www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 14-08-22, 04:50   #1
Moon-Safari
Relic Hunter

Default How to Utilize Alicia's Talent Better Than Reboot Did

I think now that we know Alicia's strengths there is a better chance of writing a Lara around her that works. No more cheesy dialogue, or at least use a better take of the "I'll take two" type lines. Some better directing would’ve been to get her to say it more calmly or focused or pointed or seductive. Anything but whatever was behind that delivery. Her whole performance seems frazzled and rushed. Maybe she was nervous or inhabiting that character they wrote her correctly, but it didn't feel like Lara. Lara is cool and poised.

No more squeeling like that. Make her screams more womanly like in the games. Alot of times she sounded like the voice actress that plays chucky finster in rugrats. No more panicky scenes where she has to be flustered. It didn't work. Calm and collected until she needs to break out with measured aggression at key moments. Angelina even looked cool when she got her ass beat at the end of the movie or when she was fumbling and catching her fall. Cool stunts that are more precise and classier and snatched. Better long hair that will age iconically, not that puffy short ponytail nobody will remember. The whole thing just needs more gloss. I would loved to see her in a REAL Tomb Raider movie basically.

How would you utilize her undeniable talent for the next movie so that she’s not wasted and can actually play Lara Croft for the first time.
Old 14-08-22, 08:48   #2
.:Tirivol:.
Professor

Umh... no?
.:Tirivol:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-22, 18:11   #3
Moon-Safari
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Tirivol:. View Post
Umh... no?
No to Alicia coming back, or no to my suggestions? This was a very low effort post and I think it would've been better if you didn't even say anything.
Old 14-08-22, 18:39   #4
Soma Holiday
Relic Hunter

I think Alicia actually had a great mix of being composed and badass while also being obviously scared and out of her element. I'm all for her being in a mature tomb raider movie with Lara as a experienced adventurer who never loses her cool, but since the movie was an origin story it made sense to have her a bit scared at times. I don't think they over did it at all and was glad she wasn't constantly sobbing like Shadow Lara. By the end of the movie I believed she'd become a badass.

I actually really liked the part where she screamed like a little girl. I can honestly say as an adult female that when I've legit been scared of something that is the sound that comes out. It isn't a deep and cool scream or grunt it's literally a high pitched pathetic little weasel squeek, so I found that authentic to real life and her character being young and inexperienced.

I'm really bummed she likely won't be back she really was the only modern actress I felt was great for the role. Her face was just perfect and she was respected and not overly recognizable. I kinda hope they just don't make another movie if she isn't going to be in it. This franchise can't catch a break.
Soma Holiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-22, 18:46   #5
AimlessThunder
Professor

Honestly.. They should forget about a new movie if they are not going to use her again. Maybe wait a few more years and reboot the movie series again. I still remember how excited I got when I saw her in her Lara attire on set.

She was great in the role of a younger Lara Croft and she would be amazing as a more seasoned Lara Croft.

I am not a stan, but she's the only actress that I can see in the role atm.

Who knows.. Maybe I will be proven wrong.. But c'mon she even has brown eyes and olive skin.. Like the original design.. Not to mention her screen presence and personality. Again this is my opinion.
AimlessThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-22, 19:47   #6
Amunet
Archaeologist

I personally would prefer a different actress for the next movie.