Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 05-05-19, 12:13   #1
tomee

Default Lara Croft to return as a blonde

I can't help but feel Cassie Cage or Sonya Blade from Mortal Kombat could replace the current Lara and it would be an improvement. Let's take a look at they can bring to the table.

Twin pistols ? Check
Lack of ugly mophead resembling bangs? Check
Long flowing ponytail? Check
Braid as alternative? Check (additional picture)
Iconic sunglasses? Check
Charisma and sass? Check
Sexy and/or fun costumes? Check, Check, Check, Check, Check & Check
Witty insults and comebacks? Check & Check

Now obviously neither Cassie nor Sonya could make a perfect Lara, but if we were to combine their best traits, I think it would be pretty close. Certainly she would be an improvement over the Ellen Page looking Mary Sue we currently have.

The next Tomb Raider should embrace some campiness and cheesiness. I want it to open with a scene like this, except among ruins, not in some industrial warehouse.

After ̶b̶l̶o̶n̶d̶e̶ Lara gunned down everyone, she finally has a moment to breathe. She picks her hand mirror and notices her lipstick was smeared during the ambush, so she quickly reapplies it, then flicks the lipstick at the camera.

Can you say iconic?
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-19, 12:24   #2
biscuits

OOOOO I can't wait to see how this thread turns out

But I like Cassie. She's cool.

Last edited by Admles; 14-06-19 at 08:49. Reason: oversized GIF removed
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-19, 12:26   #3
Costel

And now everyone will come and say:
Cassie Cage is more Lara than reboot Lara.

Oh, no wait. Cassie shows emotion in MK so we can`t have that.

By the way should ****ing learn the definition of the Mary Sue already. That is not reboot Lara.

Last edited by Costel; 05-05-19 at 12:29.
Costel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-19, 12:43   #4
TrustyBow

Not sure if serious.
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-19, 12:50   #5
E.Carnby

Can we say that the classic version of Lara Croft (her visual) was released for other games when she does not use it? I mean, Lara Croft has given up her iconic visual for different game (dual guns, glasses, braid, shorts, boots...).

Last edited by E.Carnby; 05-05-19 at 12:52.
E.Carnby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-19, 12:55   #6
biscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.Carnby View Post
Can we say that the classic version of Lara Croft (her visual) was released for other games when she does not use it? I mean, Lara Croft has given up her iconic visual for different game (dual guns, glasses, braid, shorts, boots...).
Braids, shorts, and boots aren't exclusive to Lara though. But yes a bunch of characters have incorporated Classic Lara's iconography into their designs.
Old 05-05-19, 12:57   #7
JsotoTRSaga

You are joking right?

Multi Pass

Give me Brunette long braid Lara, sunglasses, teal tank top, dual pistols and backpack. (Shorts optional)

Last edited by JsotoTRSaga; 05-05-19 at 13:00.
JsotoTRSaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-19, 13:05   #8
tomee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Costel View Post
By the way should ****ing learn the definition of the Mary Sue already. That is not reboot Lara.
Calm down, my friend. It's not *that* serious.
Can you recommend me an alternative to Mary Sue? I'll gladly admit if I used it incorrectly, I just copied what I've observed on TRF over the years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
Not sure if serious.
I kind of am. Obviously I'm not asking for Lara to actually go blonde, but watching Cassie did make me wonder just how much more of a Lara Croft she is than Lara Croft herself.

I was dead serious about the last part in which I described how I would start the next game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsotoTRSaga View Post
Give me Brunette long braid Lara, sunglasses, teal tank top, dual pistols and backpack. (Shorts optional)
That was kind of the point. The thread title was just supposed to grab attention. Maybe I made it too clickbait-y.
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-19, 13:09   #9
biscuits

Mary Sue is just a lazy word for people to describle female characters they don't like. I'm guilty of it too. Reboot Lara is not a Mary Sue. She doesn't exude the traits of one. You can call her dull and bland, but not a Mary Sue.
Old 05-05-19, 13:10   #10
E.Carnby

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
Braids, shorts, and boots aren't exclusive to Lara though. But yes a bunch of characters have incorporated Classic Lara's iconography into their designs.
Probably her iconic look is no longer important because she is today adventurer survivor, a girl with a bow (and dressed in tribal costumes often).
I don't suppose her iconic look ever comes back and many young players don't even know who the girl was originally with dual pistols and braid. I guess Lara Croft's return didn't come. When many people can't recognize her. I always recognize Mario character, Sonic character, Link character (Zelda). I would say that choosing to throw Lara's iconic look is sad.

Last edited by E.Carnby; 05-05-19 at 13:12.
E.Carnby is offline   Reply With Quote