Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 17-05-19, 10:27   #1691
Woops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helegad View Post
Like "where's the product I paid for two years ago"?
Still hasn't even been made yet, apparently
Woops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-19, 21:48   #1692
New Dwight
Inactive

New Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-19, 22:24   #1693
charmedangelin

Can anything with Tomb Raider go right these days?
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-19, 05:08   #1694
Ellioft

I was the most positive of my friends about this kickstarter and now I just have enough. I have lost any interest or excitement about this project (even If I have order a deluxe and a vinyl).

The way Nathan's act isn't really great. I mean for more than two month of silence he could at least say "I'm sorry" showing some humility. The trolling I suppose is much more about fans asking what's going on because it's been two years we are waiting for this album...
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-19, 06:39   #1695
Megalith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
I was the most positive of my friends about this kickstarter and now I just have enough. I have lost any interest or excitement about this project (even If I have order a deluxe and a vinyl).

The way Nathan's act isn't really great. I mean for more than two month of silence he could at least say "I'm sorry" showing some humility. The trolling I suppose is much more about fans asking what's going on because it's been two years we are waiting for this album...
I don't know,i'm still thankful this Kickstarter happened even if i had to wait 2 years.
I have wanted to have Nathan's music on a CD ever since February 1998. 2 years feel like nothing compared to that.
Megalith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-19, 17:50   #1696
Putai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
This.

"I would like to start by not apologising for the recent radio silence but by explaining why I have been a little quiet and what has been happening."

"Following on from the large amount of criticism and trolling I received a few months ago, I made the decision that I would not be answering unimportant individual comments and emails."

Good it's his first and probably his last KS campaign. I don't think he would make it a second time with such an attitude.
Putai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-19, 23:55   #1697
Error96

Just to add balance I will say Nathan couldn't have been more friendly in the communications I have had with him. After his recent talk in Derby he stayed for well over a hour just chatting with everyone, doing photos, signing stuff and things like that.

The 4 editions is a bit of a confusing rationale as doing one design quickly and then asking people if they want to switch would have been better approach. Still though were are finally getting our albums and the music sounds really incredible. You are going to love it when you get it and I can't stress how much it is worth the wait.
Error96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-19, 22:18   #1698
Teeth

You impatient, entitled, whining, ungrateful gits. It seems Tomb Raider Forums never changes...
Teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-19, 23:36   #1699
Kapu

Look, I totally understand that people want the merch they paid for in their hands as soon as possible. Everyone who backs a project like this is eager to get what they paid for - it's why they back the project in the first place. But despite the long wait time, it's worth pointing out that we are not sitting empty handed. The first wave of merch has already been delivered. I got my signed poster, score, and program back in December. I know others have received t-shirts and jewel case CDs. Personally, I'm still waiting for my CD tin. Besides the physical merchandise, the actual music, i.e. the most expensive part of the project to be produced, has been delivered. If you for some reason didn't get a digital download, the music is available to stream FOR FREE on Spotify. Now don't get me wrong, I'm itching to get my hands on the CD quality version as much as the next guy. But in the meantime, I have the digital version of the TR1-3 soundtracks, recorded by a live symphony orchestra, to listen to.

Overall, Nathan has been incredibly transparent and forthcoming about the operations of the project and the work that's being done. I never would have known just how much goes into creating an album like this if it weren't for his updates. And to me, it's remarkable that a small team has been able to accomplish what they have - in particular when you consider that this is a side project for those individuals and not a full time job. It doesn't surprise me that Nathan has become frustrated. I can't imagine pouring this much personal time into a project, only to be met with waves of negativity. Did he bite off more than he can chew? Perhaps, but nothing has been outright cancelled. He knew this project would be a massive undertaking, but even he underestimated that amount of hurdles that he and this team would have to make. Take his latest update as an example. Nathan writes "unknown to us when we started this campaign, both Vinyl and Tin CD suppliers have minimum print orders, which, given the low numbers we need for the MODERN LARA and GOLD ULTIMATE EDITION albums, made it extremely difficult to find the right supplier at the right price without being left with large amounts of stock that we can’t sell, or otherwise shift for the reasons outlined above." Put yourself in this situation. Let's say you only need 100 each of the Modern and Gold Edition tins, but the supplier has a minimum order of 500 pieces. Project only has the budget for the exact amount needed. Now you have to either pony up the extra money (probably from your own pocket) to pay for the minimum order, or find a new supplier. Either choice is going to take time. And on the topic of time, when you're dealing with outside companies (such as a CD pressing supplier) you're at their mercy. Remember Nathan's update about registering the digital version of the album? One issue took 21 days to resolve, not because Nathan and his team dragged their feet, but because the registration company took that long to fix the problem. I could go on and on about the possible unexpected issues that a project like this could face. But that sounds like a painful nightmare, so instead I'll leave it in the real world hands of Nathan and co.

Again, I would like to stress that I understand how frustrated people are feeling. I don't want to de-legitimize the real problems people have had with communicating with Nathan and other issues they have faced. But when it comes to receiving the finished product/merchandise, I think we need a reminder that we did not simply purchase a product. We backed a massive project. It's taking longer than we had expected, and Nathan made a mistake in telling us that it would be finished in a year. But from reading his updates, we know that he simply didn't know it would take this long. There was no attempt to deliberately mislead anyone. And apart from the time he's had to take off to recover from his injury, he hasn't sat around doing nothing. He's been working. I'm going to continue doing what I've been doing since I backed the project: keep my eye on the updates, and wait patiently. And now that the digital version is out, I'll wait for the physical copy while I listen to the digital one. Maybe it's not ideal, but for the time being, I am content.
Kapu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-19, 00:50   #1700
Patrick star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeth View Post
You impatient, entitled, whining, ungrateful gits. It seems Tomb Raider Forums never changes...
I hope this is just a silly joke on your part because none of this would've happened if it wasn't for those "impatient , entitled , whining , ungrateful gits" . Literally .

With all due respect to Nathan (and his talent) but who on earth in his right mind starts an update on his campaign after a loong silence by saying "Let me start by not apologizing" ?

Didn't he think it sounded very...bratty ?
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote