www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 13-03-16, 21:30   #1
BeRad03
Hobbyist

Default My Options for Downloading/Running a Level Editor

Hello! Just signed up for this site and was hoping I could get some help from fellow tomb raiders on the site regarding the Level Editor

First things first (which may just cancel out everything else) I have a Mac with the latest OS El Capitan. I know this can't play the TRLE (or the NGLE - which i never have explored) but, can't run it because its too new and updated.

My next thought was to run a windows virtual machine and download via that, and it worked for a good hour, and bummed out on me, wouldn't open, or unlock. so I gave up on that idea. However, the windows machine may have also been too upgraded as it was 10.

I guess what I'm trying to figure out is what my options are. I really would love to explore more of the Tomb Raider Level Editor and begin building my own levels. I've already watched a few of the tutorials and I find it pretty easy to understand, but technology seems to be against that lol Does anyone on here have any ideas or ways around this? I'd appreciate any help! Thanks.
BeRad03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-16, 21:55   #2
Dustie
Relic Hunter

Realistically, your only options are to get the virtual machine to work again or dual boot into Windows. I don't know if this is the same thing on a Mac these days? Either scenario should let you use TRLE on your Mac computer.

Unless you're interested in buying a cheap, used PC specifically to run the editor.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote