www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 29-08-22, 17:39   #3511
HarleyCroft
Professor

Sorry to come in and be negative but I've always been glad they never chose Rhona for Lara.
I just don't like her too much, and I've tried
Old 29-08-22, 17:47   #3512
Soma Holiday
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
I love Rhona Mitra and I'd be on board for something I'm the vein of The Mummy but I don't think they'll go that route and it'd be a controversial opinion om the forums and seen as cheapening the brand by some. I personally just want a fun movie.

I hope we hear some news on rhe film rights soon although I expect this biddingbwar to last for a while.
Something in the vein of the first mummy would be a dream!!! Such a wonderful movie. The second one would be passable. But dear Lord not even I would want something as bad as the third mummy movie for Lara.

I know it's a pipe dream to get Rhona but man that'd be a dream come true for me. The only other one pipe dream I'd love would be a time machine to bring young Kelly Lebrock from the 80s to be Lara.
Soma Holiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-22, 23:56   #3513
Moon-Safari
Relic Hunter

If you guys are serious about half the girls you're posting then I think this actress deserves to be thrown into the ring too.

She has a cat like thing about her face. She's only 23 so she would have longevity in the series. I think with brown hair and classic outfit, she would make a cool Lara Croft.
Old 04-09-22, 00:12   #3514
Rai

A name would be nice. Can she act? But, no, I'm not getting any Lara vibes from her.
Old 04-09-22, 00:52   #3515
biscuits
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
A name would be nice. Can she act? But, no, I'm not getting any Lara vibes from her.
That's Sydney Sweeny.
And no I don't think she's a good fit. I've seen her in a few shows and she mostly does young teenage girl roles. But who knows? She's going to be in an upcoming Marvel movje tho.
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-22, 00:57   #3516
Moon-Safari
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
The girl from Euphoria, Sydney Sweeney.

She could look like Lara if someone could honestly say Emma Watson. And Emily Blunt, I like her, but I don't think so either. That would be a bit annoying casting and out of place. It's too much of a deviation from the character. But Sydney Sweeney still feels like young reboot Lara, but she can pull of the classic Lara vibes with some muscle and good fight choreo. Imagine seeing her get in shape from her timid appearance in euphoria. That would be a cool transformation into instant action movie star. I haven't heard her British accent yet, so it all depends on that.

Of course I'd much rather have an actress that looks like this if one even exists.

Last edited by Moon-Safari; 04-09-22 at 01:24.
Moon-Safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-22, 13:17   #3517
amiro1989
Relic Hunter

Hollywood producers won’t bank on an actress that has no box office hit or charm under her belt.

It’s not just because an actress wants to play the role that they’d book her, they need to have that box office power already.