Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 08-10-19, 21:38   #11
Samz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenapple968 View Post

Due to this being a 13+ Forum, there is a lot of stuff that I've held back on; I don't think it would be appropriate to give the full blown extent of everything, as the nature of what I would talk about would surely defy the rules of the Forum. In fact, there was just one person who used to be on this Forum who knew me for a while and knew a fair bit about my suffering, and I suspect that this individual probably would have sussed out the full truths behind the bits that I've held back on, had they still been part of this Forum.

There isn't much else I can add to this Thread, other than by repeating myself in saying that my experiences with the world, combined with my conditions and what goes on in my head is to blame for why I am in Hospital and why I suffer so deeply. If we wind the years back, then I'm sure a lot of you can remember me at the best of times, back when I was full of joy, energy, passion, ambition, motivation and everything like that. But at times like this, I completely lack any of that. I truly do not know if I will ever get better and leave Hospital and become an active part of your lives again. Or if I'm simply stuck in a position when pain and suffering is permanent and inevitable, and in which case, I can't see myself ever returning to TRF, YouTube or the real world itself. I'm sorry for my absence. I'm sorry for being such a let down and failure in managing myself and my emotions. But I will still wish you people well.
There's no need to feel like a let-down, you're almost certainly not as much at fault as you think you are.

Things can and WILL get better, don't think you're stuck in a position of pain and suffering.
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-19, 00:03   #12
Greatest TR

Glad to know you are okay and well, I did notice of your absence, anyway welcome back again, looking forward of your contents one day
Greatest TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-19, 00:19   #13
tomblover

You don't ever have to apologize for anything, remember that. Never.

We've all been there - some more often than others. I'm glad you're alive.

I'm glad I am, too, if that tells you anything. Please take care of yourself.

We remember you as you still are - all of that which you said you aren't.

Just because you don't see it at the moment, doesn't mean it isn't there still. Trust me on this.

But you don't have to perform for anyone. Just, take care of yourself. That's all you need to do, for anyone.

For yourself, most importantly. And you are important. Never forget that. The writing's on the wall, or the videos are on YouTube, if you prefer.

Last edited by tomblover; 09-10-19 at 00:21.
tomblover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-19, 12:55   #14
Dennis's Mom

You have nothing to apologize for. I'm so sorry that life has not treated you as well.

I firmly believe you will get better. It's OK that it takes time. This will probably be an ongoing recovery for you, even after you leave. That's OK too.

Best wishes for you. Keep us updated as you can.
Dennis's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-19, 13:46   #15
HecticBartoli

I’m horribly gutted to hear what you’ve been through for the past one and a half years, I suffered quite a lot of mental health problems for the past year, severe depression, being on the verge of panic attacks, dealt with corrupt people and other things that I don’t wanna talk too much about it.

We at Tomb Raider Forums had our stages of dealing with mental health issues, some of us got discriminated whether it’s to do with sexualities, social disorders and other kinds of disorders. I don’t think there’s anything abnormal with us. We’re all human beings. Straight or LGBT

I and everybody else in Tomb Raider Forums wish you the very best recovery possible and we will hope and pray that you’ll return to us. Stay strong GreenApple.
HecticBartoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-19, 14:13   #16
kathrynnn

I don't know you well at all, but I am saddened to hear this, and as other have said, it's very courageous of you to come here and speak about these things!

You have nothing to apologize for, you are not a let-down. I wish you well! Take care of yourself.
kathrynnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-19, 14:56   #17
Cat Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathrynnn View Post
I don't know you well at all, but I am saddened to hear this, and as other have said, it's very courageous of you to come here and speak about these things!

You have nothing to apologize for, you are not a let-down. I wish you well! Take care of yourself.
Sending lots of hugs.
Cat Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-19, 17:37   #18
Blackmoor

It's really nice to hear from you, Greenapple. What a terrible time you've had..... please know that you are not alone. Lots of people have had a taste of some of the things you mention you've experienced in your life and of how you've felt. I know there have been times when I've felt victimised, suffered emotional health problems and felt unfairly treated too.

The good thing is that you are trying to solve it. One day at a time is the only way unfortunately.

The good days always come back eventually, that's my experience. And I hope it is yours too.
Blackmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-19, 11:59   #19
moodydog

Don't ever feel like you owe us anything. You don't owe us an explanation, or an apology, or even an update. We are here for you, whenever you feel the time is right. No one, not even the king of penguins himself is expecting an explanation/ an apology of anything.
If there is anything we could do for you, I'm sure we can help, whether it's talking through pm, or even opening a thread for you.

It's great that you've been able to share you story though, so well done!
moodydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-20, 19:25   #20
Greenapple968

Thank you everyone for the extremely kind words; it's been very reassuring reading your replies. Rather than reply to each of you individually (where I would probably be repeating myself many times), I thought that I would do one post which is aimed at you all. All of you who've posted have been very understanding and I greatly appreciate it all.

It's been quite a few months since I created this thread, and I am still a hospital patient as of today; I'm at the same hospital despite my admission being over two years ago. I honestly don't know what's ahead of me; the Doctors don't seem to have any great ideas and nor do I. Regardless of this, I will probably be more active on here and I would love to communicate with you via threads, PMs and VMs. I will be around, so feel free to make contact if you would like. There won't be any YouTube activity until further notice.

Greenapple968 is offline   Reply With Quote