply With Quote