www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 21-09-19, 19:35   #1
ajb94
Hobbyist
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 11
Default Best Gaming Laptops?

looking to mainly play classics and i really need a great laptop with cooling systems as ive had huge issues with non gaming laptops shutting off on me mid play because of over heating! :/ so really something with good graphics and a great cooling system. I came across this on amazon, is it worth it?


https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RMLHVYS/



thank you in advance

Last edited by tlr online; 21-09-19 at 22:55. Reason: Referral data removed.
ajb94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-19, 19:53   #2
Tomb Raidering
Archaeologist
 
Tomb Raidering's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Parisian Backstreets - ĎRue de Paititií
Posts: 1,174
Default

IF you mean for Classic TR, than itís not worth it. I mean, Iím pretty sure your laptop will run them with some optimization. My old PC from 2006 can run TR1 to TRU no problem..........
__________________
Iíll stan Chronicles, AoD and Anniversary forever! <3
Tomb Raidering is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-19, 20:03   #3
charmedangelin
Relic Hunter
 
charmedangelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 9,888
Default

For the classics you wouldn't need something that powerful, but if you plan on playing other stuff too then that laptop looks like a good buy. That laptop is as powerful as a PS4 so it would be able to play any game you threw at it with ease.
__________________
Always Pondering
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-19, 00:02   #4
ajb94
Hobbyist
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
IF you mean for Classic TR, than itís not worth it. I mean, Iím pretty sure your laptop will run them with some optimization. My old PC from 2006 can run TR1 to TRU no problem..........
Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
For the classics you wouldn't need something that powerful, but if you plan on playing other stuff too then that laptop looks like a good buy. That laptop is as powerful as a PS4 so it would be able to play any game you threw at it with ease.


hmm ok got ya. So what would be a great laptop for the classics? def still need a powerful cooling system because my others overheat after time due to poor cooling system in them. just HPs

i really do like the one in the OP. Even though its more than what i need for classic, i may play other games as well, as long as i can do classics and new games


do we think the classics can be playable on the laptop in the OP? with the bonus gold expansion levels as well.
ajb94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-19, 00:36   #5
charmedangelin
Relic Hunter
 
charmedangelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 9,888
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajb94 View Post
hmm ok got ya. So what would be a great laptop for the classics? def still need a powerful cooling system because my others overheat after time due to poor cooling system in them. just HPs

i really do like the one in the OP. Even though its more than what i need for classic, i may play other games as well, as long as i can do classics and new games


do we think the classics can be playable on the laptop in the OP? with the bonus gold expansion levels as well.
Absolutely, that laptop can play the classic no problem.
__________________
Always Pondering
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-19, 06:45   #6
moodydog
Relic Hunter
 
moodydog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Middle of Somewhere
Posts: 9,625
Default

When you say classics, what do you mean?
moodydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-19, 07:37   #7
ajb94
Hobbyist
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodydog View Post
When you say classics, what do you mean?
tr1-3. maybe some N64 games too.
ajb94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-19, 16:55   #8
moodydog
Relic Hunter
 
moodydog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Middle of Somewhere
Posts: 9,625
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajb94 View Post
tr1-3. maybe some N64 games too.
Pretty much any laptop will do, but the 1050 is nice to have if you also want to do some semi-recent gaming on mid settings.

N64 emulation, I believe utilises the processor more than the graphics card (not sure if it even uses the GPU at all).

You'd probably prefer going for a more compact laptop that's lighter and cheaper (though $500-600 on a gaming laptop is fine)?

I have a $160 laptop (slightly more in the uk)... It's ultra thin, ultra compact, ultra quiet and pretty poor in terms of specs and overall performance... however it runs the classic Tomb Raider games like a charm. I wouldn't recommend the laptop (unless you're like me and just need something satisfactory for day to day browsing and tasks), but it's just to demonstrate you do not need to spend much to get classic TR games running. Again, don't get that laptop, you're better spending a bit more, perhaps a core i3 laptop and an integrated graphics card.

Last edited by tlr online; 23-09-19 at 03:28. Reason: Referral data removed.
moodydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-19, 03:29   #9
tlr online
Administrator
 
tlr online's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 57,347
Default

Please remove referral data from your Amazon links, as per our rules and here.
tlr online is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 10:51.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.