Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 23-03-17, 13:19   #10721
NoahCrofRaider

^ Yeah, it was done by Lyle Croft on TRF. It is gorgeouly edited and is very enjoyable to watch.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-17, 07:10   #10722
TR-Freak
Unverified

There's no crime if there's no one to witness.

It's funny how graceful Lara looks
TR-Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-17, 08:12   #10723
laracroft1997

i just noticed something, Legend has pretty much the same elements from AOD: Streets, Ruins underneath urban areas, Facilities, Abandoned buildings, Urban areas, Roof tops, and so on. so why do people keep saying AOD isn't a TRGame because it has urban areas, when legend has them too, but it rarely gets brought up in any discussion (from my experience of course), is it just because they hate the game? on a side note, people don't like to see AOD winning for some reason, when AOD wins a "Which TR has the Best Soundtrack" Poll or even "Which TR has the best story line" Poll people seem to get pretty upset and say it is overrated, but that's not true people are just giving credit where it is due. :////

Last edited by laracroft1997; 25-03-17 at 08:24.
laracroft1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-17, 10:00   #10724
lizardspock110

Quote:
Originally Posted by laracroft1997 View Post
i just noticed something, Legend has pretty much the same elements from AOD: Streets, Ruins underneath urban areas, Facilities, Abandoned buildings, Urban areas, Roof tops, and so on. so why do people keep saying AOD isn't a TRGame because it has urban areas, when legend has them too, but it rarely gets brought up in any discussion (from my experience of course), is it just because they hate the game? on a side note, people don't like to see AOD winning for some reason, when AOD wins a "Which TR has the Best Soundtrack" Poll or even "Which TR has the best story line" Poll people seem to get pretty upset and say it is overrated, but that's not true people are just giving credit where it is due. :////
Yea I know right :/

Even in "the wild" you can tell people love aod; official polls, fan art and news gets a tonne of attention from fans

And still people outside keep saying... "Even most Die Hard fans™ weren't impressed by it" Like what
lizardspock110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-17, 10:09   #10725
Nigel Cassidy

Quote:
i just noticed something, Legend has pretty much the same elements from AOD: Streets, Ruins underneath urban areas, Facilities, Abandoned buildings, Urban areas, Roof tops, and so on. so why do people keep saying AOD isn't a TRGame because it has urban areas, when legend has them too,
Maybe because there's way too much of that in AoD?

It's like having a Lord of the Rings game that takes place only in Mordor... which, oh yes, is what Shadow of Morder does, and I don't like that game either for exactly that reason...
Nigel Cassidy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-17, 10:35   #10726
Hazelphoenix

Quote:
on a side note, people don't like to see AOD winning for some reason, when AOD wins a "Which TR has the Best Soundtrack" Poll or even "Which TR has the best story line" Poll people seem to get pretty upset and say it is overrated, but that's not true people are just giving credit where it is due. :////
This has been brought up several times, I don't really understand why there's such a discomfort when AOD wins something. It annoys me to no end to see people being called "AOD stans" in a pejorative way or "cultists", like what the ****? Since when showing passion and dedication for your favourite game has turned into something to mock and get called on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardspock110 View Post
Yea I know right :/

Even in "the wild" you can tell people love aod; official polls, fan art and news gets a tonne of attention from fans

And still people outside keep saying... "Even most Die Hard fans™ weren't impressed by it" Like what
Exactly.

"Even the most die hard fans.." No. Most die-hard fans still love AOD to the point it's got an entire sub-fandom within the Tomb Raider fandom, say what
Hazelphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-17, 11:25   #10727
Patrick star

Quote:
i just noticed something, Legend has pretty much the same elements from AOD: Streets, Ruins underneath urban areas, Facilities, Abandoned buildings, Urban areas, Roof tops, and so on. so why do people keep saying AOD isn't a TRGame because it has urban areas, when legend has them too, but it rarely gets brought up in any discussion (from my experience of course), is it just because they hate the game?
No , it's not because we hate on the game , it's because :

Legend : Bolivia (and Bolivia Redux obviously) , Ghana , Nepal , 90% of Peru , 90% of England are all ruins/tombs/ancient settings , we have only 2 levels that are modern : Japan (that is very short) and Kazakhstan , that's like : 80% of the game is tombs/ruins and 20% modern .

AOD : Everything is urban , except the following : Tomb of Ancients , Hall of Seasons , The Lost domain and The Vault of Trophies . That's like : 80% of the game urban and 20% tombs/ruins .

See ? it's not only about the two games sharing some locations , it's the ratio and the balance that's where Legend excels and AOD fails .

Last edited by Patrick star; 25-03-17 at 11:29.
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-17, 11:40   #10728
lance6439

Every time I accidentally shot a monk, I'd restart from my last check point. Felt too guilty.
lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-17, 11:56   #10729
Phlip
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick star View Post
No , it's not because we hate on the game , it's because :

Legend : Bolivia (and Bolivia Redux obviously) , Ghana , Nepal , 90% of Peru , 90% of England are all ruins/tombs/ancient settings , we have only 2 levels that are modern : Japan (that is very short) and Kazakhstan , that's like : 80% of the game is tombs/ruins and 20% modern .

AOD : Everything is urban , except the following : Tomb of Ancients , Hall of Seasons , The Lost domain and The Vault of Trophies . That's like : 80% of the game urban and 20% tombs/ruins .

See ? it's not only about the two games sharing some locations , it's the ratio and the balance that's where Legend excels and AOD fails .
It's funny because, even taking this into consideration, AoD is far more TR than Legend.

I've also always been of the opinion that it's not so much tombs/caverns/temples/chambers that make the TR game, it's the level design, exploration and tasks. This is why I have no problem with and like VCI and London.
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-17, 12:13   #10730
Patrick star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
It's funny because, even taking this into consideration, AoD is far more TR than Legend.

I've also always been of the opinion that it's not so much tombs/caverns/temples/chambers that make the TR game, it's the level design, exploration and tasks. This is why I have no problem with and like VCI and London.
That's a whole different topic , LF1997 was questioning how come only AOD is singled out when people talk about it not being a true TR game because of its settings when Legend had similar settings , and I merely explained to him why some people look at it that way , the "ratio" side is too important to be ignored .

To each his own btw , I don't intend to say that the game has to take place in nowhere but tombs and ruins to be a TR game , but at least it has to have a minimum of that (imo) , and AOD doesn't . I won't say that AOD isn't a TR game because it's ratio of Tombs and modern is messed up (overall , I don't have this tendency of saying this is TR and this is not etc) , but in the setting , tone and theme aspects , Legend beats AOD .

And for the record , I don't even think that AOD has better gameplay than Legend , but for completely different reasons . AOD's obviously more challenging , but for reasons that has nothing to do with its level design , tasks or puzzles .

Last edited by Patrick star; 25-03-17 at 12:19.
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote