www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 29-09-19, 00:34   #11
charmedangelin
Relic Hunter

Use Lightworks

The free version is more then enough for what you need. You can do a lot of editing and video conversion in the free version alone.

Also good video converter that is free is VLC Media Player
Old 29-09-19, 01:12   #12
Robwood
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
Use Lightworks

The free version is more then enough for what you need. You can do a lot of editing and video conversion in the free version alone.
I'm looking at it right now, but I see nothing for splitting videos or adding title cards.
Old 29-09-19, 02:01   #13
charmedangelin
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robwood View Post
I'm looking at it right now, but I see nothing for splitting videos or adding title cards.
It's been a while since I last had to edit a video, but I remember it's different in Lightworks. In Lightworks you have to set the time you want to cut. Title cards are there, but it's been a while.

Give me a minute and I'll fire it back up so I can let you know. Lightworks is more professional then Windows Movie maker so some stuff is a bit more complex to do.
Old 29-09-19, 02:10   #14
Robwood
Professor

Quote:
It's been a while since I last had to edit a video, but I remember it's different in Lightworks. In Lightworks you have to set the time you want to cut. Title cards are there, but it's been a while.

Give me a minute and I'll fire it back up so I can let you know. Lightworks is more professional then Windows Movie maker so some stuff is a bit more complex to do.
I'll take any help you give me, but I just want this video published already.

RANT

I recorded the footage over 10 hours ago and it should've been on YouTube by now. Is the internet really so bad that it can't figure out how to provide a website where you can convert MP4s to AVIs for free without limitations and watermarks? That's all I really need. I know and am comfortable with Windows Movie Maker; I shouldn't need to go through this much effort to get the job done.

/RANT
Old 29-09-19, 02:23   #15
charmedangelin
Relic Hunter

All right I took a bunch of screens, uploading now with instructions.
Old 29-09-19, 02:27   #16
Robwood
Professor

Quote:
All right I took a bunch of screens, uploading now with instructions.
Thanks. It's late where I am, so I'll look at them tomorrow.
Old 29-09-19, 03:04   #17
charmedangelin
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robwood View Post
Thanks. It's late where I am, so I'll look at them tomorrow.
No prob

Alright so here we go

Splitting a Video

Ok to split the video in to separate halves first click on the part that want to split. A red line should go down the track showing that you clicked it and where you clicked it like this.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...enshot_734.png

Then go underneath the video window and click on the icon that shows two red arrows facing each other. This button will split that segment in half.

1. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...hot_735_LI.jpg

2. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...enshot_736.png

You see I now have two separate segments.

For title card

Click at the top of the editor where it says VFX

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...hot_737_LI.jpg

As you can see this is where special effects and titles and stuff are. For titles click on that sample title at the bottom twice. You will arrive at this screen

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...enshot_738.png

The top section with the color wheels is for the background. The bottom section is for the title word.

To change the title word click on the box below and type whatever you want it to be like this.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...enshot_739.png

If you want to change the background color then you need to manipulate the first color wheel and the bar under the first color where where it says shadows.

The color wheel let's you set the color by clicking and dragging on the small circle to whatever color you want.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...enshot_741.png

To brighten or darken the color use the black and white bar directly under that first color wheel.

When finished your title will be on its own track. That's because I this editor everything works on its own track. Think of it like the road with multiple lanes.

Your title may come out like this where it's super long,

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...enshot_742.png
but you can drag it back down to normal size or however long you want the title to show.

If you want the title on top of the video then line the title up with the video track.

If you want the title to be separate then make sure the title is spaced from the video like this.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...enshot_743.png

That's how you work with titles and splitting

Last edited by charmedangelin; 29-09-19 at 03:08.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-19, 11:47   #18
Robwood
Professor

I'll attempt to work with all of this in a moment. In the meantime, what about transitions? I'd like to do a fade in and out for each title card.

EDIT: God this is aggravating. How do I make a black title card with white letters? This ain't working.

EDIT 2: I would still like to know about how to perform transitions, but I've managed to stumble my way through the video making process. Right now, I'm hopefully exporting the finished product onto my computer so that I can upload it to YouTube. I tried once before but it only exported the video I imported.

Last edited by Robwood; 29-09-19 at 15:31.
Robwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-19, 15:40   #19
charmedangelin
Relic Hunter

Hey I was just trying to figure it out myself. It's been a few years since I last used this program. I'm glad you were able to figure it out, to export just right click on the video window and there should be an export option. Then hit youtube and it should export the whole video.

After coming back to this program I didn't realize how complicated it is. I still have yet to work out a proper transition effect and I once used this program to make stuff years ago.
Old 29-09-19, 15:51   #20
Robwood
Professor

Quote:
to export just right click on the video window and there should be an export option. Then hit youtube and it should export the whole video.
I hope so. My second attempt failed. I was under Edit, had the cursor at the beginning of the bottom bars, and tried to export it from there. Although it gave me an MP4 file titled Sequence #1 after 18 minutes, the video was unplayable, so I haven't uploaded it to YouTube. I'm now making my third attempt based upon what you've suggested here.

By the way, you said that I could use Lightworks for video conversion. How would I do that?

EDIT: Tried to export the way you said; didn't work. The video is still unplayable with my MP4 player.

EDIT 2: Apparently the file's name needs to be changed before the video can play for some reason. Oh well. Time to upload it!

Last edited by Robwood; 29-09-19 at 16:25.
Robwood is offline   Reply With Quote