www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Old 10-01-06, 20:34   #1
autumnangel
Hobbyist

Default TR3 sound glitch

Quite a while ago I bought the collector's edition with TR1-3 for PS. I had TR2 and 3 for PC but decided to sell those to go with the controller play rather than using a keyboard and giving up graphics in the process. Anyway, I just started up TR3 again and the sound effects are awful. Whenever Lara lands and has to crouch on the landing, a very loud buzz goes on and on but will go away when you pause it. Vaulting onto ledges and blocks gives clicking sounds rather than Lara grunting. Various other sound effects (like rain in the India level) will also continue on rather loudly forever until you press pause. Does anyone know what's going on here? It is extremely annoying to be playing this way. I hoped maybe it was just the level, but it does that in Lara's mansion too. Is there anything I can do besides muting the TV? Oh and I'm also playing it on a the newer version of the PS2 (the slim one), but TR1 and 2 from that package sound just fine.
autumnangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-06, 20:48   #2
fishlikelong
Archaeologist

Thats strange for the console..... I've never had that problem
Old 10-01-06, 21:12   #3
Nephili
Relic Hunter

Yea, i can imagine that being a problem on a PC version, but not a console version. I'm not sure what is going on there.
Nephili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-06, 00:03   #4
xMiSsCrOfTx
Tomb Raider

There might be something wrong with the disk. I've never heard of that happening on a console before. Were there any scratches on the disk? Make sure you clean it off. Even a little dust may cause problems. Unless it's just a bug with the actual disk or game, you might have to buy a new game. Also, there could be some dust or scratches on the laser that reads the game disk, that's happened to me before but I have never experienced these weird noises.
xMiSsCrOfTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-06, 21:48   #5
SlinkyRaider
Explorer

Like MissCroft has said, be sure to check for scratches on the disk. I have had that happen to me many times where the game starts getting slow, but I have never experienced any sound glitches, or any sound complications. Or maybe it could've been just a bad copy? Anyways, check the disk for any major scratches, or the least bit of dust. That always does the trick for me.
SlinkyRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-06, 07:49   #6
autumnangel
Hobbyist

Hmmm... It's probably gotta be a bad copy or something. It's literally like the first time I've played the disk and the surface is spotless; there are no scratches or anything to the naked eye. My PS2 is also new (3 weeks out of the box) and it reads and loads disks well before the PS2 gets to the browser/system configuration menu, so that's not the problem either. I guess I was wondering if anyone else had this problem with theirs. Thanks for all your help!
autumnangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-06, 17:34   #7
PirateRose
Professor

In my consol verison of TR3, when you are in the mansion in the training room, and you shimmy across at the one point, it tries to play music from different parts of the game. Like it could be the music you hear when you run away from the spike wall or you'll hear the rain and birds from the first level.
PirateRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-21, 14:54   #8
Jaranowska
Hobbyist

Sorry to resurrect or unearth an old thread, but I have the exact same problem with TRIII and have been looking everywhere for some explanation. I can confirm what the original poster said is true. I bought TRIII Collector's Edition (white) and a PS2 slim, and the game features numerous sound glitches: some sounds are missing, and others keep appearing out of context and piling on (water sounds, buzzing, clicks), and so on. Pressing start twice refreshes the sound track, but it gets contaminated again when you start playing. It makes the game quite unplayable.

I have not seen it mentioned on the various lists of PS1 games that have compatibility issues with the PS2. I ordered another edition of the game, so I'll see if it's any different — I hope it is!
Jaranowska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-21, 15:30   #9
TRExpertgamer
Muted

I had that situation with the PS1 version of Tomb Raider 3 when I was playing with it on my PS2 console. I think it's the disc that has lots of stubborn scratches right on the rear of the disc as it's in bad condition. Maybe you should clean it with something if that can solve the problem. And if not, then buy them in new condition.
Old 24-04-21, 16:20   #10
Jaranowska
Hobbyist

Yes, the disc is quite scratched maybe that's the reason.
Jaranowska is offline   Reply With Quote