Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 23-01-20, 13:49   #31911
ESCachuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Lulu View Post
Did you even play the Resident Evil games in the PS1 era? Call it realistic tone all you want, it does not make it so. Also, you just proved robm_2007 right.

I just want a faithful remake. You want Lara Croft to have her classic outfit. Well I want Jill to have her outfits. So don't be asking for Lara's outfit and tell others to stop asking for Jill's outfit.
At this point you just proved you didnt read me at all. I previously said RE was cartonish/anime-ish in the 90s but now they are realistic and they benefit from it.

And this is just circular. I dont feel the need of saying any thing else.
ESCachuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-20, 14:07   #31912
noonbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54 View Post
I want the game to be done like REmake :The same, with more content - much of the script was even more or less the same. It's totally respectful to the source material while adding in new ideas to keep it fresh. I don't know what they're doing with RE2 and RE3 - they may as well just make a new games.
I feel the majority of us Classic RE fans wanted this for years.
When it was revealed RE2R was 3rd Person there were fans that were not happy, others it grew on and then fans that wanted it to be 3rd or FPS from the start because Fixed Cameras are outdated.

People will find it stupid but I'm still pissed at this reimagining theme. Ever since REmake's release in 2002 we begged for Capcom to give RE2 the same treatment. That formula would have been perfect.
When they finally decided to Remake 2, they wanted to get experimental and change things. They could have saved that for the next instalment in the series (RE8).
I've said it before but the scariest thing in RE2R is the Lickers. Everything thing else did nothing. I won't go into (again) how the story is terrible and stuff.

We also asked for another Outbreak (or HD Remaster of the two) for YEARS, but they give us Project Trash instead
noonbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-20, 14:17   #31913
matrix54

I don't mind 3rd person because I get why they did it. I mind the approach they took to the game's development. Some parts feel too new. No one even asked for that. Like, they had driving segments planned for some reason, then scrapped it because it was too different. Duh?

To compare, remake had a short forest section to a cabin. Very short, and ties the additional story pieces together. It adds to the experience.

I'm not really sure what the orphanage was intended to add to RE2. It's fine, but nothing is added. Stuff was definitely removed, however. The whole street section for Claire is what should have been the introduction to the RPD, but it was moved.

Just weird choices all around. Great game in and of itself, but still weird.
matrix54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-20, 14:33   #31914
paulojr_mam

I also think it was a huge wasted opportunity RE2 not being more faithful (fixed camera angles). That said, I hope a mod for that is made at some point, or for Capcom to release a DLC for this.

As for Jill's clothing, I perfectly understand the reasoning for why her legs should be covered in a zombie apocalypse situation. That said, her clothes are so iconic, I'd prefer it if they made an excuse for her to be in her classic outfit (like not having time to change) than for it to be changed. That said, it could at least appear as a choice for those who want it. Same with RE2's Claire biker shorts.
paulojr_mam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-20, 14:50   #31915
ESCachuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulojr_mam View Post
That said, it could at least appear as a choice for those who want it. Same with RE2's Claire biker shorts.
It already has it. Both Carlos and Jill have their classic costumes.
ESCachuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-20, 15:10   #31916
matrix54

Carlos only has his classic hair. His outfit looks different (and has more color).

I guess they didn't do the full outfit:

A. To be cheap.
B. The rest of the UBCS or whatever would have to match.
matrix54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-20, 17:18   #31917
paulojr_mam

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54 View Post
Carlos only has his classic hair. His outfit looks different (and has more color).

I guess they didn't do the full outfit:

A. To be cheap.
B. The rest of the UBCS or whatever would have to match.
Yeah, Carlos's RE3 remake classic outfit looks fugly and very unfaithful.
paulojr_mam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-20, 17:56   #31918
dg1995

I still believe that giving big guns to Nemesis was a huge mistake in the original and is a bigger problem here.
Imagine Nemesis attacking you by a railgun and forcing you to play the game as a cover shooter game in some sections.
dg1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-20, 18:49   #31919
noonbob

Carlos's "Classic Outfit" makes him look 20 years older

How long do you think it will take to beat RE3R on first play through? I'm thinking 8-9 hours

My first play through of RE2R was 6 hours Leon then 4 hours Claire, and I played SLOW and thorough.
You know looking at ****, exploring every square inch Considering that I felt the game was short.
noonbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-20, 18:51   #31920
robm_2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Lulu
As to the weather part. I live in Mid Michigan and we have had a warm October in 2019. So it is possible that they had warmer temperatures in Racoon City.
Oh honey, the game takes place 20 years ago, and take global warming into consideration. In 20 years in October, you'll be hotter than your granny's armpits on 4th of July!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESCachuli View Post
Each game has it's tone. A RE3 remake with realistic graphics and the classic outfit will look stupid. Just wait until you play it. You will enjoy it, for sure, because nostalgia. But it will look dumb nonetheless.
It may look dumb but it's optional. Just like playing RE2make with the PS1 pixel skins or Shadow with classic Lara skins sticks out as jarring because of the graphics. It's not like they are making a new outfit that looks stupid in that setting. Back then, I'll give them a pass. Today, the only reason it's included is because it's the original. And they updated it to have more realistic...textures? Creasing?

Now, I've said before, some concern with the skirt outfit is clipping, (un)intentional panty shots, her skirt stretching weirdly (the latter which is what Excella's dress did when doing certain melee moves), rather than them looking at Jill and asking... Why are you dressed like that! Go back and change, you whore!!!
robm_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote