www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 12-11-19, 21:57   #71
Tombraider95
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
Pretty much. Which falls in line with what Iíve said:
You said LAU and Nicobass's games are the same. So how is that "falls in line with what I've said" when TrustBow said they can't be compared?

Quote:
Also, heís comparing the reactions people have on what Nico posts, and the outfits CD posts. Thatís like comparing Potatoes and Oranges. It doesnít make sense. Nico is posting stuff about a remake heís personally making, from a really well known game. Compare it, for example with the posts about the DLCs instead, which received lots of traction and praise.
You're missing the point.

Lately, anytime CD/SE try and remake or do something "classic" they miss the mark. Fans are doing a better job doing it themselves. That's my point.
Old 12-11-19, 22:00   #72
TrustyBow
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
The gym outfit. Both made by each other, Nicobass's version is clearly truer to the original design and looks a lot better to me.

Croft Manor. Shadow has a small section where you play as young Lara, climb about, solve a puzzle and it ends. Whilst this was one of the best parts of the game, compare it to Nicobass who is remaking what looks to be a fully explorable Croft Manor with a swimming pool, assault course, dirt track, library etc...

Both cases were going for something completely different. Nicobass's gym outfit is a literal recreation wheras EM was trying to put their own spin on it. If you wanna argue that they shouldn't have put their own spin on it, sure go ahead, but the intentions are completely different.

In the case of CM, again Nicobass is going for a literal recreation, wheras CD/EM haven't even had the chance to make a full CM, unless you count Blood Ties, but that was more narrative focused. Not to mention Nicobass has only posted pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft Raider View Post
CD has also tried recreating content that was already acclaimed with Anni and they couldn't do that right either, so once again Nicobass is showing how it's done.
And Nicobass made a demo of one level. If CD released St. Francis Folly as a standalone, people would be showering them with praise.

Quote:
Also, he’s comparing the reactions people have on what Nico posts, and the outfits CD posts. That’s like comparing Potatoes and Oranges. It doesn’t make sense. Nico is posting stuff about a remake he’s personally making, from a really well known game. Compare it, for example with the posts about the DLCs instead, which received lots of traction and praise.
Yeah I don't really get it tbh. It'd be as fair to compare how many positive comments Nicobass has gotten on his tweets to how many positive comments are on the Shadow Cinematic trailer.

Last edited by TrustyBow; 12-11-19 at 22:02.
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-19, 22:04   #73
Tombraider95
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
Both cases were going for something completely different. Nicobass's gym outfit is a literal recreation wheras EM was trying to put their own spin on it. If you wanna argue that they shouldn't have put their own spin on it, sure go ahead, but the intentions are completely different.
Which is what annoys me. If you're going to re-create something, don't half ass it, by either modernising or doing their own thing with it. That was what I was originally talking about.

Quote:
In the case of CM, again Nicobass is going for a literal recreation, wheras CD/EM haven't even had the chance to make a full CM, unless you count Blood Ties, but that was more narrative focused. Not to mention Nicobass has only posted pictures.
They've had 3 games to do their own manor. They've chosen not to for some reason and only give us small portions.

Nicobass looks like he's giving us a full manor. Whether that's a remake or not is irrelevant. CD/SE can still give us their "full" manor but they haven't.

Quote:
And Nicobass made a demo of one level. If CD released St. Francis Folly as a standalone, people would be showering them with praise.
Yes they probably would, what's your point?

If CD/SE gave us a full remake of the Classic outfit, people would be also showering them with praise. But they haven't.

Last edited by Tombraider95; 12-11-19 at 22:05.
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-19, 22:10   #74
Vaskito
Relic Hunter

Quote:
You said LAU and Nicobass's games are the same. So how is that "falls in line with what I've said" when TrustBow said they can't be compared?
Because Nico is remaking something that already exists, with tech and mechanics that were already created and used by Crystal 10 years ago, whereas Crystal is making something new - thatís what TrustBow was saying and it fall in line with that post because it was exactly what Iíve pointed out.

Quote:
You're missing the point.

Lately, anytime CD/SE try and remake or do something "classic" they miss the mark. Fans are doing a better job doing it themselves. That's my point.
No, Iím not missing the point. I think youíre just being selective so it falls in line with the point youíre trying to pursue
Old 12-11-19, 22:12   #75
Daft Raider

Quote:
I mean, if that's your opinion, that's fine. But you can't really use that as a valid point as it's a hypothetical. We don't know what everyone's reaction would be if St. Francis Folly were released as a standalone.
Daft Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-19, 22:16   #76
Tombraider95
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Because Nico is remaking something that already exists, with tech and mechanics that were already created and used by Crystal 10 years ago, whereas Crystal is making something new - that’s what TrustBow was saying and it fall in line with that post because it was exactly what I’ve pointed out.
Sure, but like I've said before, the classic outfit and the gym outfit already exist, so it's fair to be compared, which is what I was doing. Same with the Manor.

Quote:
No, I’m not missing the point. I think you’re just being selective so it falls in line with the point you’re trying to pursue
Is that another way of saying "if that fits your narrative!"?

There's no point going any further I've already made my point multiple times.
Old 12-11-19, 22:18   #77
TrustyBow
Professor

Quote:
Which is what annoys me. If you're going to re-create something, don't half ass it, by either modernising or doing their own thing with it. That was what I was originally talking about.
Yeah I don't really know why they didn't just leave it as is tbh, but I actually didn't mind what we got (Wasn't my favorite outfit though).

Quote:
Yes they probably would, what's your point?
The point is that St. Francis Folly was acclaimed but was ultimately only a small part of the game. Making hyperbolic statements like "Nicobass is doing much better than CD" is pretty ridiculous when he's given us so little, imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft Raider View Post
I mean, if that's your opinion, that's fine. But you can't really use that as a valid point as it's a hypothetical. We don't know what everyone's reaction would be if St. Francis Folly were released as a standalone.
It's not really hypothetical. Anni's St. Francis Folly is praised highly by the fanbase.

Last edited by TrustyBow; 12-11-19 at 22:20.
Old 12-11-19, 22:21   #78
Tombraider95
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Yeah I don't really know why they didn't just leave it as is tbh, but I actually didn't mind what we got (Wasn't my favorite outfit though).
I guess we'll never know since they're so silent.

Quote:
The point is that St. Francis Folly was acclaimed but was ultimately only a small part of the game. Making hyperbolic statements like "Nicobass is doing much better than CD" is pretty ridiculous when he's given us so little, imo.
I get that! But from what we've seen, he's heading in the right direction and hasn't exactly let anyone down. Even if he's given us only little, the quality is really good. Quality > Quantity.
Old 12-11-19, 22:23   #79
Athukraz
Relic Hunter

I don't think Lara looking like Lara and a full manor qualify as "little content". It's what many have been asking since forever. We're not asking for Classic Lara back we're asking them to associate reboot lara with who she is supposed to be and to not give us classic stuff in the form of breadcrumbs (dual pistols for 3 seconds only, classic recolor, censored unfaithful croft fitness outfit etc) it's been half a decade, a full decade if you count the wait between TRU and TR2013 so come on already! It's time

Last edited by Athukraz; 12-11-19 at 22:25.
Athukraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-19, 22:27   #80
TrustyBow
Professor

Quote:
I get that! But from what we've seen, he's heading in the right direction and hasn't exactly let anyone down. Even if he's given us only little, the quality is really good. Quality > Quantity.
Yeah I see what you all mean. I don't mean to make it sound like CD/EM shouldn't be held accountable. But I do believe that they've made content that's as good as what Nicobass has made, even if that content is sandwiched inbetween mistakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athukraz View Post
I don't think Lara looking like Lara and a full manor qualify as "little content".
If he made a full, playable manor, then it wouldn't but pictures of a manor definitely counts as little content to me.

Last edited by TrustyBow; 12-11-19 at 22:29.