www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 03-01-20, 14:20   #1
ryulee1996
Hobbyist

Default About TR2Prj

Hey there, is there a way to fix the textures from tr1-5 since there are some that don't have textures and some are mixed into other textures that doesn't belong there. I know that TR2prj does some problems with the textures for all the maps.
ryulee1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-20, 17:54   #2
TombRaiderTim
Archaeologist

TR2Prj is like playing a Russian Roulette if you are attempting to extract anything from a Tomb Raider game before Revelation. You'd have to load the TGA that it has produced and replace each and every texture with the original ones that you can download or extract from the level files themselves, in the same places you see them on the TGA file, though due to how they are set out, animation ranges won't work how you want them to.

Even then if you plan on building on the extracted files PRJ, 9/10 times you will encounter constant crashes, bugs and many errors, which is why when people are perhaps remaking a level from one of the games, they prefer to build it from the ground up on the editor to avoid all of problems.

If you just want the original textures though, why not give TBuilder from TR Search a go? You can load a level file from a CD's data folder in the C: drive of your computer, which will extract and showcase them all from the level you choose, then you can organise and save them as a TGA file for use in the editor.

If you don't want to do that, you could always head over to Aspidetr's Textures page and download a set from any of the listed games on there.

Last edited by TombRaiderTim; 03-01-20 at 17:59.
TombRaiderTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-20, 18:35   #3
SrDanielPonces
Relic Hunter

Tbh I rather fixing TR2PRJ messy prj's than making one from scratch. Yes, it does take a while and patience, but at lesat you don't have to keep comparing how it looks like in the original to make sure the room geometry is the same etc etc

After fixing the levels I've never had crashes or anything tho
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-20, 21:20   #4
ggctuk
Relic Hunter

I always found TR2PRJ would extract TR1-3 textures in the correct order, but not TR4 or TRC textures. That's when you get the muddling up.

Projects ripped by TR2PRJ come out incredibly buggy in otherways. There was a PRJFix that was made which fixes most of those issues but it introduces a few other problems of its own (IE it would break flipmaps).
Old 06-01-20, 17:13   #5
Netuddki
Hobbyist

Hi!
Try this
https://github.com/sapper-trle/TR42PRJ/releases
Tr4 only. You can combine both.

I use google translate
Netuddki is offline   Reply With Quote